Spinach Corn Soup with Ginger Broth
Light and simple soups are great for summer. Even though it’s hot outside this spinach and corn soup is light and tastes great now and the rest of the year. My kids like to hunt down the corn and eat that first and though they don’t love spinach in every meal they actually like it a-ok in the soup.
My husband likes this too after a long day of work and although it’s not the flashiest dish I’ve ever made it is so easy to make and makes my family happy. Our family likes ginger so we throw a good amount in to give a good ginger taste in every spoonful. Hope you will enjoy this easy spinach corn soup with ginger broth recipe
Spinach Corn Soup
- 3 cups broth
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups corn, (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 1- inch fresh ginger, (peeled and smashed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Add the broth/water, ginger and garlic in a large dutch oven. Let the soup come to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and gently simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes
- Add corn into the broth. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add salt/pepper or sugar if needed.
- Add fresh spinach and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!