This Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe is so flavorful and juicy. It only requires a 20 minute marinating time. The lime and lemon zest give the perfect fragrance and balance to its sweetness.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 bunch scallions
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 6 pieces dried prunes, unsweetened
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients besides the chicken in a blender or food processor until pureed.
- Set aside ¼ cup of marinade for later.
- Place majority of this marinade in a large ziplock bag with the chicken thighs and marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes (overnight if possible).
- Preheat broiler and place the chicken thighs, skin-side down on a baking sheet
- Broil chicken until lightly browned and inside is fully cooked. A good sign is when thermometer registers 165F on the thickest part of thighs.
- Serve with chopped parsley and reserved marinade.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Inspired by Epicurious
This marinade sounds seriously tasty! I am always looking for new chicken ideas, thanks for sharing!
I do love cooking chicken thighs too, they are juicer and tastier even than chicken breast. The cilantro and lime combination can only be a winner. Super tasty!
Agree 🙂 I can eat chicken thighs everyday
YUM!!! I could sit down to this meal every day of the week 🙂
woow love how this looks, amazing photos and great recipe !
Thank you so much Anita
Oh I love chicken thighs, they are my favourite cut. And this marinade looks amazing, I'll definitely have to give it a go 🙂
I agree with you.. I love chicken thighs