Try this delicious Mâché Salad with Blueberry Salad Dressing Recipe. Mâché is known as corn salad and lamb’s lettuce. It’s an edible leaf vegetables with soft texture and has a nut-like flavor. I usually make a very simple Mâché Salad with avocado and balsamic vinaigrette. Today however I decided to try something new and use organic frozen blueberries for a summer/spring themed salad.
I roasted the sweet potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes, then drizzled them with organic coconut oil by Nutiva. You’ll probably notice that I used 3 different kinds of oil for the dressing. Feel free to substitute with only olive oil if that’s the only thing available in your pantry 😉 . I hope you will like the recipe and feel free to use more or less ingredients
- For Salad Mix :
- 2 cups of Fresh Mache You can purchase at Trader's Joe or Jimbo's
- 2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons of Pecan or your favorite nuts
- 2 Tablespoons of Shredded Carrots
- Fresh Dill
- For Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 1/2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil for for drizzling potatoes after cooked
- For Blueberry Salad Dressing :
- 1/4 Cup of Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple / Agave Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of Organic Coconut Sugar NUTIVA
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roast sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes in oven or until tender. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a plate and drizzle with coconut oil.
For dressing : In a small bowl, mix all salad dressing ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Toss salad mix in a serving bowl or plate. Add dressing. Serve and Enjoy.