Spicy Noodle with Sweet Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce

Spicy Noodle with Sweet Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce

Spicy Noodle with Black Bean and Sweet Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce, inspired by Sichuan cuisine.

The Sichuan foods are famous for their hot, spicy, salty and diverse flavors.  It is the most popular style of food in China. Almost every dish has its own character and unique taste, much of this due to the flavoring and many seasonings.  This includes: Soy sauce, cooking vinegar, sichuan peppercorn , fermented black beans, chili oil, dry chili pepper and sesame oil.

Spicy Sichuan Noodle Recipe

I am quite a big fan of Sichuan food and any cuisine for that matter that has a good dose of spice.  You’ll see that I have a lot of Asian recipes and many of them have a significant amount of heat.  Be forewarned that this dish is quite hot!  If you need to modify for reasons around preference or especially around health then by all means adjust it as needed.  It should still have some other good flavors to carry the taste.  I grew up in a household where we started consuming spicy food at a young age, and it was not only normal to eat such dishes on a regular basis but actually something that we longed for and craved.  Keep an eye on out for more of my recipes (Asian and more) that may make your nose run and eyes water a bit.

Spicy Noodle with Sweet Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce recipe

Sichuan Peppercorn, also known as Chinese coriander, has a very unique and strong fragrance. They produce a tingling, slightly strange numbing sensation in your mouth.

Spicy Sichuan Noodle Recipe
  • 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
  • 1 Inch of Ginger
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • Salt/Pepper
Instructions
  1. Cook the noodles according to package directions and drain
  2. Heat oil over medium heat and brown the ground chicken. Add black bean sauce, rice vinegar, scallions, ground peppercorn, soy sauce, ginger, salt , garlic and pepper.
  3. Sauce : Simply mix together all the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning if you like.
  4. Add noodles to the bowl, add the cooked meat and sauce over the top. Garnish with scallion

• Reply Robin Rue (@massholemommy) Aug 6, 2015 at 10:46 am

That sounds absolutely delicious. I can’t wait to make this for my family!

• Reply Shann Eva Aug 6, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Looks yummy. Thank you for the recipe. I will be making it soon.

• Reply Nicole Lutzy Aug 6, 2015 at 1:22 pm

This looks like a delicious dish! My husband loves spicy, I bet he would enjoy this!

• Reply Tina Aug 6, 2015 at 2:27 pm

My daughter will love this! I’m going to print it and give it to her! Thanks so much!

• Reply Sicorra Aug 6, 2015 at 6:28 pm

This recipe looks good! I am not a big fan of hot and spicy, but my husband sure is, and I bet he would enjoy this dish.

• Reply Claudette P. Esterine Aug 7, 2015 at 1:10 am

I would not dare to try this on my own…when are you making it again? Can we come over? 🙂 Look so delicious!

• Reply poshjournaladmin Aug 7, 2015 at 4:21 am

I will… lets have a spicy food party

• Reply ronleyba (@ronley_ph) Aug 7, 2015 at 1:26 pm

This recipe sounds so yummy! A must try for me!

• Reply Breanna Rush Aug 7, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Yum! This looks absolutely delicious! I need to try it! 🙂 I love how easy it looks!

• Reply Melissa Aug 7, 2015 at 4:48 pm

This looks amazing. It may be a bit spicy for me so I would have to tone that down. On the other hand my husband loves spice so I just might have to make two batches!

• Reply Wendy Aug 7, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I’ve never tried Sichuan. I will have to now that I’ve seen these pictures. Looks delicious!

• Reply The Pink Caboodle Aug 7, 2015 at 5:43 pm

This looks simply delicious!

• Reply Elizabeth O. Aug 7, 2015 at 5:58 pm

This is perfect for someone like me who absolutely loves spicy food! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I’d love to try it some time.

• Reply Megan Elford Aug 7, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Mmm, that looks delicious! I would have to adjust the heat factor to keep my tastebuds intact, but other than that, I think I would really enjoy this!

• Reply Kita Bryant Aug 7, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I do love spicy but it makes that heartburn come on big time. I will have to get my meds because I truly love spicy food and hate that I can’t eat them like I use to. This is different so a must try.

• Reply Liz Mays Aug 7, 2015 at 8:53 pm

That sauce sounds sounds so delicious! The whole meal does actually! I’m a huge fan of spicy foods, so I’m super geeked to try it.

• Reply rochkirstin Aug 8, 2015 at 12:47 am

I also love Sichuan food because of the heat and the strong flavors. I grew up eating Chinese food since we’re a Chinese family living in the Philippines, and we’re lucky to have my mom who’s a good cook. The spicy noodle with sweet Sichuan peppercorn sauce is a classic.

• Reply everydayeyecandy Aug 8, 2015 at 11:37 am

I haven’t had Sichuan since I was a kid. I want to like spicy food, but it never agrees with me! This looks delicious!

• Reply JessicaACassidy (@wifetoalineman) Aug 8, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I LOVE anything that has noodles. This recipe looks delish.

• Reply Sarah Marturano Aug 8, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Yum! This looks so good. Anything with noodles is a win. I’m just wondering if it would be really spicy. I could see myself eating this dish with all sorts of meats, depending on what was left over from the night before.

• Reply Jonathan Key Aug 8, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Wow this looks deliciously delightful! Our family loves anything with noodles. May try this recipe this week!

• Reply Joanne T Ferguson Aug 10, 2015 at 3:58 am

What a delicious looking dish! I wish I could come through through the screen and try it now! I swear, when I close my eyes, after reading your post of course, I can smell this dish from here!

• Reply Shannon P Aug 10, 2015 at 5:59 am

Yum! This is making me hungry again and I just had dinner!

• Reply Melissa Aug 22, 2015 at 7:59 pm

This Spicy Noodle with Sichuan Peppercorn Sauce looks amazing! Perfect for a busy weeknight recipe! I really could lick the screen it looks so tasty! Thanks!