Let’s Go Places with Toyota Highlander

Lets Go Places with Toyota Highlander
Spread the love
  •  Yum

In partnership with #DriveToyota #LetsGoPlaces

For our spring break this year we decided to take my immediate family up to the Midwest and visit grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.  The main hub that we called home for the visit were The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, although we took a three hour tour through beautiful farm country to also visit some water parks in Wisconsin Dells.

Lets Go Places with Toyota Highlander

Even though San Diego is not the biggest city it has a hustle and bustle that is great to get away from time to time and catch our breathes.  One highlight from the trip was watching my kids play in the snow for the first time.  Watching them have their first snowball fight and build their first snowman are two things I’ll never forget (thankfully I caught both on camera).  The wildlife in Minnesota was completely different than what we would see and hear in San Diego.  I had never seen Canada Geese before, a beautiful species of bird that we saw both flying overhead and resting in the grass near one of the 10,000 frozen lakes around.  We also saw a blue jay and a cardinal, and both looked so vibrant against the white snow.  My husband said that blue jays are actually quite mean, but regardless they’re still a new favorite of mine.

Lets Go Places with Toyota Highlander

For the trip we were hooked up with a Toyota Highlander.  It checked my boxes for being big and safe, yet easy to drive.  The third row came in extremely handy when we wanted to only take one vehicle around.  That was a great benefit to us on the long drives in the country, but actually even more-so in Minneapolis (where parking isn’t cheap).  I loved our Highlander’s nice curves and sliver color.  I felt great pulling up to the valet in the Highlander on our fancy night out.

Lets Go Places with Toyota Highlander

The Wisconsin Dells was paradise for my kids, they couldn’t get enough of the waterslides and wave pools each day.  I enjoyed it but was eager to see more of the heartland.  I have an affinity for rustic barns and rolling plains.  I wish I could have stopped in and seen a few up-close but we were constantly on the go.

Lets Go Places with Toyota Highlander
I must say that Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and the surrounding suburbs have outstanding food.  I thoroughly enjoyed the local favorites like fried walleye and wild rice soup.  If a restaurant had wild rice as a side, in a soup, or as a salad I was going to order it!   A nice surprise for me were all of the Asian eateries of the Twin Cities.  We visited a Cambodian restaurant that gives those in Southern California a run for their money.

Lets Go Places with Toyota Highlander

All in all it was a great trip.  I can’t wait to get back to that part of the country, although more likely during the summer months next time.  This was my first time driving around a Toyota in a while and I can’t wait to see what they bring to the table next!

Spread the love
  •  Yum

Tasheena @ SimplyTasheena.com
    Mar 26, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Thanks for sharing this post, my mother in-law has this car and she loves it! It’s such a great reliable vehicle to own.

Nita Okoye
    Mar 26, 2018 at 11:23 pm

This looks like a really great vehicle! I have always had a thing for big cars!

robin rue
    Mar 27, 2018 at 2:28 am

I have a Toyota Highlander. I ended up buying one last year after renting one for a week to do a road trip. I absolutely LOVE mine!

Fi Ni Neachtain
    Mar 27, 2018 at 2:32 am

The Toyota Highlander looks amazing! I’m currently looking for something that shape that can keep the kids and all their stuff contained and comfortable on long drives. This looks perfect.

candy
    Mar 27, 2018 at 3:45 am

I remember taking road trips with my parents sometimes for just the day. This car looks like it would be easy to handle and comfortable for those day trips.

Franc Ramon
    Mar 27, 2018 at 3:52 am

The Toyota Highlander would be a really excellent family car. It’s wide, spacious and can be durable for the long rides.

Kelly Reci
    Mar 27, 2018 at 3:56 am

We are actually shopping for a new car and the Toyota Highlander is definitely on our “Top List.” It looks like a great car and we love how reliable it is.

valmg @ Mom Knows It All
    Mar 27, 2018 at 4:20 am

I’ve had a number of SUVs over the years. The Highlander is one that I’ve never had the chance to ride in and I’ve always wanted to try driving.

Amber Myers
    Mar 27, 2018 at 5:19 am

This sounds like it was a fabulous Spring Break. The vehicle sounds nice as well. I like all the space. We could use a new one.

Jeanine
    Mar 27, 2018 at 6:16 am

Looks like a gorgeous vehicle! I wish we drove, something like this would be wonderful for our family. Looks like a really great ride!

Emily
    Mar 27, 2018 at 8:05 am

I live in Wisconsin and the Dells are a great place to visit in Spring! That car would be a great road trip car, and handles the snow covered roads perfectly I am sure.

David L
      Mar 30, 2018 at 9:39 am

Yes, Dells is much better in the summer months because you can go to Noah’s Ark. It’s cool though that the hotels all built indoor water parks for the loooooong winters.

Tomi C
    Mar 27, 2018 at 12:15 pm

So many family road trips and so many memories. The kids will remember this Spring Break for years to come. It helps to have a dependable car and one where the kids can stretch out and not be crowded while riding.

Peter
    Mar 27, 2018 at 3:21 pm

I have heard great things about this vehicle. I wish I had a license would totally buy one.

Penny
    Mar 27, 2018 at 6:21 pm

This sounds ultra familiar. Many of our trips are driving back home {Michigan} instead of more traditional vacation destinations. You totally have to have a comfortable vehicle for those long drives.

Sandy N Vyjay
    Mar 28, 2018 at 4:45 am

You seem to have had a great time and so too the kids. I can understand their excitement when they saw snow for the first time. Staying in a place that does not see snow, I can really feel the thrill.

Debra Hawkins
    Mar 28, 2018 at 7:11 pm

What a fun vacation! My husband wants to go to this area of the country so badly! We might just have to make the trek!

Anosa Malanga
    Mar 29, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Wow, this is indeed a great vacation! I wish I can experience driving a Toyota Highlanders as well. I am so glad you were able to enjoy the local foods too!