o Madagascar Forest –  Madagascar’s forests are among the world’s most distinctive, with dramatic limestone formations and spiny-dry forest plants. This is home to species found nowhere else on Earth, including the extraordinary tree-leaping lemurs. I have heard that Madagascar has the most amazing wildlife on the planet.

o West African Forest – The dense, tropical forests of western Africa get up to 80 inches of rain each year, creating waterfalls, streams, and pools for fish and the dwarf crocodiles that eat them. Crocs are one animal that my kids want to see more of at the Zoo, I know they’ll want to come to this exhibit on day-one!

Support San Diego Zoo Global’s efforts to protect and grow species populations of animals, such as our work with African penguins!

Rika Livingston is a multinational food and lifestyle blogger, who incorporates ideas and ingredients from around the globe into her healthy cooking. Her award-winning blog blends conceptual photography with the useful information and reviews her readers crave. Rika translates her passion for food, travel, and fashion into gorgeous moments, helping her followers find the good life.

You may also like

15 comments

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Jul 5, 2017 - 8:39 am

That sounds like a great exhibit! I’d love to take the kids there. We love the zoo.

Marysa Jul 5, 2017 - 10:02 am

I would love to visit the San Diego Zoo with my family. Looks like such a great place, with a lot to explore. My kids would have such a blast checking out this exhibit and the others too.

candy Jul 5, 2017 - 11:29 am

Oh man my daughter just moved from there. We use to go the the zoo all the time. Would have loved to see the cute penguins.

Joely Smith Jul 5, 2017 - 1:29 pm

I would love to visit the San Diego Zoo! I have heard so many wonderful things about this place since I was a child! My son and I adore penguins and I would love to see all the old and new habitats!

Heather Jul 5, 2017 - 1:59 pm

My best friend lives in San Diego. I need to get my tush over there and see all of this cuteness!

Eloise Jul 5, 2017 - 3:23 pm

my kids LOVE the penguin exhibit at the MN Zoo… they’re fun to watch and they’re social as they pay attention to the people watching ; ) glad the San Diego Zoo has incorporated this into their zoo.

Jeni Jul 5, 2017 - 3:54 pm

The San Diego zoo is definitely on my bucket list. I have heard so many amazing things about it.

Adaleta Jul 5, 2017 - 7:25 pm

Wow this is so cool!! I love penguins!

Shannon Gurnee Jul 6, 2017 - 1:11 pm

We went to the San Diego Zoo in December and it was awesome! This sounds like a great exhibit they’ll be opening up! I would love to check it out with my family.

wicklessusa Jul 6, 2017 - 2:00 pm

i’ve heard so many great things about the San Diego zoo its reputation precedes it. I was surprised at the Penguins and the sharks can live together, that’s pretty neat.

sara Jul 7, 2017 - 4:09 am

What an amazing exhibit! The animals are all so cute. My kids would love to visit one day soon. Thank you for sharing this wonderful family friendly spot.

Terri Beavers Jul 7, 2017 - 4:41 am

Zoo’s are a great way to teach the kids about other animals that we don’t have around here. A friend of mine went on vacation in SD and she really bragged about the San Diego zoo.

Carol Cassara Jul 7, 2017 - 8:35 am

I think this is such a fun place for the kids! It’s always nice to allow them to get to know the animals and see them up close. I appreciate you sharing these activities!

Oyinkan Ogunleye Jul 7, 2017 - 2:16 pm

I don’t know much about San Diego but I haven’t been to a zoo since I was a kid. I used to have so much fun! LOL

natalie z Jul 7, 2017 - 7:30 pm

We love going to the zoo! While I have been to the san diego zoo, I can’t wait to take my boys. This looks like a great addition!