Orange Green Amino Punch – Recovery Drink Recipe

I wanted to do a follow-up on  Isopure Aminos BCAA’s Powder the post workout recovery drink that I raved about a week or two back.  When I wrote that article I was very excited about High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts and being able to cram a tougher routine into a shorter time period.  Having a post recovery drink has helped me immensely, but how much.  Over the last few nights I gave it some more thought and remembered a couple of years back when I’d go for a run or a tough day lifting and wouldn’t use a recovery drink at all.  My body would be so sore and I wouldn’t be able to use certain muscles at even a 30% level in the day or two that followed.  I would chalk it up to a hard workout, and then rotate other body parts into my workout rotation until that area felt better.  Now that I am using Isopure Aminos BCAA’s Powder to get amino acids it is a completely different story.  Sure I am sore after the workout, I see this as a good thing and a sign that I worked hard.  There is however a noticeable difference in recovery time, and I am able to use my muscles again faster and at a higher level.

Support Muscle Recovery and Reduce Soreness with Isopure Aminos

There is a plethora of benefits for mind and body in Isopure Aminos BCAA’s Powder as mentioned in my previous article, but I think that one of the best things about taking a recovery drink is that you’re getting yourself into more of a pattern and routine around health.  Some people, myself included can justify blowing off a workout for any number of excuses (trust me, I have made up many over the years!).  When you build in extra steps to maximize the impact of your efforts it all becomes something much harder to break.  For pre-workout activities I like to prep my gym bag the night before if possible with a clean towel, possibly load up some new workout tunes each week.  For post-workout activities I like to do some extra stretches, even if only for 90 seconds.  I also massage out shin splints (sometimes in the shower just for 30 seconds, it goes a long way).  Lastly I prep a post workout recovery drink.  I sometimes crave it during my workout!  It is actually that tasty.  I think that I’ve found the best BCAA’s supplement  on the market in Isopure Aminos BCAA’s Powder.  Mixing up the drink that you prep can keep you motivated and keep things fun.  It’s great to get into routines but just like working out you need to switch it up, keep things new and keep things fun.

Below is a post recovery workout drink recipe that I think you’ll really enjoy.  Please leave any feedback on the recipe or your experiences with Isopure Aminos BCAA’s Powder.

Orange Green Amino Punch - Recovery Drink Recipe
Author: Posh Journal
Ingredients
  • 2 Cups of Orange Juice
  • 1 Cup of Green Chard
  • 1 Cucumber
  • 1 Cup of Celery
  • 1 Scoop of Isopure Amino Punch
  • 1 inch of Ginger
Instructions
  1. Put all ingredients in a blender
  2. Blend until smooth

Isopure Aminos BCAA’s Powder – “Not All Amino Acids are Created Equal”

Don’t forget to follow Isopure

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/isopure
Twitter: https://twitter.com/isopurecompany
Instagram: http://instagram.com/isopurecompany
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/isopure/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/theisopurecompany?feature=results_main

Disclaimer : This post is sponsored by Isopure.

• Reply Jeanette Sep 30, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I should do something like this for myself. I am starting to work out more and I am SOOO tired and tired muscles after. I will have to try it.

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Sep 30, 2015 at 8:34 pm

I’d love to give this stuff a try. Amino acids are the building blocks of muscle.

• Reply Jenn Sep 30, 2015 at 10:27 pm

That looks like a great smoothie. Not only will it help with recovery but it also gets your greens in too

• Reply Robin Masshole Mommy Sep 30, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I workout hard, so I love tasty recovery drinks. I am going to have to give this one a try.

• Reply Liz Mays Oct 1, 2015 at 12:31 am

This would be an awesome power drink. I bet my daughter could use one of these for her workouts too.

• Reply Michelle Oct 1, 2015 at 1:44 am

I just received the results of a blood test and it made me realize that I need to start eating better. I also need to exercise more and this drink would help me with both of these goals. Thank you for sharing.

• Reply lisa Oct 1, 2015 at 2:28 am

I really need to try this Isopure Aminos. I do the protein shake after my daily workouts but I still think I need something more.

• Reply ronleyba (@ronley_ph) Oct 1, 2015 at 10:52 am

Love this drink. Awesome. Hope I can get a taste of it too!

• Reply Megan Elford Oct 1, 2015 at 11:10 am

Looks like a really healthy and restorative drink for after workouts. This is the first time I’ve heard of Isopure Aminos, but it looks like a great product!

