#Roadpoints Teenage Driver Monitor – Challenge your Teen Driver to Keep Safe

RoadPoints Teenage Driver Monitor

RoadPoints Teenage Driver Monitor – Challenge your Teen Driver to Keep Safe

It can be scary out there on the roads these days. People seem to be driving more erratically, faster and definitely with more distractions. I am most stressed on the highway but even side-streets feel a little less safe on compared to even five or ten years ago. My kids are not yet able to drive but I the nerves around it have already crept in for those days ahead. I want my kids to have their full attention on the roads as that is what it takes these days. Especially for a teenager new to being behind the wheel, they need to be mindful of all of the elements around them and to drive responsibly. When I myself was a teenager I had so much on my mind and safety wasn’t as high a priority as it is to me today. School, work and regular teenage life was always on my mind, plus there was of course peer pressure at that age too. All of this would sometimes result in me taking my mind off the road and speeding. Well I was fortunate not to be involved in any accidents at that time, but it’s a serious problem that sadly happens far-too often. In-fact over 5,000 teens ages 16 to 20 years old die due to fatal injuries caused by car accidents each year.

Download the application and use code “RIKA”  for 50% off the subscription price for the first 3 months after the month of free trial.

Well there’s something that you can now do as a parent to help your kids driver more safely, even when you’re not in the car with them. It does not entail taking the car away from them, or chaperoning 100% of their activities for all of those years. This is a far-less intrusive solution that they might actually like as much as you. It’s RoadPoints, a tool that tracks their driving and rewards them for the right type of driving. You’ll both be able to monitor how they are driving, and if they are doing a great job you can reward them. If they speed, swerve in their lanes or have other driving behavior that isn’t safe it affects their DriveScore and can reduce their reward. Brilliant! That’s such a win-win. I know that had that been around when I was a teen I would have been all over it, trying to max out my score and getting some extra dough just for driving safe. It’s almost like a game, too. I’m sure a lot of teens try to beat their score from the prior month or someone they know. That adds some fun to it all and a whole game element that teens love more than ever.

The whole user experience of RoadPoints is so easy, too. Just have a quick conversation about it with them (they’ll likely be all over it!), then download the app to their phone. Using GPS it will then start tracking many different metrics that you can monitor. It can send them a report card and send me a full report as frequent as I’d like. RoadPoints prides itself on privacy, too. I love how their website says exactly how the company uses your data and how it doesn’t use it for anything else.

In short RoadPoints has a great mission that I fully back and they are providing a solution that is affective and easy to use. It is also a rare product that both kids and parents will actually agree on and find mutually beneficial. J Bravo!

• Reply Chanelle Oct 4, 2015 at 6:57 pm

I have a 15 year old in the house. Thank you so much for this post. I will definitely check this out.

• Reply patricemfoster Oct 4, 2015 at 7:09 pm

WOW, never know Apps like these exist need to share with my daughter and friends comforting for Parents thanks for sharing.

• Reply Jacqui Odell Oct 4, 2015 at 10:24 pm

I have a niece that is driving and this would be great for her. It makes me so nervous.

• Reply Claudette Esterine Oct 4, 2015 at 11:18 pm

I have no family member of this age but will share with friends who do.

• Reply Annemarie LeBlanc Oct 4, 2015 at 11:45 pm

Looks like a great app to have when there are teenage drivers in the house. Thanks for sharing. My kids are all young adults and are responsible drivers. I will let my sister know about this. Her 19 year old daughter just started driving.

• Reply shanzy1 Oct 5, 2015 at 12:54 am

Cool. I would have personally had a hard time with this as a teenager because the last thing I wanted was more monitoring by my parents. However, I can see that if the rewards for scoring were things that I wanted (cash, earning the right to do something etc.) then I would have definitely given it a shot! I will share this with the families I work with. Thanks!

• Reply Amber NElson Oct 5, 2015 at 2:14 am

my daughter doesn’t want to drive so we will be good here for awhile.

• Reply Shann Eva Oct 5, 2015 at 2:27 am

So great to learn about this. My boys will be teens before I know it.

• Reply victoria Oct 5, 2015 at 6:06 am

I never heard about this App but it looks a great app. my son would love this. I will check this out.

• Reply Ourfamilyworld Oct 5, 2015 at 6:54 am

This sounds like a great app. I have a teenager and he could use this. Thanks for sharing the code.

• Reply Elizabeth O. Oct 5, 2015 at 8:19 am

I like this app, I’d like to share this with my girls. It’s really cool!

• Reply danavento Oct 5, 2015 at 3:59 pm

This is a great idea, I have heard of a few of these, will have to look at this one in detail

• Reply Jaclyn Anne Oct 5, 2015 at 7:09 pm

This sounds like a great app! Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Ms. Katrina Oct 5, 2015 at 8:10 pm

I know a few adults who could probably use a little monitoring of their driving habits too.

• Reply Shannon P Oct 5, 2015 at 8:22 pm

This is great, and I could definitely think of a few people who arent teens that need this as well!

• Reply Maria Oct 5, 2015 at 9:14 pm

What an interesting and helpful app! I’m sure adults could use this app as well, but I could see me using this for my kids when they reach driving age.

• Reply Jessie Oct 5, 2015 at 11:03 pm

It sounds like an interesting app. And I imagine it would be great for adults learning to drive too.

• Reply Katie Reed Oct 6, 2015 at 4:21 am

This sounds like a very good app to have. I am all for anything that helps teens to become safer drivers. Having a teen driver can be very nerve wrecking, I am sure.

• Reply geaninecilenti Oct 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Teen driving and safety hits very close to home for my family. I am not looking forward to the day my kids get their license I am actually paranoid. This app does look like it will alleviate some of my stress, thank you for sharing.

• Reply Deanna Oct 21, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Looks like an awesome app for parents of teens.

• Reply April G Nov 4, 2015 at 2:31 am

Thankfully, I have a few years before I think of this for my preteen. I’m not ready… I’m not ready!