A fast and Reliable Router: Linksys WRT3200ACM

linksys-wrt-3200acm-router

Disclaimer :  The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free

A fast and reliable router is the key to a stable and speedy internet connection.  A stable and speedy internet connection is, in-turn, the key to my business and much of my family’s entertainment.   With work and play relying on my router you can see that buying the best router on the market is something very important to me.

I learned the hard way about the importance of a good router.  Taking a step back, I first tried a few different internet provider companies in the area and finally settled on the one with the best plans and best service.  Next, I went out and upgraded to a new and higher end modem than the one I’d had before.  I don’t know why I thought those two things alone were enough.  We hooked it all up and then a day or two later it started, the dreaded buffering!  My husband first started experiencing buffering during his movie watching.  My work was suffering too, which is where I draw the line.  I told my husband that he probably set up the modem wrong.  When we ruled out the modem we called our internet provider and said it must be on their side.  They came out and showed us clear as day that our modem and connection speed were great, but that going through our sub-par router we were decreasing our speed to 1/4 of what it should be!!  From that day on I’ve been dialed in to learning about the best routers and making sure mine is at the top of the list.

linksys-wrt-3200acm-routerThat brings me to the WRT… brace yourself, this router is a beast!

–          The first thing I should mention about the Linksys WRT3200ACM Wi-Fi Router is that it is the fastest dual-band router on the market.  With its Tri-Stream 160 technology it doubles the bandwidth on all if the spatial streams.  Basically the router gives access to channels at full bandwidth for clearest Wi-Fi that most routers won’t be able to access.  While I’m no electrical engineer and don’t fully understand the technology, within two minutes of using this router it is simple to recognize how insanely fast it operates.

–          Another huge feature of the WRT is the MU-MMO technology, which disperses the high speed Wi-Fi to our different devices so they’re all churning at a fast speed (all at the same time).  Sometimes I lose track of all of the devices we have going on in our house: pcs, work laptops, kids’ iPads, phones… I can’t keep them all straight, but definitely notice when others are using up my bandwidth.  It would sometimes seem as though only one device had  a good connection and all the rest were picking up the scraps.  The WRT makes all of our devices get that same great speed.

–          There are some really cool extra bells and whistles on the WRT, like the open-source customizations, and the ability to monitor and even manage our home’s Wi-Fi from a mobile device.  I didn’t actually try that yet, but my husband is very keen on that one.  The router also boasts 256MB Flash and 512MB of RAM Memory.

–          The last point I want to make is that the setup of the router wasn’t bad at all.  I bought a router about a year back that was extremely difficult to get up and running.  I was discouraged and hated it even before we had turned it on!  The WRT setup is easy-peasy.

In conclusion, don’t forget that the router is an essential component and maybe the most important as far as delivering fast internet.  The  Linksys WRT3200ACM Wi-Fi Router is loaded and brings more features and options that will make your experience much more enjoyable, whether you are viewing movies, gaming, browsing, or whatever else online.  It passed the test for my tech family and I definitely vouch for this product!

• Reply Jacqui @FlightsFancyMom Oct 23, 2016 at 9:33 am

I used to use Linksys and loved them. They are a great brand and offer stable services 🙂

• Reply Jeanine Oct 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm

I grew up with Linksys routers, and they have always been great for me. I’m not sure what we are using now, I’ll have to check it out!

• Reply Rebecca Swenor Oct 23, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Linksys WRT3200ACM Wi-Fi Router sonds like a great device and something we could really use. it is awesome that all the device can be going at the same time and the speed never changes. I will have to share this with my boyfriend too. Thanks for shairng this awesome device.

• Reply Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen Oct 23, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Routers are something that I’ve never really thought about. I’m guess I’m lucky that my cable company provides ours…but I should definitely remember this for future!

• Reply Krystal Oct 23, 2016 at 4:44 pm

It’s always important to have high speed internet especially with the work that we do. I will have to give this a try!

• Reply Bonnie Gowen Oct 23, 2016 at 5:35 pm

This is something we could really use right about now. I am going to have to get one of these.

• Reply Sara Oct 24, 2016 at 4:06 am

We always replace our router every few years. I will try this one next time we need to replace it. With 7 people using it at once it needs to be very powerful!

• Reply Aisha Kristine Chong Oct 24, 2016 at 8:43 am

This brand is definitely a go-to for a good router. Though I dont think we have this specific one yet.. but we also use linkys.

• Reply Dina Demarest (@dinade) Oct 24, 2016 at 10:57 am

Our router goes out about once a year. I need to try linksys next and see if it lasts longer!!

• Reply Donna L. Ward Oct 24, 2016 at 1:39 pm

We just installed a wireless extender to reach our Guest House – so I certainly know the importance. Our main router is a Linksys and the last one last for several years! Great info you’ve shared

• Reply Dee Oct 24, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I know that its good to have a good router. We had to have a booster one in my house because the signal was too weak.

• Reply Bites for Foodies Oct 24, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I know nothing about reuters, let alone internet connection! My husband does all that, lol! I can say though that we have one of these and it works really well!

• Reply Mrs. Emma Spellman Oct 24, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I have been thinking about getting a router, so I can stop paying a month fee to our cable company. This looks like a great one!

• Reply Angela Harris Oct 25, 2016 at 5:00 am

I really need to get this router. With all of the internet us in my house. This would truly help out.

• Reply Diana Oct 25, 2016 at 2:47 pm

I used Linksys in my house and I love it. It’s fast and the internet reaches every inch of my home.

• Reply Nicole Hood Oct 25, 2016 at 7:43 pm

You know we have gone through quite a few routers! I will look into purchasing a Linksy now.

• Reply Aprill Oct 26, 2016 at 7:37 pm

I’m using whatever router Xfinity gave me with my internet service and I’ll admit I need something faster. I’ll check this out thank you!