Cajun Egg Black Bean Rice Skillet

Cajun Egg Black Bean Rice Skillet

This Cajun Egg Black Bean Rice Skillet has amazing ingredients and a moderate kick.  The cajun flavors take me to the deep south, yet the rice and black beans remind me of the Southwest.    I loaded it up with veggies and each bite of this dish is as rich in taste as it is in color.  The cajun creole seasoning soaks up well, especially with the egg and rice.  Skillets tend to have hearty ingredients that will keep your belly full for hours.  This one follows suit, yet each ingredient is very healthy.

Cajun Egg Black Beans and Rice Skillet
Course: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Protein, Vegetables
Author: Posh Journal
Ingredients
  • 1 Can of Cooked Black Beans ( Unsalted or Low Sodium Wash and Drain)
  • 1 Cup of Julienne Red Bell Pepper
  • 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley or other vegetables of your choice
  • Smoked Paprika
  • Fresh Tomatoes
Instructions
  1. Place black beans rice, onion, bell peppers, garlic cloves, tomatoes into a skillet , drizzle with olive oil. Add Salt/Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes and Cajun Creole according to taste.
  2. Cook in the over at 375F until the vegetables are lightly browned ( about 10 - 15 minutes).
  3. Pull the skillet out from the oven and use a fork to make room for eggs. Crack each egg into the skillet and add fresh parsley
  4. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the yolks and whites are cooked to your preference
  5. Sprinkle with Smoked Paprika

Danielle @ So Munch Love
    Aug 10, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Oh my goodness– this looks so good! I could imagine it being spicy and satisfying. I love Southwest and Cajun food, so this sounds like it would really hit the spot. Thanks for sharing!

Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    Aug 10, 2015 at 3:46 pm

That sounds delightful! I love lighter meals like this and will definitley be trying this one.

Jeanette
    Aug 10, 2015 at 3:52 pm

This looks amazing. Getting something that tastes good and is on the lighter side is not always easy. Looks like you got it down! I will have to check out more of your recipes!

Dawn McAlexander
    Aug 10, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I have to be honest ans say that this is a winning recipe to me. I love recipes with a little bit of a kick to them. This recipe combines a lot of the foods that I love in one place. I will have to check it out.

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle
    Aug 10, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Yummo! I would make this for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. It looks spectacular.

Megan Elford
    Aug 10, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I love all of the fresh ingredients you’ve used, and all in one place! This would be perfect for dinner tonight, for sure!

Joseph
    Aug 10, 2015 at 8:45 pm

This Cajun Egg Black Bean Rice Skillet recipe looks so amazing. I think I want to make this dish this weekend! I love all the ingredients that are listed.

1heart1family
    Aug 10, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Delicious! My kids are huge fans of breakfast for dinner. I love the addition of the spice and protein. I can’t wait to try it!

Diana Villa
    Aug 10, 2015 at 10:44 pm

That dish looks fantastic, I can’t wait to try your recipe. Thanks! 😀

Liz Mays
    Aug 11, 2015 at 12:51 am

I need to start cooking more meals like this. That looks amazing and I’d love all of the veggies!

Alli
    Aug 11, 2015 at 1:16 am

What a beautiful dish! I like that it’s made in one skillet and my family would really like this, regardless of how it’s made. Amazing!

aordinarylife
    Aug 11, 2015 at 1:17 am

This sounds and looks very yum. I enjoy peppers.

Shelley Zurek
    Aug 11, 2015 at 3:56 am

The peppers just add wonderful color! Such a joy to eat too I am sure.

Joanne T Ferguson
    Aug 11, 2015 at 5:50 am

What a delicious looking recipe! Your photo is mouth watering to me and I now have this on the list to do!

Annemarie LeBlanc
    Aug 11, 2015 at 8:47 am

The dish looks amazing! I would probably taste heavenly with all those peppers and cajun seasoning. Thanks for the recipe!

ascendingbutterfly
    Aug 11, 2015 at 9:28 am

It’s 5:30 am here so I am thinking I am going to want this for breakfast this morning instead of my usual smoothie! It’s going to be a rainy day today here so this kind of comfort food is just what the doctor ordered!

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

Chubskulit Rose
    Aug 11, 2015 at 11:51 am

This looks amazing! I love the fact that it has rice, it’s a staple that I can’t live without (lol). I’f love to make this!

Lynndee
    Aug 11, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I am not a fan of spicy food, but knowing that it has rice, I have this urge to try it. Maybe I’ll just omit the cajun seasoning? 🙂

Nina Say
    Aug 11, 2015 at 5:20 pm

A cast iron skillet makes an already gorgeous dish (which this is) even more breathtaking. I can’t wait to give this a try.

mykidsguide
    Aug 11, 2015 at 5:57 pm

I love veggies and this looks absolutely delicious. I am always looking for ways to serve veggies. Ican’t wait to try this.

Michelle Varga (@dustbunniesblog)
    Aug 11, 2015 at 6:25 pm

This sounds like such a delicious recipe and I would love to try it! Thanks so much for sharing.

Rose
    Aug 11, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Yep that looks perfect for a brunch day. Or a people over day. 🙂

The Trophy WifeStyle
    Aug 11, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Omg this skillet looks all sorts of deliciousness!!! It would make a great brunch since we are total Brunch people in this house!

Rebecca Swenor
    Aug 11, 2015 at 9:29 pm

This Cajun Egg Black Bean and Rice Skillet dish sounds so good. I love spicy food and would so love to try this dish. Thanks so much for sharing it looks so delicious.

yumeating
    Aug 12, 2015 at 1:01 am

It has eggs and its cooked in a cast iron skillet. I am all over this. Loving all the flavor combo’s too. Cajun styles are some of my favorites.

HilLesha
    Aug 12, 2015 at 4:27 am

How delicious! This would be perfect for breakfast, but then again, I’m one of those people that enjoy breakfast foods anytime during the day. 🙂

Krystal
    Aug 12, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I love cooking meals in skillets. It’s so easy to do one pot meals. I would love to make this one!

upliftingfam
    Aug 12, 2015 at 5:49 pm

This looks good. I like that it is a one pot meal too. I don’t like a bunch of dirty dishes in order to make a meal.

Erin
    Aug 12, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Be still my beating heart. This looks amazing! And all in one pot? Amazing!

Mimi "MimiCuteLips" Green
    Aug 13, 2015 at 4:51 am

I’ve never hard of this but man it sounds so good. I’m always on the hunt for something new and this will be it.

Winter White
    Aug 13, 2015 at 5:42 pm

This looks so delicious! Seriously, everything you make just looks beautiful.Off topic question- what background do you use for your photos?

katehardin
    Aug 14, 2015 at 1:27 am

This look so yummy and the picture of your food is awesome! Your stuff could easily be featured in a magazine.