Seas the Day with Discover Boating!

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!
Spread the love
  •  Yum

This post is sponsored by Discover Boating but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.

I have lived in San Diego for the better part of the decade now, and although I love its beaches and coastal communities, I have rarely had the chance to get out on a boat to enjoy the big blue.

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!
Last month my husband asked if we should take the kids out and go on a fishing expedition and I was all for it.  We took a charter out of Dana Point, a gorgeous city about an hour north of San Diego.

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!Although my husband grew up in Minnesota he doesn’t have a big background on fishing, so we were happy to catch a 30-minute lesson for the kids before we embarked.  We also checked out some of the educational resources at www.discoverboating.com, including a guide and other stuff geared towards beginners like us.

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!

Our excursion made everything easy for us, from the fishing licenses to the rods and other gear we were all set up.  That left more time for us to just enjoy the waves, sunshine and views.

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!

My favorite part might have been taking in the views of the coast, while my husband and kids definitely got into the fishing.  Others on the boat caught more fish than us, but I doubt anyone had more fun!

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!

There’s a whole world of boating out there and I’m excited to soon embark on more journeys.  We need to fish more around these parts of the coast, and there are some nice lakes and reservoirs around as well.  There are so many different avenues for boating, and www.discoverboating.com has a wide range of tools, videos and helpful programs to help:

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!

• Go Boating Today tool:Find local boat rentals, clubs and more near you!
  • Boat Selector tool : Curious about owning a boat? Find what type of boat fits your lifestyle and budget.
  • Video Vault Explore video content about the boating lifestyle with how to videos, boating basics and more.
  • Youth Boating Programs:Find programs close to home and the right fit for your child.
  • Boat Loan Calculator:Calculate what it might cost to finance a boat. Some entry-level boats can be financed for less than $250 a month.

Seas the Day with Discover Boating!

Spread the love
  •  Yum

Stacie
    Jun 27, 2018 at 2:28 pm

That looks like so much fun! Nothing beats getting out on the water. It’s a great way to spend the day.

Reesa Lewandowski
    Jun 27, 2018 at 5:30 pm

We are a big fishing family, so boating is right up our alley. What wonderful pictures!

leah
    Jun 27, 2018 at 5:56 pm

I love fishing!! I would love to go deep sea fishing one day. It’s a bucket list item for me!

Emily
    Jun 27, 2018 at 6:15 pm

I grew up in Carlsbad and miss the beach and North County San Diego so much! Although Dana Point is more North than that it is all beautiful! I love boating and the water. Now that I live in Wisconsin luckily we get out on the water a ton with Lake Michigan and all of the surrounding lakes. I would miss going out on boats and having beach time without some water near by.

Joely Smith
    Jun 27, 2018 at 7:21 pm

I love boating! My son just got a boat this year although I have not been out this year yet. I loved boating with my family as a kid!
    I am so glad your family had such a great time!

Trina
    Jun 27, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Such great pictures, so beautiful! My family loves boating, we are part of a boat membership and heading out on the gulf waters is our favorite way to spend the day!

Heather
    Jun 28, 2018 at 6:53 am

Oh, how fun! I would love to do something like this with the family, of course not too far from shore, but far out enough to really appreciate the ocean. It’s so great to still be able to explore things where you live.

Dina Demarest
    Jun 28, 2018 at 10:51 am

Aww my grandpa taught me to fish. We take the kids fishing almost every summer. It’s so relaxing.

Esther Irish
    Jun 28, 2018 at 10:52 am

I love to get out on the water! Looks like a great way to spend the day with family.

Sara Welch
    Jun 28, 2018 at 8:45 pm

That is a really gorgeous location. I love the boat choice too!

Kita Bryant
    Jun 28, 2018 at 8:46 pm

I would very much enjoy a trip like this. It looks so relaxing.