Steps I Took to be More Eco-Friendly + NEW! Tide purclean

tide-pur-clean

This post was sponsored by NEW! Tide purclean as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central

PurClean_logo

Are you looking for steps to take to be more eco-friendly?  We all should be looking to make positive changes to become more environmentally friendly.  Below is a quick list of eco-friendly changes my family has made.  Going green can help us conserve energyprevent pollution (air, water and noise). Being green is all about changing the purpose of how we live. My husband and I have been taking small changes every day to become more eco-friendly by changing our habits around driving, cleaning, eating, disposing waste and limiting the use of natural resources like water.  The adjustments have taken some getting used to at many junctures, but these are things that we agree on one-hundred percent.   Our new lifestyle helps preserve our planet and is helping us as well to live cleaner and healthier.

tide-pur-clean

Here’s a List of Things We’ve Done to Become More Eco-Friendly:

• My husband is leasing his first electric car last year as part as our commitment to live more sustainably.
  • We always combine errands to make fewer trips and walk whenever possible.
  • I always remember to bring my reusable cloth shopping bags on every shopping trip.  If I need to get a bag at the store I make sure to get paper instead of plastic.
  • We installed solar panels on our home’s roof.
  • We taught our kids to turn off the water while they brush their teeth, and to take shorter showers.
  • We reuse paper for kids’ activities and projects, like using a scratch pad for their folding origami projects.
  • We pay attention to labels and opt for eco-friendly products (when they work well).

tide-pur-clean

My son and daughter are very active. They always make a mess while playing inside the house or outdoors and especially when they are eating. I try to limit the amount of laundry that I do in some capacity but hey, it’s something we all have to do frequently.  Especially with kids there always seems to be an endless supply of dirty clothes and bed sheets. I am so glad that there is now a breakthrough product from trusted company that I know will clean my families clothes amazingly well.  It’s the new Tide purclean™, which is the first bio-based detergent with the trusted cleaning power of Tide(65%bio-based).

tide-pur-clean

I have some of the other eco-friendly products on the market and although they have a nice message and smell pretty good, when it came down to those really tough stains (like on my kids white shirts!) they just couldn’t do the job.  I put the new Tide purclean™, up to the same test of cleaning my kids clothes and it performed tremendously well.  I have been a big fan of Tide products my whole life, it is what my mom used while I was growing up.  When I started living as my own I would buy different detergents that were on sale but always came back to Tide.  Their products work great and Tide purclean™ follows suit for cleanliness.

tide-pur-clean

There are some other products out there that claim to be eco-friendly but don’t have much of anything to back it up.  I like that Tide purclean™, is certified by the USDA BioPreferred Program, so I know it’s meeting their rigorous standards for the environment.   Tide even makes the formula with 100% renewable electricity.  To boot, it’s made at a zero manufacturing waste to landfill site.  That’s a rare feat, especially in the consumer product industry.  It’s clear that Tide is on board with the green movement.

tide-pur-clean

I can feel great about using Tide purclean™ and know that my colors will be absolutely bright, my whites will be crisp and my entire load of laundry will be soft and smelling great.  I can add this as one more step I’m taking to help the environment.  You can find Tide purclean™ at Target, and you can get $1.00 off with the neckhanger coupon.  On top of that pick up an extra 5% savings by using the Target Cartwheel mobile app (amazing app by the way, I use it every time I go to Target!).  The coupon and the 5% off are both valid through July 30, 2016.

tide-pur-clean-target

For additional resources and updates :

Cartwheel Mobile App link: https://cartwheel.target.com/offer/68462

Tide purclean brand page: http://www.target.com/p/tide-purclean-honey-lavender-hec-liquid-laundry-detergent-48-loads-75-oz/-/A-50715505

Tide Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Tide

Tide Twitter: https://twitter.com/tide

littlemisscant
    Jul 12, 2016 at 6:44 am

I have tried eco friendly products in the past but haven’t had much luck getting the clean we needed. Tide is a name that I trust and already use so this is going to be a win win! Can’t wait till we see it in stores around here.

jmanandmillerbug
    Jul 12, 2016 at 7:05 am

I have only heard of this product about a week ago. Some eco-friendly staff does not seem to cut the mustard want to comes to cleaning, I’m betting tide has got it figured out. I’ll have to try them.

