Get this delicious and easy to follow chicken curry with vegetables recipe. This curry uses Thai red curry paste, spices and coconut milk. Extremely tasty and aromatic.
Easy Chicken Curry with Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2-3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk, regular and unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- Zest of ½ lime
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups mixed bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Lime wedges, for squeezing
- 1 cup fresh red cabbage as toppings
- Fresh Cilantro, minced
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add the garlic, ginger, shallots, yellow onion; stir fry for about 3 minutes then add the curry paste, cook for 1 minute
- Add the chicken, fish sauce, brown sugar, coconut milk, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime zest and chicken stock. Lower the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add fresh broccoli florets, mixed bell pepper, dried basil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve curry over rice , Squeeze with lime juice before serving and garnish with fresh sliced red cabbage and cilantro
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Nicole Herose Cochingco Escat
This looks delicious plus really healthy. I love chicken!!!
My husband loves spicy food, but I have never cooked with curry before. I really want to try this recipe, it sounds delicious!
This looks too pretty to eat!! I will have to try this recipe out because it sounds so yummy!! Great job!
This looks really good! Something my whole family would enjoy. Great pics!
My goodness that looks absolutely delicious. We love anything that is done with chicken & this sounds like a spicy recipe that my husband would be obsessed with. Thai foods are so much favorite at home & I would love to try this one.
I love making chicken curry and embellishing it with exotic ingredients. Thanks for sharing your own recipe. Must give it a try!
I can't believe how simple this is considering it looks like something straight out of a magazine! Definitely going to try this one out.