Medical Grants Are Available for Children in San Diego #UHCCF

Medical Grants Are Available for Children in San Diego

Great news! If you are a San Diego family who needs financial assistance to help pay for your child’s health care you may be in luck. Just submit a grant application to The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation, and you could receive up to $5,000 per grant! This could go towards treatments, services or equipment not covered or fully covered by your commercial health insurance plan. A qualifying family could receive up to $5,000 per grant with a lifetime maximum of $10,000 per child. This is amazing… we all feel the stress of bills weighing us down, medical bills are often unforeseen and extremely large, making them especially hard to tackle.

These grants provided by The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation will alleviate some of the stress around money and bills and help families focus on what is really important, and that of course is the kids. If this grant doesn’t apply to you then maybe you could forward it along to a family that it does apply to? It’s very wide ranging in the many great things it could go towards, such as medical services and equipment like physical, occupational and speech therapy, counseling services, surgeries, prescriptions, wheelchairs, orthotics, eyeglasses and hearing aids.

It seems like there are great organizations out there that want to help out with all sorts of things, from helping with college tuition, assisting the elderly and this example of giving support for children’s health care. I think the biggest hurdle is awareness and getting the word out to those that need it. On that note please spread the word on #UHCCF, The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation. If you go to their website http://www.uhccf.org/ you’ll not only find the area in which to apply, but also areas for those who want to get involved in supporting this great cause. There are options to donate directly towards the foundation, attend fundraising events taking place across the country and my favorite section which showcases inspiring kids and their stories of overcoming diseases and other challenges. There’s also a section where you can purchase other gifts like the “Olver & Hope” superhero books, or other toys and books whose profits go towards the grants offered by UHCCF.

One final note I’d like to mention that The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation is extremely lean and well managed. Before supporting any foundation I recommend that you make sure a large portion of the money actually goes directly towards the intended cause. I spoke to one children’s organization a number of years back and found out that only 30% of donated funds actually went towards to the kids. The other 70% was wasted on a poorly managed organization, or possibly went to something worse. With UHCCF 95% of the funds you donate will go directly toward the children’s grant, and just a tiny percentage put towards making sure their website stays up and their lights stay on to keep bringing in more money for the kids. That’s one of the highest percentages I have seen of any foundation, and makes me feel 100 times better about supporting this organization. So whether you’re applying for a medical grant or donating to the foundation you can have confidence that you’re dealing with professionals whose hearts are in the right place.

#UHCCF #Sponsored

• Reply Robin Rue Apr 28, 2016 at 3:50 am

That is amazing! Here in Boston, if kids can’t afford treatment at Children’s Hospital – they don’t have to worry about it. They never turn away anyone in need.

• Reply Heather Paulding Apr 28, 2016 at 6:08 am

Great news for those families in need of assistance in the San Diego area!🤗

• Reply Pam Wattenbarger Apr 28, 2016 at 8:48 am

I love that most of the money donated actually goes towards helping children, unlike some organizations. This sounds like a great organization helping kids with medical issues.

• Reply Vera Sweeney Apr 28, 2016 at 9:59 am

I love that programs like this are around for kids and family that needs them! I hadn’t heard of this organization before.

• Reply Sarah Bailey Apr 28, 2016 at 10:38 am

That is such a great idea – I really hope it helps some children in need. x

• Reply Jenn@ EngineerMommy Apr 28, 2016 at 11:36 am

Health care bills can be so high. This is wonderful that they’re providing grants to help families who need help with medical bills. I wish this was available in more cities.

• Reply Liz Mays Apr 28, 2016 at 12:02 pm

This is great news. It’s nice that children and families can get the extra help they need through this foundation.

• Reply Annie Apr 28, 2016 at 12:57 pm

What a great grant to be available for children, glad that families with kids are able to get some medical for their child in some way. Sounds like a great program.

• Reply Lisa Apr 28, 2016 at 1:30 pm

This is a great idea. I can see it being very useful for families with major medical bills.

• Reply Heather S-G Apr 28, 2016 at 1:53 pm

What a fantastic opportunity for those in the San Diego area, I love hearing about this like this. I don’t live anywhere near there, but will remember to pass this on to friends who do!

• Reply Amber Edwards Apr 28, 2016 at 2:53 pm

I’m quite impressed so much money goes towards the children and not the organization! What a blessing to kids in the San Diego area!

• Reply Jeanine Macintosh Apr 28, 2016 at 2:58 pm

this sounds really awesome. its actually nice to hear because the Us healthcare system is still a shock to me, where I live our healthcare is free! so many will benefit from this!

• Reply Brenda Apr 28, 2016 at 4:32 pm

I’m so glad something like this exists! I’m shocked by how much healthcare costs even after insurance. We didn’t have insurance for a while, and it was scary thinking about what might happen.

• Reply xoxobellablog Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 pm

What a great program. I hope that it helps some San Diego families in a big way.

• Reply Sam Sly Apr 28, 2016 at 9:02 pm

I am glad to read about programs like this. Thank you for sharing, this is so helpful for San Diego families.

• Reply Nancy Polanco Apr 29, 2016 at 7:15 am

What a cutie! I love seeing programs like this, so helpful to families in San Diego.

• Reply brittany Apr 29, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Wow this sounds like a great program! Great for families who good use an extra hand.

• Reply Miss Millennia Mag (@MissMillMag) Apr 30, 2016 at 2:21 am

This is great news! I love the programs like this and hope it helps some children in need!