Pam Wattenbarger
    Jul 12, 2016 at 8:41 am

I try to be eco-friendly whenever possible. I need to try this bio-based Tide and see how it works. Tide is the detergent I use already,

Paula Schuck
    Jul 12, 2016 at 10:22 am

I’ve been trying to go to a more eco friendly lifestyle myself, but green cleaners never seem to do a very good job. I can’t wait to try this Purclean. You can’t go wrong with Tide.

Sarah
    Jul 12, 2016 at 12:35 pm

These are great steps towards being more eco-friendly. Loved reading your journey and seeing the lovely photos.

Jenn @ EngineerMommy
    Jul 12, 2016 at 2:58 pm

It’s so important to be eco-friendly and be conscientious of the decisions we make on a daily basis. Every little bit of effort helps! This sounds like a great detergent!

Chrishelle Ebner
    Jul 12, 2016 at 6:07 pm

It is so great that your family is taking steps to limit your carbon foot print. I am glad P&G are providing products that enable families to live a more green lifestlye.

Bella
    Jul 12, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I try and use natural products as often as I can. I had no idea Tide had this product, I will have to check it out.

bellaviedeux
    Jul 12, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Oh my gosh your kids are so cute. I’ll have to try the tide!!!

franckxethee
    Jul 13, 2016 at 2:12 am

It’s really great that tide can be effective. Kids would really have a great time if they are not afraid to get dirty.

Amanda Love
    Jul 13, 2016 at 3:24 am

I love that you’re making an effort to be more eco-friendly especially now when our planet’s condition just seems to keep getting worse. These are very good steps that you’re taking and I’m really excited to try out tide’s new eco-friendly product! This is perfect for people with sensitive skin as well!

Kristen Dann
    Jul 13, 2016 at 3:49 am

We try to be as green as possible. I was so excited to see Tide come out with this. They’ve always been a favorite of mine and they’ll continue to be now.

Sara
    Jul 13, 2016 at 4:22 am

Your kids are adorable! I’ve never heard of this kind of tide. I will be looking for it at target next time I’m there.

CourtneyLynne
    Jul 13, 2016 at 6:19 am

Ooooooo I’m all about all natural products when it comes to cleaning! I wil have to check tide Purclean out! Sounds pretty fab!

Erin (@ErinShebish)
    Jul 13, 2016 at 7:32 am

I’ve never seen Tide Pur but I love that there are natural options available! We make our detergent for that reason!

Kendall
    Jul 13, 2016 at 7:36 am

Your kids are so precious! I love Tide too – it’s the best detergent ever and the only one I’ll use! I love the scents too, they’re so fresh and clean!

Emily
    Jul 13, 2016 at 7:40 am

This are great steps and tide is one of my favorite detergent. 🙂

Anosa
    Jul 13, 2016 at 7:51 am

I must admit I am quite bad at being Eco-friendly. I need to make more of an effort

Rosie M. Jordan
    Aug 11, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Oh! Tide looks like a great product! I’ve never used it before, but now I will for sure try it.

Maureen Foreman
    Aug 16, 2016 at 8:31 am

I have tried with tide. The result for our clothes are good. There is no dusty on our clothes. Thanks

carol j.brannan
    Aug 24, 2016 at 9:43 am

i’m using Tide for about 6 years, and being eco-friendly is very important. happy to know about their new product, i’m proud to choose Tide. thank you for your post.

Susan Watson @ Baby Gear
    Aug 29, 2016 at 8:00 am

I’ve used Tide as detergent for years and I’ve tried this kind of Tide a week ago. But I didn’t know that detergent can be that eco-friendly. Being eco-friendly can be so simple. Thank you for sharing this.