San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC
Spread the love
  • 118
  •  Yum
    118
    Shares

In partnership with Mitsubishi.

The first time I came to visit my husband in San Diego I was quite surprised by its diverse terrain.  I guess I had assumed that the beach areas would be flat at sea level, and that it was only the northern half of California that had the cliffs by the sea.

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC

My husband was quick to show me Torrey Pines and La Jolla Cliffs, two famous spots that are far from flat and that both have high-up views of sea.  As you move east away from the oceans there are actual mountains scattered around the city.  Much of the rest of the city has canyons, valleys and cliffs.  The dessert areas are just a short, east-bound drive away, offering yet another completely different landscape.

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC

The ocean, mountains and dessert each offer their own great adventures.  San Diego is a healthy city packed with surfers, triathletes, mountain bikers and those that love to get a rush from their dessert toys (like quads and dirt bikes).    I would say that my husband is kind of a jack of all trades and master of none when it comes to these sports.  Dabbler of all trades might be a more apt title!

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC Even though he’s not as athletic as many in this city are, I do like that he’s always wanting to take me and the kids on adventures in nature.  This weekend we had the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC as our vehicle to take on some adventure.  What a ride!  It’s becoming quite a popular crossover (CUV) around town so we were excited to try it out.  First we hit up the beach to catch the bioluminescence (a beautiful thing, almost like watching Northern Lights right on the surface of the water!).  The Outlander Sports have enough size to fit my family of four very comfortably and still pack up the trunk with plenty more beach stuff than a car.

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC

Yesterday we took some windy roads up near Escondido and Temecula to check in at some of our favorite local wineries.  The Outlander had great handling on the curves and the optional All Wheel Drive was a huge help on a 50 yard leg of road that was steep, wet and muddy.  A few of the cars in-front of us had to turn back but not us!   Today we visited the Elfin Forest to get in a solid hike with some clean, country air.  We didn’t hit the dessert this time, those trips are less frequent although I’ve been itching to get back for some more Joshua Tree camping.

San Diego Weekend Fun in a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport LE AWC

There’s a lot to like about the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.  For one, the price tag is shockingly low for such a quality CUV. On a related note the fuel efficiency was awesome (up to 24 city / 30 highway).  It had enough gadgets like the backup camera and Apple Carplay  while still being simple from the controls where you don’t have to push twenty buttons to do something simple.  It held its own just fine on our mountain journey, yet it has great curves and gets looks when driving it in-town.  Even the small door to the gas tank looks awesome.  The black rims are a sleek and sexy feature, too.  I wish we had the Outlander Sport for another week or two, as mentioned it’s just a fun drive.  We’ve now driven both the Outlander and Outlander Sport and it’s clear why Mitsubishi is the fastest growing non-luxury brand in the country.  They’re both fun to ride, priced right and are great utility vehicles that fit our active lifestyle.

Spread the love
  • 118
  •  Yum
    118
    Shares

Stacie
    May 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm

That is one sweet ride! I love the styling. It’s the little touches on it that make it so great. I love all the space, too. It looks perfect for my family.

Marysa
    May 14, 2018 at 6:24 pm

What a snazzy car! Looks like a fun car to drive as well as very functional as well. Sounds like you guys had some fun on your road trip – it certainly helps to have a stylish ride!

Joely Smith
    May 14, 2018 at 6:40 pm

That’s a sweet looking ride! Mitsubishi put out some great cars! Love the color and the interior looks really luxe for a tough little car!

Rose Ann Sales
    May 15, 2018 at 12:27 am

Never doubt that Mitsubishi is one of the great car manufacturers in the country. They brought beautiful and innovative designs of cars that are perfect for this kind of road trip.

Melissa Dixon
    May 15, 2018 at 4:15 am

This looks like a beautiful car inside and out. I would love to try this one out for our next trip. It looks like so much fun!

brianne
    May 15, 2018 at 5:08 am

We are in the market for a new car and this looks amazing. And wow what an incredible trip you had!

Ruth I.
    May 15, 2018 at 5:27 am

Love this car. The color and all the features sound amazing! Perfect ride for the whole family!

Vyjay Rao
    May 15, 2018 at 7:27 am

A road trip is always fun. But with a good car, the experience goes to another level. The Mitsubishi Outlander looks excellent for a road trip. Love the design and the styling.

Cat
    May 15, 2018 at 8:17 am

Such a great car! And wonderful views in San Diego! We’ve got to go out there and visit someday soon!

Rachel
    May 15, 2018 at 8:22 am

This looks likea fun time. My brother had an older version of this car and we loved it. We took it on a few trips.

Gemille Sleweon
    May 15, 2018 at 10:04 am

I love the red of the car. Ive never owned a Mitsubishi before, but i remember my mom did when i was little and she always talks about how it was one of the best cars she ever had.

Angela Ricardo Bethea
    May 15, 2018 at 1:20 pm

We definitely could use a bigger vehicle like this outlander for road trips with our 6 months old. Roomy, spacious, and definitely a great look too! I personally love the color on this vehicle.

Lisa Marie Heath
    May 15, 2018 at 4:59 pm

We’ve been wanting a larger vehicle! I love the look of the Outlander and it’s one of our top picks for a new vehicle!

Lynndee
    May 16, 2018 at 7:37 am

That is such a great looking car. I’ve always preferred a SUV or CUV over a sedan as a family car because of the space.

Trina
    May 16, 2018 at 12:57 pm

I’ve heard so many great things about the outlander! we are selling our current car now, so we will be in the market for a new one soon, hoping to talk the hubby into one.

Cherri Megasko
    May 17, 2018 at 9:25 am

I love San Diego! I used to live there and love that it has beaches, dessert and mountains all within an hour’s drive.

Jess
    May 29, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I drove an Outlander a couple of month ago and liked it. I really like this red color better though!