This post is sponsored by © the J.M. Smucker Company, all opinions are my own.
The fall and winter season is right around the corner! The perfect time to use seasonal ingredients, such as warm spices to create your favorite drink recipes for cold weather, football, or the best part – holiday season.
With Dunkin’ Donuts flavored coffee, you can create instant fall favorites and you can become your own at-home barista. Be creative at home by mixing your own drink. You can find Dunkin’ Donuts flavored coffee at Walmart.
This Spiced Caramel Coffee Cake drink is aromatic and has the perfect balance of sweetness and spiced. I used Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Coffee Cake flavored coffee as the main ingredient, and made my own cinnamon almond syrup, served with frothed milk. The best part of making my own latte drink at home is that I can adjust the sweetness to my liking. The Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Coffee Cake has a buttery caramel start, smooth cinnamon finish, and subtle hints of vanilla. It smells so yummy!
To make this latte, I need a strongly brewed coffee. So I increase the coffee to water ratio from 1:6 to 2.5 to 6. I used a frother to froth the milk, but if you don’t have the tool, you may follow the easy instructions below on how to froth the milk with microwave. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Don’t forget to pick up some Dunkin’ Donuts flavored coffee at Walmart, and don’t be afraid to mix flavors to create your own drink!
- Brew ⅓ cup Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Coffee Cake flavored coffee
- ½ cup milk use non-fat or skimmed milk to provide the largest foam bubbles or 2% milk to add a more creamy taste than non-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Combine water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and almond extract in a medium saucepan
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until all sugar is dissolved and the consistency is thick like syrup. Set aside.
- Brew the coffee according to the product packaging, increase the coffee to water ratio from 1:6 to 2.5:6
- Pour the coffee into a cup, add about 1 tablespoon syrup and pour in the froth milk.
- Note: To froth the milk, simply pour milk into the jar and fill about ½ way, do not go over. Place the lid on tightly and shake the jar as hard as you can until the milk is doubled in volume for about 60 seconds. Remove the lid and microwave the milk for about 30 seconds. The foam will then rise to the top of the milk.