Shrimp Sandwich with Carrot Pickle
My son was craving for some shrimp yesterday, and since he is not a big fan of rice or noodles I was a bit stumped on what to make. I decided to make him a shrimp sandwich as he’s never met a sandwich he didn’t love. I cooked up the shrimp using leftover coconut milk and some shredded carrots that I had in my fridge. The result was a sandwich that had brought together a taste that was sweet, sour and rich in flavor. I personally love how these go down with a cold brew, I think it’s perfect to have while a football game.
I cooked the shrimp long enough to have a nice crisp to them, which gave a little crunch alongside the carrots. I love how they brighten up sandwiches and salads in both color and taste.
I love making my own spicy mayo, it’s fun to play with the ingredients a bit, try adding more ginger, garlic or Siracha based on your liking (I’m a huge ginger fan and love garlic on everything, so I tend to add in more than recipes call for on those two ingredients).
- 10 Shrimp
- 2 Tablespoon of Coconut Milk
- Pinch of Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Sandwich Bread
- For Pickled Carrots:
- 1 cup of shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup of Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- Spicy Mayo :
- 4 Tablespoon of Mayo
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Siracha
- Toppings :
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
- Add shrimps and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes
- Add coconut milk, paprika, sea salt and cook for another 1 minute
- For Pickle : Mixed all pickle carrot ingredients with your hands until they begin to soften
- For Spicy Mayo : Combine Mayo, Lemon Juice, Ginger and Minced Garlic in a small bowl then stir.
- Spread mayonnaise over bottom of each sandwich bun. Layer the bun with fresh lettuce, shrimp and carrots . Be sure to squeeze dry the carrot before placing into the sandwich to prevent them from getting soggy