@BestBuy She Shed Ideas Using Technology #SheShed #ad

Turn ugly cables into art She Shed

Man cave.  Even though I’m a woman I admit it’s a pretty cool idea and even fun to say.  Plus I like the idea of my husband going somewhere close for a few hours at a time to get his fix of what he calls his “happy-fun-time activities” (mostly stuff suited for a kid like fantasy football and video games).  Come on though, in today’s day and age we women need our own equivalent getaway place right at home for those “serenity now” moments that come about (constantly).  In my biased opinion we are more deserving of this than the men, as much of our days are consumed in helping everybody else and sometimes not even once thinking about our own needs.  It’s a good thing that there is the female equivalent of the man cave called the “she shed”.  It’s the perfect retreat for necessary alone-time (or a place to chill with female friends).  Look at the before and after transformation of a shed in this picture:

The ‘before’ picture looks like a standard shed that you’ll find in millions of backyards, I’ve seen so many of these over the years.  The ‘after’ picture shows an immaculate destination that just draws me in!  It’s the perfect place upon which I could do art, yoga, or just sip coffee and catch up on a book.  The layout, openness and décor are inviting and inspiring.

One thing that I love about this article is how they transformed some ugly cables into a piece of art that actually became a centerpiece of the she-shed:

She Shed

Imagine that!  They did a nice job creating a bull, I am thinking for my she shed I would have either a flower or a skyline of tall buildings (which sounds tough but actually might not be that bad as I could create it with one long continuous cord.

I have spent a lot of effort in different rooms of the house hiding these cables under furniture or color-matched cable protectors to walls and floors. I just labeled them as unsightly and it never even occurred to me to TRY to make them visible.  From computer cables to tv wiring and everything in between this has been a battle that I’ve had to take on many times and I’m really excited about this paradigm shift of design.

Check out the rest of the article from Best Buy on she sheds.  They have some great tips and pictures on creating a she shed, and provide really cool ideas on how to make it quite a tech-friendly so it can give even more backyard bliss!

Disclaimer:  The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free

• Reply Cynthia @craftoflaughter Sep 11, 2015 at 1:34 pm

What a fun thing to do with all those ugly cords! It could be wrapped with Christmas lights to even add some sparkle to the shed. My hubby’s man cave is a wood shop, LOL

• Reply Felicita Moncada Sep 12, 2015 at 12:27 am

I cannot stand those cords. They are everywhere in my house since we have so many systems in our living room that its impossible to hiding all the cords. I think this is so creative and a great solution!

• Reply Vera sweeney Sep 12, 2015 at 12:40 am

I never would have thought to do this with cords before! What a great way to take something that can be a safety hazard into an artwork. They make it look so easy to do in the video!

• Reply Kelana by Kayla Sep 12, 2015 at 2:10 am

Wow this is cool! Innovation and creativity at its finest! I also adore your lounge chair and lamp! Where are they from 🙂

• Reply Ourfamilyworld Sep 12, 2015 at 7:48 am

What a brilliant idea! I never would have thought of doing this to those tangled cords. This is such a creative way to organize them. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea. I will definitely be doing this.

• Reply Mercedes Sep 12, 2015 at 12:47 pm

I hate unsightly cords, what a great idea. I love the idea of a she shed, I need a place to escape to.

• Reply Kathy Ngo Sep 13, 2015 at 6:01 am

The design of the bull is really nice. I’d want it in a rainbow though. Hahaha but I gather your man cave wouldn’t look manly with a rainbow.

• Reply Robin Rue (@massholemommy) Sep 13, 2015 at 10:57 am

Oh totally – why should guys get all the fun? I want a she shed. Our stepson just moved out of the room in our finished basement because he went to college and we were thinking about turning it into a game room.

• Reply Mykidsguide Sep 13, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Those cords aren’t only unsightly, but they cause accidents, too. This is such a great idea to keep them organized.

• Reply Lori Bosworth Sep 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm

She Shed…what a great idea! I also love the artful design made from those ugly cables…how creative!

