Samsung Gear VR — the Best in Virtual Reality in a Stellar

Samsung Mobile Gear VR

Samsung Gear VR — the Best in Virtual Reality in a Stellar

It wasn’t too long ago that I went to an aerospace museum and got to try out a virtual reality simulator.  It was about $20 for just 5 or 10 minutes, not too cheap but hey, it was virtual reality and by-far the richest simulator experience I’d ever had!  In no way did I feel as though I was looking at a screen, I felt as though I was really flying the plane and above me, with objects in motion on all sides.  I knew that the virtual reality industry was moving forward which makes perfect sense as it to me is completely synonymous with futuristic technology. I’m thrilled to have learned that this same technology is now available for everyday use, (and won’t cost me hundreds of dollars if I want to use it for an hour, which I definitely do)!

Samsung Mobile June

The timing couldn’t be better with Father’s Day right around the corner to pick up the Samsung Gear VR, which has Oculus and Samsung teaming up to bring the latest in virtual reality.  There are two things that I like best about this product.  For one, the technology is on another level.  It has amazing quality and is easy to connect to your Samsung Galaxy smart phone.  The second thing about this product that makes it a game changer  is the wide range of applications that it can be used for.  From full length movies to shows, games of course, live streaming games films and video clips, 1 million videos, and the exciting Twitch platform for gamers.  You can even view your own movie files. Also, the environments to choose from also vary and are customizable.

Right now you can even get the Samsung Gear VR absolutely free plus $50 of Virtual Reality content with purchase, or lease, and activation of select Samsung Smartphones.  That amazing deal is good 6/5-6/18 online or in Best Buy stores.  I know that personally I’d opt for some racing and flying virtual reality games, probably some of my favorite live music performances too as with Gear VR and the Oculus Video app you are put right in the middle of the action.

Disclaimer:  The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free

• Reply Rebecca Swenor Jun 14, 2016 at 1:01 am

The Samsung Gear VR would make for a great father’s day gift. I know my brother in law and my sons father would indeed love one of these because they are both gamers. Thanks for sharing the idea.

• Reply Jeanette Jun 14, 2016 at 5:59 am

Just in time for Father’s Day for sure! I know my hubby would love something like this for Father’s Day. He loves all his little electronic gadgets.

• Reply Mitch Jun 14, 2016 at 6:30 am

I had no idea that there was virtual reality for the home! I thought you had to go our to a fun center like Dave and Busters for this experience! What a great gift this is!

• Reply Katrina | TOTSFamily.com Jun 14, 2016 at 6:34 am

I cannot believe you can buy VR equipment. I feel like we are in an episode of The Jetsons.

• Reply Sarah Jun 14, 2016 at 6:46 am

This is just such a cool device to have for the tech lover!

• Reply Jenn @ EngineerMommy Jun 14, 2016 at 9:43 am

This looks like the best gift for Dad this Father’s Day! I love this special offer. I’m totally going to consider purchasing this for my husband and my father!!

• Reply Liz Mays Jun 14, 2016 at 11:55 am

This is so neat. I totally have to try out the VR at some point. I know it would make an amazing gift!

• Reply Chrishelle Ebner Jun 14, 2016 at 12:31 pm

My husband would love a pair of those VR simulator. He and my son would play for hours. They definitely love their high tech toys.

• Reply Pam Jun 14, 2016 at 12:52 pm

These are so cool. I love the idea of virtual reality and it’s so cool to see Samsung making it a reality.

• Reply Jeanine Jun 14, 2016 at 3:19 pm

These are really cool! The VR simulator my husband just announced he would LOVE! Wish I knew this before, I would love to get him something like that for his birthday coming up!

• Reply Bella Jun 14, 2016 at 5:38 pm

What a great product, I can’t wait to get my hands on it. These really would be the ultimate Fathers day gift.

• Reply Bonnie @wemake7 Jun 14, 2016 at 6:16 pm

What an awesome gift this would make for dad this year. I guess I better hurry up and purchase it.

• Reply Robin Ruehrwein Jun 15, 2016 at 4:32 am

This looks like such an amazing product. My husband would love it as a Father’s Day gift.

• Reply Jeni Jun 15, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I currently have the S5 and have been looking into getting the newest S7. The Samsung Gear is quite a bargain considering if you purchase it now you get it for free. Paycheck comes in tomorrow so we’ll see what we decide!

• Reply Inspiring Kitchen Jun 15, 2016 at 6:11 pm

This is so timely as I still haven’t thought of a gift for the hubs. This is such a great deal from Samsung and the Oculus sounds really cool.

• Reply Jeni Hawkins Jun 16, 2016 at 8:44 pm

OMG I need this! I need a new phone and will definitely be checking it out. Those reality glasses are wicked cool, too.

• Reply Jasmine Watts Jun 17, 2016 at 2:00 am

This looks like a great gift idea for Father’s Day gift. I need to check out this amazing product!!

• Reply Anosa Jun 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm

I love this concept of virtual reality at home, this would make an awesome Father’s Day gift

• Reply Adrienne Jun 20, 2016 at 5:47 pm

These are some good looking gadgets! I definitely want to try the Oculus goggles!