This Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe is so flavorful and juicy. It only requires a 20 minute marinating time. The lime and lemon zest give the perfect fragrance and balance to its sweetness.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 bunch scallions
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 6 pieces dried prunes unsweetened
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients besides the chicken in a blender or food processor until pureed.
- Set aside ¼ cup of marinade for later.
- Place majority of this marinade in a large ziplock bag with the chicken thighs and marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (overnight if possible).
- Preheat broiler and place the chicken thighs, skin-side down on a baking sheet
- Broil chicken until lightly browned and inside is fully cooked. A good sign is when thermometer registers 165F on the thickest part of thighs.
- Serve with chopped parsley and reserved marinade.
Inspired by Epicurious