Shrimp Sandwich with Pickle

Coconut Shrimp Sandwich with Carrot Pickle

Shrimp Sandwich with Carrot Pickle

My son was craving for some shrimp yesterday, and since he is not a big fan of rice or noodles I was a bit stumped on what to make. I decided to make him a shrimp sandwich as he’s never met a sandwich he didn’t love.  I cooked up the shrimp using leftover coconut milk and some shredded carrots that I had in my fridge.  The result was a sandwich that had brought together a taste that was sweet, sour and rich in flavor.  I personally love how these go down with a cold brew, I think it’s perfect to have while a football game.

I cooked the shrimp long enough to have a nice crisp to them, which gave a little crunch alongside the carrots.  I love how they brighten up sandwiches and salads in both color and taste.

I love making my own spicy mayo, it’s fun to play with the ingredients a bit, try adding more ginger, garlic or Siracha based on your liking (I’m a huge ginger fan and love garlic on everything, so I tend to add in more than recipes call for on those two ingredients).

Coconut Shrimp Sandwich with Carrot Pickle
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of ginger
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of minced garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon of Siracha
  • Toppings :
  • Lettuce
Instructions
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
  2. Add shrimps and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes
  3. Add coconut milk, paprika, sea salt and cook for another 1 minute
  4. For Pickle : Mixed all pickle carrot ingredients with your hands until they begin to soften
  5. For Spicy Mayo : Combine Mayo, Lemon Juice, Ginger and Minced Garlic in a small bowl then stir.
  6. Spread mayonnaise over bottom of each sandwich bun. Layer the bun with fresh lettuce, shrimp and carrots . Be sure to squeeze dry the carrot before placing into the sandwich to prevent them from getting soggy

• Reply Robin Rue (@massholemommy) Sep 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm

That sounds like an awesome lunch idea! I am going to have to pick up the ingredients for this and make some over the weekend!

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Sep 17, 2015 at 5:52 pm

That looks so good! We love seafood here, so I’ll definitely be making this for the family.

• Reply Jeanette Sep 17, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Recipes like these makes me wish I liked seafood. This looks SO good! My parents would love this so I will share this with them!

• Reply MyCookingSecrets.com | Krystallia Giamouridou Sep 17, 2015 at 7:22 pm

I am glad to see a light version of schrimp sandwich. It looks both delicious and healthy

• Reply Melissa Pezza Sep 17, 2015 at 9:41 pm

There are certain recipes I see that make me wish I weren’t kosher. This is one of them. It looks so good!

• Reply lisa Sep 18, 2015 at 2:35 am

I love shrimp. This sandwich is right up my alley! I will be making this for lunch soon!!

• Reply Julie (xfallenmoon) Sep 18, 2015 at 2:43 am

Holy smokes. That’s amazing photography right there. Do you take your own photos? You’re really good!

• Reply Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen Sep 18, 2015 at 3:13 am

I love how bright and colorful this sandwich is. Looks delicious!

• Reply Kiwi Sep 18, 2015 at 4:47 am

OMG I want this now! I love shrimp but in a burger version with a pickle??? yes please 1000x!!!

• Reply ascendingbutterfly Sep 18, 2015 at 6:07 am

You had me at SHRIMP! But this “I personally love how these go down with a cold brew” <-we can be great friends! LOL 🙂

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

• Reply Mykidsguide Sep 18, 2015 at 8:00 am

I love shrimps! That sandwich made my mouth water. I can’t wait to try it.

• Reply Ourfamilyworld Sep 18, 2015 at 8:21 am

I am suddenly craving for a shrimp sandwich! I bet it’s yummier with pickles.

• Reply Annemarie LeBlanc Sep 18, 2015 at 9:17 am

Oh, this is another way to make a shrimp sandwich. I usually chop up the cooked shrimp and mix it with a little low fat mayo and chopped celery then spread it on whole wheat bread. I will try your recipe. Looks yummy!

• Reply stelliciouslife Sep 18, 2015 at 11:26 am

I bet my boyfriend would love these, he is a shrimp-aholic 😉

• Reply yumeating Sep 18, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Oh yummy for my tummy. I LOVE shrimp and don’t eat near enough of it. My family isn’t a big fan so I don’t buy it. I might have to see about a small package and create something like this for myself for lunch.

• Reply Dina Sep 18, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I love shrimp and my kids do too. I need to make this for the ffamily for sure. My kids would love a sandwich like that and adding carrots and coconut milk. YUM>

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Sep 18, 2015 at 1:41 pm

My daughter love shrimp and this would be a great meal for her. I love my seafood in rice lol.

• Reply Kisa Johnson Sep 18, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Hmmm, this looks pretty good! I need to get some shrimp! Although I prefer pasta to bread and buns, it still would be worth a try.

• Reply Kathy Sep 18, 2015 at 8:52 pm

This sounds very interesting. Can you believe I’m actually never had shrimp before!? I need to try it so I can try out this sandwich. It looks so different, yet good.

• Reply Uplifting Families Sep 18, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Yummy, this sandwich sounds good. I haven’t had shrimp in a long time.

• Reply Teresa Sep 19, 2015 at 8:09 am

Never tried shrimp sandwich before but I must admit it’s very tempting!

• Reply sprinklesandsprouts Sep 19, 2015 at 8:53 am

Yum!
    Shrimp anything is always a good idea 🙂
    Love the fact your son was craving shrimp!

• Reply Jenn @ EngineerMommy Sep 19, 2015 at 11:26 am

I’ve never had a shrimp sandwich, but now I want to try one! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Mica Sep 20, 2015 at 10:36 pm

I can’t wait to try this recipe! Shrimp and Coconut milk are an excellent combination. Thanks for posting.