• Reply Joely Smith Sep 13, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Love it! I have already been planning mine before seeing this but you gave me some great ideas and I am checking out the info on Best Buy too! I have the shed just need to do a little work on it to make it adaptable to my needs.

• Reply Debbie Denny Sep 14, 2015 at 12:08 am

I think we all need a she shed. Cool idea. That bull is neat.

• Reply Shann Eva Sep 14, 2015 at 12:16 am

Wow. I didn’t even realize those were cords at first. I love it! Plus, I need a she shed!

• Reply Claudette Esterine Sep 14, 2015 at 12:42 am

As a single woman, my living room is my she shed! LOL

• Reply Lena Sep 14, 2015 at 4:22 am

I need one of those. In the world where I can’t go to the bathroom without somebody calling me continuously, I need some good place to hide. This place looks super amazing though

• Reply aditi Sep 14, 2015 at 4:41 am

Oh wow, these look amazinh Rika!! Love the white you write as well.

• Reply Elizabeth O. Sep 14, 2015 at 7:50 am

This is an otherwise unique approach from your usual mess of cables. It looks very artistic!

• Reply Jaclyn Anne Sep 14, 2015 at 11:39 am

I would love a “she shed” – I suppose my home office is sort of like my “she shed” so maybe I just need to make this room girlier and more of my style!

• Reply Liz Sep 14, 2015 at 1:50 pm

So cool!! I love that idea with the bull! I want a ‘she shed’!!

• Reply MsCrookedHalo Sep 14, 2015 at 2:55 pm

I have heard of a Mom Cave before but this is my first time hearing it called a she shed. Lol. Everyone needs a place where they can retreat from the world and decompress.

• Reply JessicaACassidy (@wifetoalineman) Sep 14, 2015 at 3:09 pm

that looks so cool and creative, gotta check that out in BestBuy

• Reply CouponDivaDesirae Sep 14, 2015 at 3:59 pm

How awesome is that? I would have never thought to do that with ugly cords. Genius I tell you 🙂 By the way, love that you call it a she shed!

• Reply Liz Mays Sep 14, 2015 at 7:56 pm

I would love a quiet place to escape like that designed just for me. Neat idea and I love the cord art!

• Reply Notorious Spinks Sep 15, 2015 at 6:02 pm

That looks neat. I’ll be moving soon and will def have a girl cave where I sit back, relax, drink my wine and read the day away. There is nothing like you own space. Nothing.

• Reply Melissa Sep 15, 2015 at 9:35 pm

It is so cool to do something with all those cords in your house. I have plenty of cords in my house that need some help!

• Reply msposh2013 Sep 15, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Those cables can really get in the way. I am glad to see such a great idea for them

• Reply tara pittman Sep 15, 2015 at 9:43 pm

I like this idea. My backyard has too many bugs to do this though

• Reply Dogvills Sep 16, 2015 at 9:37 am

I hate it when cords are disorganized and tangled. I love the idea of arranging them like that.

• Reply RonRon Sep 16, 2015 at 11:46 am

Awesome idea. Love this artistic stuff.

• Reply Rocio Chavez (@yoursassyself) Sep 16, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Well aren’t you awesome! Such a creative cool way to get rid of all those unsightly chords. 😀

• Reply rebekah Sep 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm

At first I honestly thought the idea of a she shed was kind of crazy, but the more and more I dream about the idea of having a little escape all for myself, the more I think I NEED one. 🙂

• Reply Jasmine Espinal Sep 16, 2015 at 6:52 pm

What a great idea!!

• Reply VICTORIA Sep 17, 2015 at 6:24 am

Love the idea, but heres is another idea worth pondering… what happens when you decided to move the map? haha. Still a great stylish way to organize those messy cable clutter.

• Reply Jonathan Key Sep 17, 2015 at 11:31 am

What a fun idea! Great way to organize the cable clutter. We have a ton of cords in our house.

• Reply sacha Sep 21, 2015 at 10:03 pm

I love this is so simple and elegant thanks for sharing

• Reply Kiwi Sep 22, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I keep hearing about the new trend of She Sheds! Yes is man caves the men can have but we deserve our She Sheds! When I move I am definitely going to have my she shed set up!