Best Chicken Salad Recipe with Creamy Peanut Butter Salad Dressing
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup of shredded fresh lettuce
- 1 cup of shredded mixed green and red cabbage
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded Napa cabbage
- Creamy Peanut Butter Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter unsalted
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup hot water
- For chicken :
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- slices lemon
Place all mixed vegetables in a bowl
For peanut butter dressing, in a large bowl mix the peanut butter, red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, lime juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, ginger, honey, toasted sesame oil and gradually whisk in water until dressing reaches the perfect consistency.
For chicken : Rinse fresh chicken under cool water. Pat dry with paper towels.
Place chicken and salt in a bowl. Rub salt into chicken. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Place chicken in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over water.
Bring water to a boil add lemon slices and steam chicken until juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
Mix salad dressing into bowl with vegetables and chicken. Serve.