• Reply Annemarie LeBlanc Oct 1, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Thanks for the recipe. We all could use some added amino acids in our drinks. Some people think that amino acid supplements are only for those doing heavy exercise or for body builders only, but we should remember that amino acids are essential for everyone’s muscle health.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Oct 1, 2015 at 1:56 pm

What a healthy drink. I might try your recipe one day, I love that it has ginger and other greens!

• Reply Jeanine Oct 1, 2015 at 3:17 pm

I would love to try this stuff! I have been pretty naughty with my food and drinks lately, this would be great.

• Reply Jennifer Oct 1, 2015 at 4:00 pm

You know, I’m normally pretty leery of green drinks, but I’m pretty intrigued that it has orange juice in it. I love orange juice! I might just have to try this. We’ve been working out more and I think it could really help those sore muscles!

• Reply Dogvills Oct 1, 2015 at 4:45 pm

That looks refreshing and delicious. This will be great after an intense workout.

• Reply Lynndee Oct 1, 2015 at 5:53 pm

That looks like an interesting drink. I don’t think I’ve ever had a drink with green chard in it. I’ve never tried Isopure Amino Punch either. I would like to try it though.

• Reply sicorra Oct 1, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Congrats on finding a drink that helps you feel better after your workouts. I love smoothies, but I personally find that whey protein makes me feel quite lousy, so I have switched to a rice protein, and I feel much better drinking that.

• Reply Shanéy Maharaj Oct 1, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Eeeek I’ve never had a drink like this before, not sure what to expect but sounds healthy. 😉 Might just try it.

• Reply Gallivanting The Globe Oct 1, 2015 at 6:33 pm

I notice a huge difference if I’m feeding my body after a workout.

• Reply Ann Bacciaglia Oct 1, 2015 at 7:21 pm

This sounds like a great recovery drink. I will have to share this with my Son. He has started to lift weights so it would be perfect for him.

• Reply Cara (@StylishGeek) Oct 1, 2015 at 10:00 pm

That drinks looks so delish and healthy. Thanks for sharing your Orange Green Amino Punch Recovery Drink Recipe. Must give it a try!

• Reply Shaylee @ Data Nerds Oct 1, 2015 at 10:48 pm

This sounds perfect for after a workout! And your photos are great!

• Reply tara pittman Oct 1, 2015 at 11:00 pm

I need to look into aminos. I have never heard of them but I might need them once I can run again

• Reply Mandie Stevens Oct 2, 2015 at 1:05 am

I have everything but the 1 Scoop of Isopure Amino Punch! I will have to get it and make this.

• Reply danaventod Oct 2, 2015 at 2:53 am

I was always curious what the RECOVERY thing was or looked like when made. Now I know

• Reply Ourfamilyworld Oct 2, 2015 at 2:53 am

That drink looks absolutely yummy. I should try Isopure. This will be perfect after an intense workout.

• Reply Karlyn Cruz Oct 2, 2015 at 3:53 am

I will definitely have to try this. It looks a little gross but most health drinks do.

• Reply Shannon P Oct 2, 2015 at 4:04 am

I’m glad you’re enjoying it so much!

• Reply Claudette Esterine Oct 2, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Happy that you found another smoothie that you really love! Sure there will be more to discover so enjoy the ride! 🙂

• Reply Erin (@SugarCrumbs) Oct 2, 2015 at 1:06 pm

Oh awesome, I’m definitely going to have to check this out, I love smoothies!

• Reply Manu Kalia Oct 2, 2015 at 1:21 pm

This drink is so powerful, it can recover you from those hard workout. Loving this drink.

• Reply Elizabeth O. Oct 2, 2015 at 4:51 pm

This sounds like a drink that’s packed with all the right stuff for working out! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Reply Rosey Oct 2, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Glad to hear your recovery ti e is faster. This sounds good to me!

• Reply CourtneyLynne Oct 2, 2015 at 8:46 pm

This drink sounds like something I need in my life! Anything to give me a little extra kick in the day would be great!

• Reply Tiffany Hathorn Oct 3, 2015 at 1:59 am

This reminds me that I really should make more of an effort to work out on a regular basis. Lol! I agree that sometimes you need to try something a little different to mix it up a bit.

• Reply Shann Eva Oct 3, 2015 at 4:45 am

Yum. Sounds like a great drink for recovery. I’ve been working out more, so I could use this.