This delicious steak recipe is perfect for any occasion. It is a budget-friendly cut of steak but doesn’t taste as such. Skirt steak can be served with side of potatoes, salad or even served in a steak wrap. The only important part is to marinate the skirt meat long enough in the refrigerator but cooking.
If medium-rare is what you’re after, then cook time should be under 10 minutes. A longer the marinating time will boost the flavors and make the meat more tender, too. You can also marinate the meat in a big batch and keep them in the freezer for later use. Simply defrost the frozen meat in a bag before cooking. For this recipe, I serve the grilled marinated skirt steak with watercress, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion and micro greens. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or liquid amino
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 3 scallions white and green parts
- 2 cloves large garlic
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 pounds inside skirt steak
- Mixed salad (watercress corn, tomatoes, micro greens, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper)
- Place cayenne pepper, ground cumin, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid amino/soy sauce, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, lime juice, oil in a blender then puree.
- Put skirt steak and pour in marinade in a zip lock, refrigerate for at least 3 hour
- Place the grill pan on the stove and turn heat to medium-high.
- Brush the grill pan with olive oil using a pastry brush or spray oil
- Cook the skirt steak for 4 each side for medium-rare
- Transfer to a plate then cover loosely with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes
- Serve with mixed salad (watercress, corn, tomatoes, micro greens, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper)