Grilling and searing are my two favorite ways to cook chicken. This Grilled Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe consists of simple ingredients that you can find right out of your pantry. It’s affordable, easy to make and delicious. This recipe is quite similar to chicken teriyaki, but is less sweet and lighter in its all-around flavor. I prefer to use boneless chicken thighs for this recipe because chicken breasts are susceptible to drying out. If you do prefer to use chicken breasts, start by pounding chicken breast to a half-inch in thickness. Do not overcook chicken breasts, as the meat can become dry very fast.
Grilled Honey Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts thin slice (preferably chicken thighs). If you use chicken breasts, start by pounding chicken breasts to a half inch thickness
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeeze Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Mexican Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- In a mixing bowl, add honey, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic cloves, cumin, coriander, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, Mexican chili powder, smoked paprika and rice vinegar.
- Season and rub chicken throughly with mixed spices and other ingredients.
- To marinate the chicken, place the meat in a zip lock then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the grill pan on the stove and turn heat to medium-high.
- Brush the grill pan with olive oil using a pastry brush or spray oil
- Cook the chicken thighs without moving them for about 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cool the other side for the same amount of time.
- Use an internal meat thermometer to check on temperature, and remove the chicken from the grill when the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with rice or wild rice