Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper #PickYourPepper

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper at Walmart

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. The opinions and text are all mine. #PickYourPepper #Walmart. Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper. Tis the season to party!  I can’t tell you how excited I am that summer is here.  For me, summer officially kicks off when the kids get through their last day of school.  Although they’ll have some summer camps and activities going on, it’s all at a much more laid back pace.  I am so looking forward to not having to cram everything into the two days on the weekend, which frees us up for barbecues, pool parties and visits to the beach.

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper at Walmart

I’m fortunate to live in the city of San Diego, which has some great beaches and nice weather.  Each year the California coast seems to get a little more crowded, but as locals, we know the spots off the beaten path.  We’ll square off our area at about 9 AM and sometimes be there until sunset, and even later if there’s a firepit nearby.

There are a handful of essentials for these beach excursions.  Sunscreen (and lots of it) and some shade, like a big canopy tent, is mandatory.  My husband is fair skinned and will burn up in 20 minutes, so it’s a constant battle to keep him covered and in the shade!  Entertainment is another thing that our group plans out for our fun time with friends parties at the beach.  While it’s probably cooler to surf my husband and his buddies do more of the body boarding.  A good speaker doesn’t hurt to pass the time, and another couple we know always brings the competitive games like horseshoes and corn hole to pass the time (and to get some friendly smack talking going).  When I was a bit younger I’d be totally content to bring a towel and just lay down for the day, gazing up at the sky.  I still do that for an hour or so, but now switch over to my trusty beach chair that I bring each and every time.

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper at Walmart

How I Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper:

Food and drinks are usually my responsibility, which I’m sure come as no surprise.  Snack foods seem to dominate the menu for the day, but a good protein is always in order, too.  Dr Pepper is the perfect summertime drink, it’s absolutely refreshing and couldn’t taste any better, especially during these hot summer months!  The cool taste against my lips peps me up. I can recall back to when I tried Dr Pepper for the first time, and have now been drinking it for many years.  When I bring Dr Pepper it’s always the first to go, so I’ve learned to bring more of that than the other drinks. Walmart is a great one-stop shop for anything and everything and is where I also pick up Dr Pepper.  Be on the lookout for the Pick Your Pepper packaging from Dr Pepper that’s coming on 6/15/17.  It will definitely stand out, as it’s developed by and for millennials.

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper at Walmart

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper.

It’s an especially great time to buy Dr Pepper this summer at Walmart, specifically between 6/15 and 8/15, as you can easily upload your receipt at http://bit.ly/2pts8Qo and get a cool prize.  Here I have a unicorn beverage holder which is quite awesome.  She’s great at keeping a beverage afloat in the pool, and for floating one over to a pal.  Here are other cool prizes:

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper at Walmart

Create Summer Fun with Dr Pepper at Walmart

Check out the website for more details.  This summer make some time with friends and let the good times roll… we deserve it! So how do you create summer fun with Dr Pepper?

robin rue
    Jun 21, 2017 at 3:13 am

My husband loves Dr. Pepper. Whenever we go out, that is almost always what he orders.

Alli Smith
    Jun 21, 2017 at 4:17 am

Spending time at the beach is my favorite summer activity. That beverage holder is just too cute and all the different prizes you can win are great too.

Christy Maurer
    Jun 21, 2017 at 6:59 am

My son loves Dr. Pepper. I’d take some on a road trip for him to make summer fun.

Neha Saini
    Jun 21, 2017 at 9:35 am

This is the only soda I will drink. I will come home pop some in freezer. Just before it’s completely frozen kind of slushy stage I will pour into a cup. Makes a great slushy. I will drink this cold with or without ice. Comes in many sizes and can be purchased anywhere. I am going to be heartbroken when Coca-Cola stops producing it next year. It’s always sold out so I have to stock up when we find it.

Pam Wattenbarger
    Jun 21, 2017 at 10:52 am

That unicorn beverage holder float is too cute. My son really likes Dr. Pepper. It used to be the only soda he would drink.

Lisa
    Jun 21, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Dr. Pepper, the beach and a tiny unicorn, doesn’t get better than that. We love to make Dr Pepper slushes and floats during the summer!

Sarah Bailey
    Jun 21, 2017 at 1:10 pm

My other half loves Dr Pepper, so he is all for any sort over the summer. I love your can holder as well, that is amazing!

Jenn @ EngineerMommy
    Jun 21, 2017 at 2:50 pm

We love the taste and convenience of Dr pepper cans. We always stock up on them when we are out shopping.

Claudia Krusch
    Jun 21, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Fruit and cheese is a great snack. We love to go for picnics when the weather is warm. Dr Pepper is my go to soda. It is great to cook with as well.

Mary Edwards
    Jun 21, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Im a huge Dr. Pepper fan. Dang I’d give anything to be sitting on the beaches of San Diego with a cold Dr. P in hand

Maurene Cab
    Jun 21, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Yep! It’s summer and hitting the sand can be very exhausting. Having a Dr. Pepper beside us would make life easier.

valmg @ Mom Knows It All
    Jun 21, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Cherry Dr Pepper is my oldest son’s favorite so we almost always have some. That unicorn beverage float is too cute!

Rebecca Swenor
    Jun 22, 2017 at 2:56 am

Picnics are my favorite thing to do in the summer especially on the beach. I love this little unicorn drink holder so I will be sure to be on the look out for the Pick Your Pepper packaging from Dr Pepper. Thanks for sharing the information.

Chubskulit Rose
    Jun 22, 2017 at 5:26 am

My son love Dr. Pepper, he would be thrilled if I make a set up like this for him. Those fruits makes my stomach growl lol.

kiwi
    Jun 22, 2017 at 8:52 am

I just want to say how beautiful these photos are. i am inspired to have a fruit spread by the beach now!

Kita Bryant
    Jun 22, 2017 at 10:38 am

Dr. Pepper is a must in this family! It definitely is one of our favorite parts about summer break.

Amanda
    Jun 22, 2017 at 12:16 pm

We don’t drink very much soda in our house, but I feel like a Dr. Pepper slushie would be absolutely delicious during this current heat wave. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jilly Spellman
    Jun 22, 2017 at 8:49 pm

I don’t drink soda very often anymore. When I do though Dr Pepper is one of my choices.

Anosa
    Jun 24, 2017 at 2:48 am

That has to be the most fancy plate of snacks I have ever seen on a beach lol We normally just go for an ice cream and eat afterwards. It looks lovely and I like how you have written this piece