Great news! If you are a San Diego family who needs financial assistance to help pay for your child’s health care you may be in luck. Just submit a grant application to The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation, and you could receive up to $5,000 per grant! This could go towards treatments, services or equipment not covered or fully covered by your commercial health insurance plan. A qualifying family could receive up to $5,000 per grant with a lifetime maximum of $10,000 per child. This is amazing… we all feel the stress of bills weighing us down, medical bills are often unforeseen and extremely large, making them especially hard to tackle.
These grants provided by The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation will alleviate some of the stress around money and bills and help families focus on what is really important, and that of course is the kids. If this grant doesn’t apply to you then maybe you could forward it along to a family that it does apply to? It’s very wide ranging in the many great things it could go towards, such as medical services and equipment like physical, occupational and speech therapy, counseling services, surgeries, prescriptions, wheelchairs, orthotics, eyeglasses and hearing aids.
It seems like there are great organizations out there that want to help out with all sorts of things, from helping with college tuition, assisting the elderly and this example of giving support for children’s health care. I think the biggest hurdle is awareness and getting the word out to those that need it. On that note please spread the word on #UHCCF, The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation. If you go to their website http://www.uhccf.org/ you’ll not only find the area in which to apply, but also areas for those who want to get involved in supporting this great cause. There are options to donate directly towards the foundation, attend fundraising events taking place across the country and my favorite section which showcases inspiring kids and their stories of overcoming diseases and other challenges. There’s also a section where you can purchase other gifts like the “Olver & Hope” superhero books, or other toys and books whose profits go towards the grants offered by UHCCF.
One final note I’d like to mention that The UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation is extremely lean and well managed. Before supporting any foundation I recommend that you make sure a large portion of the money actually goes directly towards the intended cause. I spoke to one children’s organization a number of years back and found out that only 30% of donated funds actually went towards to the kids. The other 70% was wasted on a poorly managed organization, or possibly went to something worse. With UHCCF 95% of the funds you donate will go directly toward the children’s grant, and just a tiny percentage put towards making sure their website stays up and their lights stay on to keep bringing in more money for the kids. That’s one of the highest percentages I have seen of any foundation, and makes me feel 100 times better about supporting this organization. So whether you’re applying for a medical grant or donating to the foundation you can have confidence that you’re dealing with professionals whose hearts are in the right place.