Great Home Workout Routine without Weights – Steps to a New You!

Great-Home-Workout-Routine-without-Weights - Steps to a New You

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TryALittleGoodness #CollectiveBias

Eating Right and Avoid Skipping Meals

There are a lot of key steps to staying in-shape. I eat a little bit of everything (especially vegetables) and try to watch my portions.  I do my best not to skip meals but have found as a working mother that can be tough.  It’s important to be honest with yourself and know that you won’t always have time for a full meal, so it’s best to prepare for life on the go and keep satisfying snacks close at-hand.  For me that means having some in my pantry, my purse, in the car, and for my husband at work.  I can then control my hunger and keep my energy levels up.    When I don’t have snacks around I either don’t eat anything or grab quick “filler foods” like a candy bar or fast food, things that don’t do me any favors.  Being full directly effects my attitude too, and I’ve noticed that in those weeks where I don’t eat as much I have a less positive outlook. goodness knows snack squares

Plan Your Home Workout Routine

home workout routine is crucial to have.  If you don’t belong to a gym that’s fine as you can get a great workout right at home.  You won’t always have time or motivation to go to the gym, so be honest with yourself about that.  Working out at home can be your alternative.  Although you may want to work out for a full hour a day it is much better to get a 20 minute workout in than none at all, so have a quicker workout designed for days with less time or motivation.  You don’t need expensive equipment.  Also, stretching is essential, both before and after the workout.  I’ve attached some of my favorite home workout moves, which also have a big focus on muscle stretching and maximizing mobility and range of motion.  This workout routine can take as little as 20 minutes to get through, and I can even break that up into different parts of the day.  Make it easier for yourself to actually do a workout, it shouldn’t be an intimidating chore!

goodness knows® snack squares

Snacks for Working Out and Life on the Go

I look for similar components in a snack as I do in the rest of my meals.  I want something that I can take with me but still tastes great, and has real ingredients.  Understanding my cravings is key: if I only put an apple or a bag of cashews in my bag I know that I’ll still be hungry and eat something bad afterwards.  One snack that fulfills all of my cravings are goodnessknows® snack squares.  With no artificial colors or flavors and also no fructose corn syrup this snack is right for me.  They come in three flavors:

The first flavor I tried was the cranberry, almond, dark chocolate and I was hooked.  This was last year and I didn’t even bother to try the other flavors for quite a long time.  I have recently though and they are just as good.  The peach & cherry, almond, dark chocolate is my favorite right now, I am a sucker for peaches and rarely find real peaches in a snack.

The dark chocolate in goodness knows® snack squares is another differentiator. Dark chocolate combined with fruit it is especially amazing.  These snack bars have it going on!

Quick Workouts and Better Snack Choices

Skipping trips to the gym is something I’ve gotten mad at myself about for years.  It’s bound to happen though.  Part of it is the time it takes to get ready, drive there and find parking (ugh).  I think even more of a barrier is the mental block.  One way I plan to combat this is to go to the gym in the mornings instead of at night, as the justification part of my brain won’t yet be fully awake!  More importantly though is again knowing myself and having a quick workout that I can do at home.  Same goes for healthy eating. I’d love to have prepared 3 wonderfully healthy, large meals for myself and my family seven days a week.  That will never happen, not in this lifetime so I need to make smart choices on how not to skip meals and have snacks that are filling and taste great.  Grandiose resolutions like working out for an hour every day and cooking amazingly healthy meals all of the time sound great but are too hard to keep up.  It is important to plan out smart choices for our real lives like a fast workout and a great snack on the go.

You  can purchase goodness knows® snack squares at Walmart stores. The snack squares can be found up front, near the registers. Give yourself a break and enjoy life from “goodness to greatness”

Great Home Workout Routines without Weights - Steps to a New You!

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Jan 11, 2016 at 9:26 am

Thanks so much for sharing these. Everyone always thinks you need weights to work out, but your body is enough.

• Reply Cristi Comes Jan 11, 2016 at 10:55 am

Thank you for your at home work out tips. I don’t have a gym membership and I know that’s OK. There is so much we can do at home to keep in physical shape. #client

• Reply Robin Rue (@massholemommy) Jan 11, 2016 at 4:31 pm

I always have a hard time getting motivated to workout at home. I need to try it again!

• Reply Miles L. Jan 11, 2016 at 4:51 pm

This post motivated me to get fit. I’ve been struggling to find the motivation to even wear my workout clothes.

• Reply Jeanette Jan 11, 2016 at 5:16 pm

I’m trying to get some of this belly fat off that I’ve gained in the last year. These are great exercises I just need your flexibility to go with them LOL.

