Shortlist Beauty Skincare: Less Is More

Shortlist Beauty Skincare: Less Is More

I’m sharing #Shortlist in my life as part of a Shortlist sponsored series for Socialstars™. Today, I am going to introduce Shortlist Beauty and their new Shortlist skincare system.  As part of my partnership with ShortlistBeauty, I was lucky enough to experience the simple remedy to complex skin care, from products that prove “less is more”. The two skin products I used are Shortlist Serum and Shortlist Cream. The two products are quite potent alone, but even more powerful when paired together:  I am really excited to share the results with you!

Shortlist Beauty Skincare: Less Is More . Shortlist Cream

We’ve all heard the phrase “you are what you eat.”  People sometimes forget that a similar rule holds true to our skin.  What we apply to our skin is ingested and absorbed and becomes part of us, much like food.  That said it is crucial to be selective on skin care products.  There are many on the market to choose from, so finding the right ones can be an overwhelming process.  One of the most important steps you should take before buying a new beauty product is taking a  look at the ingredient list (much like you do with food).  I prefer products that are made with simple ingredients, no fillers, no parabens and no sulfates.  As the name suggests, Shortlist has very few ingredients listed (for example Shortlist cream has 9 ingredients, the average for skincare products is over 30 ingredients!).  Shortlist even stays clear of adding colorants and fragrances, something that’s quite rare.

Shortlist Beauty Skincare: Less Is More . Shortlist Cream

I was excited to partner with Shortlist with their philosophy on ingredients.  Healthy ingredients are not enough as many of those types of products are just not that effective.  That said here are some key benefits from the Shortlist product I received:

The Serum acts as a moisturizer to repair existing dry and damaged skin.  I suffer from both of these myself and have seen how serums moisturize extremely well.  This serum has both Niacinamide (vitamin B3) and Glycerin to strengthen the skin and retain long lasting moisture.  It also has Hyaluronic acid which holds more than 1,000 times its weight in water.

shortlist-beauty-skincare-less-is-more
The Cream actually helps a complex process of increasing surface cell turnover, which helps rejuvenate the skin and diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles. The cells repair with the added moisture and signs of aging are reduced.  With Retinyl Propionate the Shortlist cream decreases the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone (all three of which I’m all too familiar with).  The glycerin keeps the moisture lasting a long time, much like the serum.

As an adult woman, my skin care routine is one of the most important daily steps I take in trying to stay youthful and healthy. I have become more proactive in my skincare as I learned that preventative measures are always an easier road than those that are reactive.  Some of the main skin concerns I have personally run up against are uneven skin tones, black spots due to sun damage, fine lines, and dry skin.  Although I have a routine for my daily skincare, it is flexible and always changing due to the seasons, travel, age, and of course how my skin is reacting to what I’m doing.  Monitoring my skin and changing up my routine when needed has really helped to change my skin to look much better.  While summer is a wonderful time of year, the sun definitely takes its toll.  Wearing sunscreen daily is a start, and taking things further with a good skin care routine can help repair damaged skin and prevent signs of aging. This is why I am so excited to try the new Shortlist Beauty skincare systems are made of a few ingredients, so simple with no fillers.

Shortlist Beauty Skincare: Less Is MoreOn a final note, I appreciate that Shortlist Beauty products make it a point for their products to work well for everyone, regardless of ethnicity or skin type.  More companies should strive for the same and integrate research and testing to make sure their products aren’t geared for just one type of person.  It sure makes life easier for many of us and also increases their customer base, a definite win-win.

Learn more about Shortlist Beauty here!

Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle
    Jun 29, 2017 at 9:06 am

This sounds like great stuff. I’ve been looking for a new skincare line, and I think this is definitely worth a try. Thanks!

Joely Smith
    Jun 29, 2017 at 12:23 pm

It IS nice that it works for all skin types and all ethnicities! I am curious – and Maybe I did miss it in the post but is this line cruelty-free? With all the natural ingredients I bet it is!
    I do love the pretty packaging too – I know that does not truly matter BUT I do love pretty packaging 🙂
    I love learning about new to ME skin care! Thanks for telling us about it!

Jennifer Van Huss
    Jun 29, 2017 at 3:15 pm

I have never heard of a brand like!! I love the way it sounds! I’ll have to check for it in my local store!

Jeni
    Jun 29, 2017 at 3:45 pm

This looks like an awesome beauty brand. Great ingredients, great packaging, I really want to try the cream.

Crystal
    Jun 29, 2017 at 5:44 pm

It’s crazy how many ingredients are in a typical skin care product! I was horrible at self care when I was younger but as I get older (and am exhausted from kids!) I am trying to take better care of my skin!

Kelly Hutchinson
    Jun 29, 2017 at 7:47 pm

As I get older, I have found my skin care routine is important. This looks like a great product line for my skin!

Christy Maurer
    Jun 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm

I have never heard of this brand, but it looks like great quality. I agree that less is more. Fewer ingredients and fewer steps are really important to me!

Jennifer G
    Jun 30, 2017 at 6:03 am

I haven’t heard of this brand before in my life. It looks as though it would be great to try out. I need a new skin care routine so I may have to try this out and work it into an ongoing routine.

Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place
    Jun 30, 2017 at 9:29 am

I have honestly never tried this before and it sounds like an amazing brand that truly cares about their customers. I’d love to try this, if I had the chance!

Echo
    Jun 30, 2017 at 3:39 pm

I am always on the hunt for awesome skincare products. I love that it works on all types of skin as well.

Jaime Nicole
    Jun 30, 2017 at 5:10 pm

I have never heard of Shortlist but it looks awesome! I will have to give it a try – I have very sensitive skin so maybe it would work for me!

Angela Bethea
    Jul 1, 2017 at 10:00 am

I totally agree with the idea that Less is More and you are what you eat. Shortlist products sounds really nice. Love to check it out.

Shaney Vijendranath
    Jul 2, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Your pictures are stunning! They definitely get my attention and because of that, I want to try the product. Hopefully the brand will come to SA soon.

Kiwi
    Jul 3, 2017 at 2:04 am

I actually do look at the back of my beauty ingredients like I do my food. You would be surprised how many harmful chemicals are in these products that are supposed to help your skin but does more harm.

Misty Nelson Dawn
    Jul 3, 2017 at 9:00 am

I’m always finding for a good skin care and glad you share this I love the packaging and it looks great products

OnTap | Tastemaker Feed: When Less is Totally More
    Jul 5, 2017 at 12:01 pm

[…] blogger Rika tells us “What we apply to our skin is ingested and absorbed and becomes part of us, much […]

darlene avila
    Jul 19, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I would love to try this.

Laurie Miller
    Jul 20, 2017 at 8:15 am

I am always looking for a good skin care regiment. What stores sell Shortlist?

Vicky
    Jul 20, 2017 at 11:26 pm

Looking forward to trying this!

Christen
    Jul 21, 2017 at 3:51 pm

This stuff is totally new to me. I love the look of the bottle. It says it’s only made with the simplest ingredients nothing extra… now that my kind of cream…

Judith Gustafson
    Jul 22, 2017 at 4:43 pm

This brand is new to me. I’m always trying something new and will put this on my list. It sounds like something healthy for my face. We’ll see…,,

Yesenia Rosado
    Jul 25, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Can’t wait to try this soon sounds amazing

Patricia Housman
    Jul 27, 2017 at 7:05 pm

ShortList sounds like a product that many of us should try. We are all attempting to put more into less time and two products verses several would be a great change. This would be a great product to try.

Debra