This delicious steak recipe is perfect for any occasion. It is a budget-friendly cut of steak but doesn’t taste as such. Skirt steak can be served with side of potatoes, salad or even served in a steak wrap. The only important part is to marinate the skirt meat long enough in the refrigerator but cooking.
If medium-rare is what you’re after, then cook time should be under 10 minutes. A longer the marinating time will boost the flavors and make the meat more tender, too. You can also marinate the meat in a big batch and keep them in the freezer for later use. Simply defrost the frozen meat in a bag before cooking. For this recipe, I serve the grilled marinated skirt steak with watercress, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion and micro greens. Enjoy!
Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or liquid amino
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 3 scallions, white and green parts
- 2 cloves large garlic
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 pounds inside skirt steak
- Mixed salad (watercress, corn, tomatoes, micro greens, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper)
- Place cayenne pepper, ground cumin, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid amino/soy sauce, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, lime juice, oil in a blender then puree.
- Put skirt steak and pour in marinade in a zip lock, refrigerate for at least 3 hour
- Place the grill pan on the stove and turn heat to medium-high.
- Brush the grill pan with olive oil using a pastry brush or spray oil
- Cook the skirt steak for 4 each side for medium-rare
- Transfer to a plate then cover loosely with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes
- Serve with mixed salad (watercress, corn, tomatoes, micro greens, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper)
Inspired by Food Network and Epicurious
Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
That sounds like a delicious salad. I would love some steak on the salad I am having for dinner.
You make skirt steak look so much better than what I can do! Every single time I've ever made skirt steak I have dried it out. I need to try to again because this recipe looks delicious.
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle
That looks absolutely divine! This is the perfect healthy lunch option for anyone trying to get healthy and stay healthy.
Tessa @ Mama Smith's
What a yummy salad. I've always loved salads like this that add a nice protein source to them. Eggs are okay, but they get so boring.
I love that this looks like it could be hard to make, but in fact it's straightforward and easy. It looks divine and I have to add - your photography is beautiful!
Great recipe! Going to make this for my family this weekend! Looks super delicious!
Steak is my favorite meal. I will have to try this recipe. It looks delicious and easy to make.
This looks like a great recipe. I love steak! In fact, I've been wanting steak for a while now. I'm just waiting for prices to go down a bit. I think I'll have to try out your recipe here soon. Yum!
It does look delicious! I like the sprouts you added in it. I bet my husband would eat this kind of salad.
That looks absolutely fantastic! I would love to try that. Looks so healthy and delicious.