Eyes are the Windows To Your Soul. Are you taking care of them? #ThinkAboutYourEyes

This post was sponsored by Think About Your Eyes as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received compensation as a thank you for my review

We already know that our eyes are vastly important to us and a key thing to take care of for our overall health.  But many of us often take it for granted and forget to take necessary steps to protect our eyesight and to keep our eyes healthy for the long-run. We also tend to ignore warning signs and symptoms when things aren’t going well with our eyes. There are many things that could impact our eye health: family history, UV rays, physical health, and possibly an old sports injury or newer injury from work.  Just like all other muscles, our eyes need regular care to maintain maximum performance.

I’ve been wearing my prescription glasses for almost 20 years.  Except for my mom, most others in my family are fine with their vision. When I was a kid, my mom taught me not to sit too close to the TV, and to make sure I had adequate lighting when reading books at night.  She even made fresh carrot juice almost every day.  I followed all of these but still ended needed glasses to help my vision. Wearing glasses isn’t all that bad though, and I was so glad that I didn’t ignore the symptoms to make it worse.  I’ve been getting an annual eye exam since then and keeping on-track.  The eyes are a muscle and just like other muscles they need regular care.  Think About Your Eyes has an interesting website where you can learn more about steps you should be taking, and why.  If you are like me and prefer visuals to consume statistics, facts and figures you’ll be impressed by this gifographic.  I like it’s quote that they eyes are the window to your soul, but from its statistics  not enough people take the proper steps for eye care.

Think About Your Eyes

Based on my own experience, I believe in the importance of taking care of our eyes and getting annual eye exams. A few months ago, I was really worried about our son’s eyes, as he was blinking his eyes more often than normal, at least in our unprofessional opinion.  We took him to an optometrist and luckily he had nothing unusual with his eyes despite suffering from seasonal allergies.  All it took was one hour and we now have peace of mind and are helping him out with medication for his allergies.  I suggest you make regular appointments with an eye doctor, here’s an eye doctor locator from the folks at Think About Your Eyes Doctor .

Don’t forget to follow Think About Your Eyes :

Think About Your Eyes Facebook
Think About Your Eyes Twitter

• Reply Inspiring Kitchen Apr 25, 2016 at 12:15 am

Eye care is very important and I make sure we get regular check ups. I also encourage my kids to fruits and veggies that are rich in Vitamin A.

• Reply Heather Paulding Apr 25, 2016 at 6:47 am

Finding the right eye doctor can be very difficult. This eye doctor locator looks very helpful. Can’t wait to try it out!

• Reply Jeanette Apr 25, 2016 at 10:25 am

I have no choice but to go in yearly. I am blind as a bat without my contacts and I can’t get new contacts without a prescription. I think that it is defiantly important to get them checked every year.

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Apr 25, 2016 at 10:56 am

It’s so important to take care of your eyes! I get an annual eye exam every year. I like my vision, and I want to keep it.

• Reply jamie Apr 25, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I was born with vision issues, and as suck I am sure to have my eyes checked every year. I never want to know what it’s like to have less vision than I have now.

• Reply ninjette102 Apr 25, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I just went for my eye exam and thank goodness I did bc I am now a glasses wearing kinda gal! great post!

• Reply 1heart1family Apr 25, 2016 at 3:02 pm

I have worn glasses since I was 3.5years old. I take my eye exams very serious. My kids have also had regular eye check up since they were 3 too!

• Reply Jesica h Apr 25, 2016 at 4:51 pm

I have an eye tech as a father in law, and he makes sure I take care of my eyes, otherwise I probably would be lazy!

• Reply The Cubicle Chick Apr 25, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Thank you for this article. It’s so easy to forget going to the eye doctor annually, but it’s one of the things that we need to remember. We only have two eyes, no replacement and we need to take care of them.

• Reply Ashley Winters Apr 25, 2016 at 7:20 pm

My eyes are the one thing I love. I think it is very important to take care of them.

• Reply Lynndee Apr 26, 2016 at 7:21 am

It is definitely important to take care of our eyes that’s why both the hubs and I make sure not to miss our check ups every year.

• Reply Claudia Krusch Apr 26, 2016 at 7:48 am

I’m due to an exam! You’ve just reminded me! Thank you!

• Reply Tammilee Tips Apr 26, 2016 at 10:20 am

Eye health is so important. My husband and I are pretty careful about our eye health with regular exams.

• Reply Kathy Apr 26, 2016 at 11:37 am

I think this is a great post. I recently started getting eye exams yearly. I hadn’t been going for years, and I’m glad that I did go because it turned out I needed glasses. It’s very important to make sure to get your yearly exams.

• Reply Ann Bacciaglia Apr 26, 2016 at 2:07 pm

You can never be to careful when it comes to the health of your eyes. We get our eyes checked every year. I have been wearing glasses for as long as i can remember. My prescription is usually a little different each year.

• Reply michele d Apr 27, 2016 at 6:29 am

As I age, it becomes more clear that wearing my glasses more often than just reading is so important. It’s a fact that we will all wear them at one point in our lives.

• Reply Ashley Morton Apr 27, 2016 at 10:23 am

I have been wearing glasses for just about as long! I personally know how important taking care of your eyes is and try to get everyone to get their eyes examined.

• Reply Marielle Altenor Apr 28, 2016 at 9:07 am

Our eyes is one of the things I find we all take for granted. Taking care of them is important! That being said, I really need to make an appointment to see my eye doctor.

• Reply Maggie Branch Apr 29, 2016 at 9:18 am

Eye health is not the finest in my family. Taking care of my eyes has always been a priority!