This Cajun Egg Black Bean Rice Skillet has amazing ingredients and a moderate kick. The cajun flavors take me to the deep south, yet the rice and black beans remind me of the Southwest. I loaded it up with veggies and each bite of this dish is as rich in taste as it is in color. The cajun creole seasoning soaks up well, especially with the egg and rice. Skillets tend to have hearty ingredients that will keep your belly full for hours. This one follows suit, yet each ingredient is very healthy.
- 1 Can of Cooked Black Beans ( Unsalted or Low Sodium Wash and Drain)
- 1 Cup of Julienne Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup of Julienne Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup of Julienne Orange Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Onion Yellow or Red Onion
- 1 Cup of Cooked Rice
- 2 Tablespoons of Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup of vegetable broth/chicken broth
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoon of Cajun Creole Seasoning Unsalted
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley or other vegetables of your choice
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Place black beans rice, onion, bell peppers, garlic cloves, tomatoes into a skillet , drizzle with olive oil. Add Salt/Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes and Cajun Creole according to taste.
- Cook in the over at 375F until the vegetables are lightly browned ( about 10 - 15 minutes).
- Pull the skillet out from the oven and use a fork to make room for eggs. Crack each egg into the skillet and add fresh parsley
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until the yolks and whites are cooked to your preference
- Sprinkle with Smoked Paprika