Easy Lemony Butter Shrimp Pasta

Easy Lemony Butter Shrimp Pasta

Easy Lemony Butter Shrimp Pasta

This is probably one of our favorite meals during the busy work week.  So simple, affordable and delicious. Just a quick tip when buying shrimp: be sure to buy the most sustainable shrimp and look for certifications.  STAY AWAY from shrimp that has been peeled and deveined before freezing.  It can cause a loss of flavor and texture. What’s the point of buying shrimp if we can’t taste it, right?

Instead of throwing away the shrimp shells and cause a smelly/stinky house, you can put them to use in broth to boil your pasta. This will boost the ocean flavors of your pasta.

Easy Lemony Butter Shrimp Pasta
  • 1 Lb of shrimp
  • 2 Tablespoon of Butter ( I used vegetable butter)
  • Salt/Pepper as desired
  • 1 Lemon, Zest and Juice
  • 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 1 Lb of Pasta (Cook pasta according to the instruction on product packaging) . I used Organic Udon Noodle
  • 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
  1. Marinate the shrimp with salt and pepper, Lemon (zest and juice) and minced garlic in a small bow. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, add 5 quarts of water in a small pot then add the shrimp shells. Bring to boil for at least 5 minutes. Once water is boiling, then add about 2 tbsp. of coarse salt. Strain the broth , discard cooked shrimp shells
  3. Add pasta in a small pot and cook according to the packaging.
  4. Heat up olive oil in a pan. Cook marinated shrimp until it turns pink for about 3 minutes. Pour the remaining lemon juice, garlic cloves and butter. Stir until the butter has melted for about 1 minute.
  5. Serve lemon garlic shrimp on pasta. Stir and add salt/pepper according to your preferences.

• Reply Mykidsguide Aug 25, 2015 at 8:11 am

Mm, that looks so good! I am craving for a light pasta now and I think this is going to be perfect.

• Reply Jeanette Aug 25, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I am not a seafood person myself, but I live with a bunch of sea food lovers and I know they would love this! I will share this with them!

• Reply Alli Aug 25, 2015 at 2:12 pm

My husband would love this because he eats shrimp every chance he gets. I’ve seen the shells boiled to make stock, but I’ve never done it myself. Thanks for the tip.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Aug 25, 2015 at 2:47 pm

You got me drooling on the shrimp, looks so delicious! This is the kind of dish that my daughter truly enjoy, thanks for the recipe.

• Reply Jo Aug 25, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Wow. I love shrimp! This looks like a simple recipe but I am on a dairy-free diet. Is there a substitute to the butter? Also, can I use another kind of pasta? I haven’t tried using udon. Oh, and I have to check if it’s dairy-free too. LOL. I guess I’d be trying lots of food again after a few months. Whew!

• Reply poshjournaladmin Aug 25, 2015 at 6:25 pm

maybe skip the butter. Still taste delicious :)

• Reply Jesica Helgren (@themommybunch) Aug 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I am not a huge fan of shrimp, but my husband loves it! This looks like a really simply and yummy dish to spoil him with!

• Reply lisa Aug 25, 2015 at 4:28 pm

This looks so delicious. I love both shrimp and pasta. This would make a great dinner option.

• Reply lisa @bitesforbabies Aug 25, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I love a simple pasta and I love shrimp! I make this very often actually, and my kids love it too! I also add in some fresh basil for more flavour!

• Reply Liz Mays Aug 25, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Oh my son would love this dish. That lemon would really make this a good summer dish.

• Reply Dawn McAlexander Aug 25, 2015 at 9:18 pm

I have been eating a lot of shrimp lately! It is always better with butter and lemon.

• Reply angelaweight Aug 26, 2015 at 12:50 am

YUM! This looks super good. And easy too! I LOVE shrimp.

• Reply Felicita Moncada Aug 26, 2015 at 1:32 am

If I ate shrimps I would be all over this. My son and husband looove shrimps so I am definitely sharing with him so he can make it for our son.

• Reply Mimi "MimiCuteLips" Green Aug 26, 2015 at 2:22 am

This sounds really good, I’m going to try this one. I love shrimp and pasta, you can never go wrong. I’ve not made it with lemon though.

• Reply michele d Aug 26, 2015 at 1:25 pm

My mom would love this dish. She loves shrimp. I am not a fan of it but it looks wonderful!

• Reply livingoffloveandcoffee Aug 26, 2015 at 3:35 pm

That sounds so delicious. I love shrimp with lemon so this would be great for dinner.

• Reply Nickida Aug 26, 2015 at 7:13 pm

This looks really good. I’ll have to save this for later.

• Reply Ann Bacciaglia Aug 26, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I will have to get the ingredients i need to make this delicious looking recipe. My family will love it.

• Reply Uplifting Families Aug 26, 2015 at 9:19 pm

This sounds delicious. I would give this one a try but I don’t think my husband would enjoy it. He isn’t a huge fan of veggies.

• Reply Yona Williams Aug 28, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I love the flavors of lemon and butter with shrimp. I’m just too nervous to make it myself. Seafood and I have a love-hate relationship.