Delicious Chicken Cacciatore. I have cooked chicken about a thousand different ways and my favorites tend to be those that keep the chicken the juiciest. This dish has succulent chicken that’s cooked in Mezzetta Pasta Sauce alongside Onions, Bell Peppers, Chicken Broth and Kalamata Olives. The tastes dance together and the olives give a bit of salt. The taste is on another level than what you’d expect, but it has the flavor of something out of an expensive restaurant. The dish is simple to prepare and tastes amazing.
Be sure to check out this Polenta Parmesan with Chicken Sausage and Zucchini and hope you enjoy this Delicious Chicken Cacciatore recipe
Delicious Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 lb of chicken with skin on
- 2 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- Fresh Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of unsalted chicken stock
- 1 jar of Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley/ Dry parsley
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 3 Cloves Garlic, mince
- 1 cup of Kalimata Olives
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken for about 5 minute per side
- Add onion and garlic, cook until translucent
- Add Kalimata olive, red bell pepper, wine, chicken stock and pasta sauce. Bring to boil
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the chicken is moist
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and sprinkle with fresh/dry parsley
This recipe is adapted from Mezzetta
Today’s post is sponsored by Mezzetta, but my love for their Napa Valley Homemade pasta sauce is all my own!
These sauces sound amazing. I would make lasgana with them.
If I cook something like this, my family will just faint from surprise. Hahaha. It does look pretty simple to make but it looks like you exerted a lot of effort. I like cooking food like this. It's like effortless but people go oooohhhh and aaaahhhh. 🙂
I showed this to my husband, and ge wants it for dinner this week.
I absolutely love chicken cacciatore. I haven't made it in so long though, it looks wonderful.
The Trophy WifeStyle
Ooooo this looks so yummy!!! I so need to give this recipe a try!
I am craving for this one right now. Oh my, so love them all!
We love chicken in our family. This looks so delicious!
OMG!! You make me hungry right now, I wanna grab it from my screen lol. I'm gonna try your fantastic recipe.