This nutritious morning meal is quick to prepare. Breakfast egg with Mixed Green Salad, fresh blackberries and lemon salad dressing. Enjoy them at home or on the go.
Breakfast egg with Mixed Green SaladPrint Pin Rate
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups Microgreens
- 1 cup Baby Red Chard
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1 cup Canned Red Beans quickly wash to remove salt residue
- 1 cup Fresh Blackberries or any berries of your choice
- 1 whole medium Acorn Squash sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/3 teaspoon of Salt
- A pinch of ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- teaspoon Note : You may also use 1/2 ground lemon pepper . Product recommendation : Ground Lemon Pepper from Trader's Joe. no salt and no sugar
- 2 fresh eggs
- Lemon Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- A pinch of ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, place sliced acorn squash and rub with salt, black pepper, lemon zest and olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium high then place the squash on the grill. Cook the squash until it softens and shows slightly darker color..
- To cook a sunny side up egg : Crack the egg into a small bowl, and in a nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat, spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray and gently pour in the egg.
- Cook until the white is opaque and the yolk has set for about 1-2 minutes.
- For salad dressing : In a small bowl, whisk all salad dressing ingredients until well blended and dissolved.
- On a salad plate, arrange and mix micro greens, baby red chard, cilantro, red beans, blueberries, acorn squash and sunny side up egg. Drizzle with salad dressing.