This nutritious morning meal is quick to prepare. Breakfast egg with Mixed Green Salad, fresh blackberries and lemon salad dressing. Enjoy them at home or on the go.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups Microgreens
- 1 cup Baby Red Chard
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1 cup Canned Red Beans quickly wash to remove salt residue
- 1 cup Fresh Blackberries or any berries of your choice
- 1 whole medium Acorn Squash sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ⅓ teaspoon of Salt
- A pinch of ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- teaspoon Note : You may also use ½ ground lemon pepper . Product recommendation : Ground Lemon Pepper from Trader's Joe. no salt and no sugar
- 2 fresh eggs
- Lemon Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon grated Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- A pinch of ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, place sliced acorn squash and rub with salt, black pepper, lemon zest and olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium high then place the squash on the grill. Cook the squash until it softens and shows slightly darker color..
- To cook a sunny side up egg : Crack the egg into a small bowl, and in a nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat, spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray and gently pour in the egg.
- Cook until the white is opaque and the yolk has set for about 1-2 minutes.
- For salad dressing : In a small bowl, whisk all salad dressing ingredients until well blended and dissolved.
- On a salad plate, arrange and mix micro greens, baby red chard, cilantro, red beans, blueberries, acorn squash and sunny side up egg. Drizzle with salad dressing.