If you are looking for a not-so-boring chicken breast recipe, look no further and try this Crispy Chicken Breast with Creamy Artichoke Sauce recipe. It’s time to step out from sticking to your usual recipes with a little help from Reese Specialty Foods. This delicious and juicy chicken breast recipe is served with a creamy artichoke and caper sauce.
Chicken breasts are an easy go-to for cooking, but the results don’t always pan out. The chicken dish can be boring, flavorless or easily overcooked.
My chicken katsu recipe is one of the most viewed chicken recipes on my blog. It’s one of my family’s comfort foods and is so affordable and easy to make. Reese challenged me to create a recipe by simply swapping out ingredients in my favorite dishes, so I could experience a whole new flavor without having to create a recipe from scratch. So, I decided to upgrade my favorite chicken katsu into something more restaurant style: Crispy Chicken Breast with Creamy Artichoke Sauce.
Using the same cooking technique on chicken breasts, I want to give my routine dinners an upgrade with this delicious simple sauce recipe. A great sauce will add flavor a many variety of meals and can completely transform a dish. This special sauce is made of a combination of buttermilk, chicken stock, crème fraiche, garlic, horseradish, mayonnaise, Reese artichokes and Reese capers. This whole chicken dish recipe can be ready within 30 minutes. The Crispy Chicken Breast with Creamy Artichoke Sauce recipe packs in a lot of protein and is very flavorful, perfect for healthy eaters.
To cook tender and moist chicken breasts every time, I always make sure to flatten the meat by pounding to an even thickness. I also season with a light amount of salt and pepper on each side before cooking.
I think of capers and artichokes as two of my secret weapon ingredients. From pizzas to paninis or finger foods to salads, capers and artichokes can add that “wow” factor and make a dish stand out. I still remember the first time I ate an omelet with capers in it, what a taste! Same goes for the first time I had spaghetti with artichokes. Reese is a go-to brand for these and other items and have been an immense help in me finding the flavors that I’m after with my cooking.
Save on Reese Specialty Foods products when you use your Ibotta app today!
This post was sponsored by Reese Specialty Foods, all opinions shared are my own.
Crispy Chicken Breast with Creamy Artichoke Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons Reese horseradish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons Reese capers remove juice
- 3 pieces of Reese Artichokes removed from juice and chopped
- Lightly pound the chicken into ¼ inch thickness and season each chicken piece with salt and pepper.
- Dredge a piece of chicken breast in the flour, then tap off the excess and dip it in the egg.
- Coat the chicken with the panko bread crumbs evenly on all parts.
- Heat ¼ cup vegetable oil in each pan over high heat. Once hot, cook the chicken for about 1 ½ minutes then flip the cutlets and fry until the other side is browned for 1 ½. Note: To speed up, use 2 skillets at same time.
- Continue cooking, shaking and flipping occasionally until well browned on both sides or fully cooked for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, add chicken stock, buttermilk and garlic and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in crème fraiche, mayonnaise, horseradish, chopped artichoke and capers until well combined. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve immediately with the chicken breast.