• Reply lisa Jan 11, 2016 at 6:04 pm

I am really particular about my snack bars because of all the sugar most of them have. I love a good bar though so I will check these out!

• Reply homesteadwishing Jan 11, 2016 at 6:51 pm

These look great. I love that they have dark chocolate. I am not a fan of milk chocolate, so this is perfect for me!

• Reply tara pittman Jan 11, 2016 at 6:52 pm

I love snack bars with nuts and chocolate in them. These look so yummy.

• Reply Elizabeth O. Jan 11, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I would definitely much rather workout at home than in a gym or somewhere else. Looking for the right routine is important, otherwise you really won’t follow through. Thanks for sharing these!

• Reply ashleyevmg Jan 11, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I love that you can workout at home without weights. A gym membership is not in the budget, so this is great.

• Reply ascendingbutterfly Jan 11, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I use my wii and wii fit to workout at home, I like the Wii Yoga and the Wii Fit System as well as all the dance games and zumba too! There are so many fun ways to work out without weights or ever stepping foot in a gym! 🙂

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

• Reply Heather Jan 11, 2016 at 9:25 pm

I like I like when a snack feels like a cheat. That looks too delicious to be healthy for you.

• Reply Eileen xo Jan 11, 2016 at 9:42 pm

These are a wonderful snack bar and perfect for in between meals and after a workout

• Reply Victoria Heckstall Jan 11, 2016 at 11:39 pm

This post was makes me inspire to keep fit, I’m so glad for this bars such a healthy food.

• Reply Ana De-Jesus Jan 11, 2016 at 11:56 pm

These look like wonderful snack bars. I like the Wii to work out and Zumba is fun too.

• Reply Annemarie LeBlanc Jan 12, 2016 at 12:43 am

I sometimes envy people who stick to a daily exercise program. I wish I would be able to do that too! I know, its never too late to make changes to achieve a healthier mind and body. Thanks for letting me know about Goodness Knows snack bars.

• Reply patricemfoster Jan 12, 2016 at 1:39 am

This was an inspiring post and the snack bar looks awesome …Healthy.

• Reply Rebecca Swenor Jan 12, 2016 at 2:39 am

These are great tips indeed for a home workout routine without weights. It is so important to stretch before and after you exercise so you don’t crap up in my opinion. The Goodnessknows bars are a great healthy snack for anytime really. Thanks for the tips.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Jan 12, 2016 at 4:05 am

You are so flexible and looking great! PLannin your work out and ditchng the mañana habit is important in achieving goal.

• Reply Lexie Lane Jan 12, 2016 at 5:46 am

This is great idea and motive post, I love your workout idea.

• Reply Peggy Jan 12, 2016 at 6:37 am

I know push ups are one of the best exercises, I just cant talk myself into them. I’m focusing on steps and that’s pretty good for me. Too many hours in front of the computer screen!!!! I’d love a blog about desk exercises and car exercises (since I also get to sit in a lot of traffic).

• Reply Terri Ramsey Beavers Jan 12, 2016 at 6:37 am

Working out and better snacking is on my agenda this year. I’ve got to make myself get into a routine though and that isn’t going so well yet.

• Reply Victoria Sconion (@MrsSconion) Jan 12, 2016 at 6:47 am

I normally workout at home. I rarely have the time to go to the gym or outside to go for a run. Its easy to get your heart rate pumping for 30 mins with simple moves!

• Reply Liz Mays Jan 12, 2016 at 7:26 am

This is great advice. Home workouts are underrated. Those snack squares sound super good, and having them on hand will prevent bad choices!

• Reply Fashionable Librarian Jan 12, 2016 at 7:34 am

I have always worked out at home so I have put together what you would call a mini gym at home. You have to be disciplined to work out at home though. I am always on the hunt for nutritious bars so I am going to look into this one.

• Reply Ricci Jan 12, 2016 at 7:35 am

This is great workout advice!! This looks like it would be a great post-workout snack! YUM!

• Reply Claudette Esterine Jan 12, 2016 at 7:36 am

I honestly stay away from snack bars because of the sugar content. The occasional one is okay, I guess. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Kathy Jan 12, 2016 at 9:31 am

I love having snack bars around the house. I’ll have to look in to these ones. They look good!

• Reply Brianna George Jan 12, 2016 at 9:33 am

those look delish and a better alternative to the other junk that I tend to eat.:(

• Reply OurFamilyWorld Jan 12, 2016 at 9:40 am

I don’t use weights when I work out. This is a great routine. The snacks also look yummy.

• Reply Because... I'm cheap Jan 12, 2016 at 10:20 am

I love Goodness Knows bars. They are delicious and great pre workout!

