This simple pumpkin bread recipe is so moist, spiced, tasty and fragrant! It’s a perfect fall recipe and fits nicely with the upcoming holiday season, consisting of easy ingredients that you can find right in your pantry.
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Ingredients : As always, I try to incorporate as much veggies as I can into my family’s diet. I decided to add shredded carrots, which add a touch of texture and sweetness, plus additional health benefits. Optional : add ground flax-seed, high in antioxidant and omega-3 fatty acid.
Banana bread and zucchini bread are more common but I like a quick and easy pumpkin loaf just as much. For my kids I sometimes place some applesauce atop the pumpkin bread and wash it down with a tall glass of milk. I myself think it goes great with tea, likely because of the spices in both. Hope you’d like this easy pumpkin bread recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice powder (I bought this product at Trader's Joe's there are many good brands out there, or you can use 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg).
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberries chopped
- 1/3 pumpkin seeds unsalted
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots optional
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (puree unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk in the eggs, oil, water and canned pumpkin then pour the dry mixture and stir
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for about 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.