Garden Fresh Salad with Grilled Chicken and Buttermilk dressing. A healthy recipe that will provide a good amount of fiber and protein to your low carb diet plan. If you are looking for healthy lunch recipes, this easy simple salad recipe is for you!
A complete lunch kit, made of fresh ingredients: corn, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce and red onion, served with grilled chicken breast and creamy buttermilk salad dressing that will add a tangy kick to it. It’s packed with nutrients and has a high water content, so this crisp salad will help you feel full for a longer period of time than many other salads out there.
How to Make Garden Fresh Salad with Grilled Chicken and Buttermilk Dressing:
I served this garden fresh salad with juicy grilled chicken breast. I cut the chicken breast in half and I seasoned the chicken lightly with olive oil, salt/pepper and poultry seasoning. Then, I marinated in the fridge for at least 15 minutes and cooked it on a stove grill pan.
While serving I drizzled some of my homemade buttermilk dill salad dressing with greek yogurt over the top which tastes great and helps for presentation, too.
- 2 cups chopped fresh lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped sugar plum or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh corn (or use thawed frozen corn)
- sliced red onion
- grilled chicken breast (cut into small bite pieces)
- buttermilk salad dressing (click here to view the buttermilk salad dressing recipe)
Grilled Chicken Breast:
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (optional)
Cook the Chicken Breast:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of chicken evenly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes and cut into small bite pieces. Set aside. Optional: You can also marinate the chicken with poultry seasoning, cover and put in the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking.
To build the Salad:
- In a salad bowl or large platter, mix chopped lettuce, green beans, tomatoes, corn, and red onion. Add the chopped grilled chicken breast into the salad and drizzle with buttermilk dill dressing.
- Use less or more ingredients according to your liking.