• Reply Lynndee Jan 12, 2016 at 10:26 am

I’m guilty as charged with regards to skipping meals. 🙁 I should stock up with snack bars and hopefully, get into exercise too. 🙂

• Reply michelle Jan 12, 2016 at 10:26 am

these workouts look like something we all can do at home. i’m very curious about those bars i’ll have to look for them at the show

• Reply NotNowMomsBusy Jan 12, 2016 at 11:10 am

That looks like a great workout routine. And the images of the person exercising right beside her kitchen make me realize that you pretty much can setup your space anywhere. No more excuses.

• Reply Healthier Steps Jan 12, 2016 at 11:22 am

I’m on a regular exercise routine and your post motivates me!

• Reply Yonca Jan 12, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Dark chocolate and fruit combination sounds delish! Motivational post!

• Reply Chrystal | Nevermore Lane Jan 12, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I saw those little snack bites at the store the other day and wondered how they tasted. They look really good. I like that they are in small bites to make you feel like you are having more than one. Great workout routine as well.

• Reply Nicole Herose Cochingco Escat Jan 12, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Your body is really flexible, I want to achieve that body, you look so fit. Love this idea.

• Reply Jennifer Dawn Jan 12, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Thanks for sharing! I’m wanting to lose some weight this year. With my focus on three small children, going to the gym just isn’t a reality for me. I love that these exercises can be done at home without any equipment.

• Reply April Mims Jan 12, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I tried these snacks a few weeks ago and absolutely loved them. They are a great way to have a yummy treat and not blow your healthy eating.

• Reply Beth@FrugalFroggie Jan 12, 2016 at 7:36 pm

I have been exercising but I haven’t added the muscle building routine yet but I need to add it.

• Reply Amber Jan 12, 2016 at 7:40 pm

I’ll have to try those snacks. I’m always guilty of the same. I often skip meals and just have a granola bar but I often get bored of eating the same thing. I love these work outs too. I have a gym membership but sometimes it’s so hard to get there that I would rather workout at home.

• Reply Tami Jan 12, 2016 at 7:56 pm

I tried one of the goodnessknows bars the other day. It was odd tasting peach with chocolate at first, but I did enjoy it. I definitely need to start up a workout routine here at the house.

• Reply tiarasandtantrums Jan 12, 2016 at 8:51 pm

Skipping meals is my biggest problem right now. I never eat breakfast or lunch and only eat dinner. I’m trying to train myself better

• Reply bowen1960 Jan 12, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Thank you for this post. I live far away from a gym to make attending feasible so I’m always looking for ideas for home exercise

• Reply JessicaACassidy (@wifetoalineman) Jan 13, 2016 at 4:00 am

I missed working out.I used to do hula hoops but now am so lazy. I hope I will get my motivation back. I tried that snacks and oh so good.

• Reply claudia krusch Jan 13, 2016 at 5:15 am

THANK YOU for your post, it motivated me to get fit. I’ve been struggling to find the motivation to do it in winter!

• Reply wemake7 Jan 13, 2016 at 5:39 am

I have been eating healthier since beginning of the year and have exercised once when I found time too. This is really a great motivator to get me working out more, thank you.

• Reply Shanéy Vijendranath Jan 13, 2016 at 10:08 am

Sounds like exactly what I need. I’m on a mission to eat healthier this year and cut down on junk food.

• Reply livingoffloveandcoffee Jan 13, 2016 at 12:34 pm

What a great workout! I often like to workout with my own body weight versus dumbbells.

• Reply Patty Leonard Woodland Jan 13, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I wish I were half that flexible. Those bars look really tasty. I’ll have to look for them

• Reply Chanelle Jan 13, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Love working out at home. Keep it simple. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Jonathan W Key Jan 13, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Wow that’s really amazing! The bars look so yummy and the bear is cute.

• Reply Shaylee Field Jan 14, 2016 at 9:04 am

Great fitness tips and those bars look really delicious! I always work out using my own body weight, it’s so much simpler than using other equipment!

• Reply Marielle Altenor Jan 14, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I’m home a lot and with baby and blogging and trying to keep house clean, I tend to forget to eat. Which is not a good thing at all. I will need to stop by Walmart and pick up a few of these bars.

• Reply Shannon Gurnee Jan 15, 2016 at 10:40 am

I would love to start a home workout routine, but I just haven’t pushed myself hard enough. This is a great post.

• Reply Louise ღ (@louisechelle) Jan 17, 2016 at 8:26 pm

I wish I had the determination to stretch my muscles like that! Haha. Kidding aside, for women, I think it’s best to workout without weights so we won’t look too buff. And you’re right, eating right and avoid skipping meals would really help us in our workout.

• Reply Heather {Brie Brie Blooms} Jan 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm

These are great tips! I work from home and definitely could take a little time in my day to add in a similar routine. #client