How to Save Money on Designer Brands

how to save money on designer brands

my outfit : BCBGMAXAZRIA Short Sleeve Blouse XS , Fendi sunglasses, 7 for all mankind suede pants,  Laurence Dacade Boots, Louis Vuitton handbag

thredUP is my favorite online shopping site for gently used (and some new with tags) clothing.  Whether you’re a fashionista that needs to refresh your closet for fall, or if you’re like me and just enjoy paying a fraction of what others do on brand name clothes, then thredUP is for you.

how-to-save-money-on-designer-clothes-thred-up-2

Refreshing our closet can often be expensive. I can’t deny how much I love designer brands, especially on shoes and leather jackets (Isabel Marant, Laurence Dacade, Aquatalia, Chloe, Giuseppe Zannoti, Missoni to name a few).   Over the years I have probably spent too much on designer brands and have definitely walked away with buyer’s remorse after paying full price.  It’s even worse when I then end u not wearing that item half as much as I had intended.  It’s great that thredUP is there, so folks like me can do style on a budget, and even with the hottest brands out there today.

how-to-save-money-on-designer-clothes-thred-up-3

With thredUP being a great consignment online site I am able to find my favorite brands for way cheaper than anywhere else online.   Of the items I picked up a couple of them were brand new and the others were gently used.  The site offers a great selection of fashion brands: LOFT, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, White House Black Market, MICHAEL, Michael Kors, Lululemon, Athletica, Nike, Free People, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Vince, Tory Burch, Marc by Marc Jacobs, J Brand, Joie Paige.

leather-jacket-thred-up
 If you decide to go shopping today on thredUP, I have these promo codes to use at checkout to save even more money:

• 15% off for existing customers (only 150  redemptions are available here!): LNB15
  • $50 off $125 or more for first time customers: WQA50
  • $30 off $75 or more for first time customers: YHJ75

how-to-save-money-on-designer-clothes-thred-up-7

See What Happened When I Shopped #SecondhandFirst. I found my favorite brands for up to 90% off!  I am quite happy with my order. Everything is still in like-new condition and as you can see below the brand names and mark downs will blow your mind!   I really do prefer shopping at home for clothes these days, but I get frustrated having to jump around to so many different sites… some only have a few good items and the rest look dated, others have stuff I like but their “sale” prices are just 10% or so off.  thredUP gives me a huge selection, killer deals, and a nice interface to view the items and check their condition.  I also like how reputable they are.

Here’s the list of items I bought, with crazy savings on each:

BCBGMAXAZRIA Short Sleeve Blouse XS $17.99 (Reg $158)
Gap Turtleneck Sweater Sm $3.99 (Reg $70)
Gap Casual Skirt XS (New With Tags) $2.99 (reg $54.95)
Banana Republic Leather Jacket XS $29.99 (reg $448)
BCBGMAXAZRIA Long Sleeve Blouse Sm $38.99 (Reg $198)

• Reply Paula Schuck Oct 11, 2016 at 1:37 pm

This is so great! I try to be frugal, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like nice things. Thanks for sharing this!

• Reply Ann Bacciaglia Oct 11, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Wow this is fantastic. I will have to check this out. My Daughter loves designer things.

• Reply Rebecca Swenor Oct 12, 2016 at 5:07 am

These are some awesome pieces of clothing you got from thredUP I love you can get gently used items that are brand name for a cheaper price. This sweater is gorgeous and I love the black jacket. Thanks for sharing these items and thredUP.

• Reply Kathy Oct 12, 2016 at 6:18 am

I keep forgetting to check out ThreadUp. I’ve been wanting too. Sounds like they have some great clothing.

• Reply Kendall Oct 12, 2016 at 9:22 am

Love Thread Up, you can save so much money shopping there! I love the clothing, too!

• Reply uprunforlife Oct 12, 2016 at 10:49 am

I haven’t tried Thread Up yet. I will have to check it out when I need to add clothes to my wardrobe. There is no reason why I should pay an arm and a leg for it when I can buy it at a fraction of the price.

• Reply Claudia Krusch Oct 12, 2016 at 7:50 pm

I loooove the leather jacket! So stylish! I’ve never heard of Threadup, thank you for sharing it!

• Reply Nicole Haas Etolen Oct 12, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Wow, nice to hear about this. I find designer’s label very expensive, glad to read this.

• Reply Shannon Gurnee Oct 12, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I’ve heard of Thred before, but never tried it out. I love getting designer brands at non-designer prices. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Marysa Oct 13, 2016 at 4:57 am

My friend is obsessed with Thred Up. You got some really great items, sounds like a great service. I have no time for shopping, so this would be great for me!

• Reply Terri Ramsey Beavers Oct 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I’ve been reading great reviews on thredUP. I love saving money where ever I can so a consignment shop would be right up my alley. Love that jacket.

• Reply Shanéy Maharaj Oct 14, 2016 at 12:34 pm

Ooooh thanks for sharing this. I always wondered too. Sales nowdays in stores are just not enough. Definitely checking this out now!

• Reply Olha Parker Nov 3, 2016 at 7:44 am

I often visit second hands, one can find there lots of designer brands of a great quality. You just wash the clothing and no one will guess where you bought it. Thanks for sharing the tips!