Easy Lemony Butter Shrimp Pasta
This is probably one of our favorite meals during the busy work week. So simple, affordable and delicious. Just a quick tip when buying shrimp: be sure to buy the most sustainable shrimp and look for certifications. STAY AWAY from shrimp that has been peeled and deveined before freezing. It can cause a loss of flavor and texture. What’s the point of buying shrimp if we can’t taste it, right?
Instead of throwing away the shrimp shells and cause a smelly/stinky house, you can put them to use in broth to boil your pasta. This will boost the ocean flavors of your pasta.
- 1 Lb of shrimp
- 2 Tablespoon of Butter ( I used vegetable butter)
- Salt/Pepper as desired
- 1 Lemon, Zest and Juice
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lb of Pasta (Cook pasta according to the instruction on product packaging) . I used Organic Udon Noodle
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Marinate the shrimp with salt and pepper, Lemon (zest and juice) and minced garlic in a small bow. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 5 quarts of water in a small pot then add the shrimp shells. Bring to boil for at least 5 minutes. Once water is boiling, then add about 2 tbsp. of coarse salt. Strain the broth , discard cooked shrimp shells
- Add pasta in a small pot and cook according to the packaging.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan. Cook marinated shrimp until it turns pink for about 3 minutes. Pour the remaining lemon juice, garlic cloves and butter. Stir until the butter has melted for about 1 minute.
- Serve lemon garlic shrimp on pasta. Stir and add salt/pepper according to your preferences.