This simple pumpkin bread recipe is so moist, spiced, tasty and fragrant! It's a perfect fall recipe and fits nicely with the upcoming holiday season, consisting of easy ingredients that you can find right in your pantry.
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Ingredients : As always, I try to incorporate as much veggies as I can into my family's diet. I decided to add shredded carrots, which add a touch of texture and sweetness, plus additional health benefits. Optional : add ground flax-seed, high in antioxidant and omega-3 fatty acid.
Banana bread and zucchini bread are more common but I like a quick and easy pumpkin loaf just as much. For my kids I sometimes place some applesauce atop the pumpkin bread and wash it down with a tall glass of milk. I myself think it goes great with tea, likely because of the spices in both. Hope you'd like this easy pumpkin bread recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice powder (I bought this product at Trader's Joe's, there are many good brands out there, or you can use ⅓ teaspoon nutmeg).
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins, chopped
- ⅓ cup cranberries, chopped
- ⅓ pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots, optional
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed, optional
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (puree, unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk in the eggs, oil, water and canned pumpkin then pour the dry mixture and stir
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for about 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Save me a slice! This is the perfect seasonal treat to pair with a meal.
The Trophy WifeStyle
Omg can we say yum?!?! It's the season of all things pumpkin, so I will have to give your recipe a try!
Oh this looks so yummy! I want to make this right now!
This looks so delicious. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan but that looks GOOD.