Easy Lemony Butter Shrimp Pasta
This is probably one of our favorite meals during the busy work week. So simple, affordable and delicious.
Just a quick tip when buying shrimp: be sure to buy the most sustainable shrimp and look for certifications. STAY AWAY from shrimp that has been peeled and deveined before freezing. It can cause a loss of flavor and texture. What’s the point of buying shrimp if we can’t taste it, right?
- 1 pound pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp (peel and devein the shrimp)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Marinate the shrimp with salt and pepper, lemon (zest and juice) and minced garlic in a small bowl. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions or until al dente.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the marinated shrimp stirring often, and cook, stirring often, until cooked through, about 2 minutes.Pour the remaining lemon juice, garlic, and butter. Stir until the butter has melted for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Serve cooked lemon garlic shrimp on pasta. Stir and add salt/pepper according to your preferences.