This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RaceDayRelief #CollectiveBias
My husband has suffered from heartburn ever since he was about eighteen years old. It’s one of those things that he would kind of make light of and blame on his appetite for “dude cuisine”, but when I see him wincing after even some lighter meals I knew it’s nothing to joke about. Especially with my career and passion being around food I really don’t want my life partner to be suffering. Because of his stubbornness (and maybe a hint of laziness) he doesn’t take many pills, but I had the opportunity to work with Nexium 24HR (the #1 selling frequent heartburn brand*) and figured he was the perfect person to try it out. I like that Nexium 24HR is a 1 pill per day solution which gives protection all day and all night. My husband tested out Nexium and said that it seemed to work for him, he didn’t have heartburn any of the days that he used it. He is better now about avoiding certain foods that also consuming those that are naturally soothing, but that only goes so far and to have a simple solution at-hand in Nexiums a great option for him.
Tips on Preventing and Managing Heartburn:
- Limiting acidic and spicy foods
- Avoid drink with caffeine and carbonated
- Eat meals at least 2-3 hours before bed time
- Never skip a meal
- Eating foods high in fiber
My Non Greasy Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe is a favorite of mine as you get delicious, crispy chicken without anything fried or greasy (also helpful to avoid heartburn). The chicken skin is so crunchy, my kids want to eat the skin first off of each piece before eating the rest. It’s a great dish for this time of year; with madness in the air for basketball and some awesome races coming up. Look for Ty Dillion at the Duck Commander 500 on April 9th, he’ll be driving the Nexium car for that race but the Advil car later this year. Kick back and enjoy some drumsticks, make sure you make enough as these can be wildly popular, especially since they’re a guilt-free healthy alternative to fried chicken.
Also check out: HEALTHY BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS (AKA CHICKEN STRIPS)
crispy oven baked chicken legs with buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks, medium size, skinned
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning/poultry seasoning, I used Kick'n Chicken Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh juice from ½ lemon
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce or habanero sauce
- For coating :
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- For Marinade, place chicken in a medium bowl then season with salt, all purpose seasoning/poultry seasoning, paprika, onion, garlic powder, black pepper and thyme. Pour in the buttermilk and lemon juice over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes, panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes, sweet paprika.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a gridded rack on a baking pan and lightly spray with oil.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge then dredge each piece in the crumb mixture. Do this quickly to prevent a soggy crumb mixture.
- Place each piece onto the rack and spray the tops of the chicken with oil.
- Bake thoroughly until chicken is cooked through and outside is crisp and golden brown (for about 45 minutes - 1 hour).
- Serve and enjoy.
Click here to print Nexium24HR coupon. You can find Nexium24HR at Walmart
This pregnancy I get heartburn when I eat just about anything! It's awful. I've not tried Nexium before, my doctor has me on something else that doesn't work unless I take a big dose. That chicken, looks AMAZING. I love chicken and I love it when its like this! yum
Congratulations on your pregnancy !
I use nexium like it is going out of style! One every single morning! I get heartburn over everything! It's miserable.
I have never been able to get anything that crispy out of the oven! I am going to have to give your recipe a try and see if mine turns out as well.
let me know how it goes
Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest
My husband have had to give up a lot of fried foods as we try to lose weight. I think this recipe would make a good replacement for fried chicken in our lineup!
You can skip the bread crumbs and use corn flakes only for this recipe
Wow! how do you take such beautiful pictures of food!! It is like have the plate in front of me! BTW, I've not tired Nexium but sounds like a good product.
Thank you. You can pick up some Nexium at Walmart 🙂
Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen
I'm having heart burns too sometimes. This is a delicious healthy recipe.
better alternative, i prefer this than fried
Yummy!! Your non fried baked chicken looks delicious!!
Oven fried chicken is one of my favorite things to cook! Its so easy and so yummy as well. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!