This comfort soup is very delicious and easy to make. It has a lot of the flavors of soups you’d find in a Thai restaurant It uses simple ingredients, is suitable for vegetarian by simply skipping the meat and choosing tofu instead.
You can find many of these ingredients at a local Asian market (fresh or frozen is good, I steer clear from ground ingredients). Some people may use straw mushroom for this recipe, but I couldn’t find any organic or BPA free straw mushrooms. Plus most of the canned ones contain other preservatives so I chose a different kind (white mushrooms or oyster mushrooms both work well).
You can skip the chili if you don’t like something spicy or just add the chili separately to keep full control on the heat. Inviting friends to your house for a party? I think this soup will be a hit! It won’t take long to make and the great smell of lemongrass will bring added pleasure to the senses!
Repin this Thai Lemongrass Soup Recipe
Save it and use the recipe later
Don’t forget to follow PoshJournal on Pinterest to see more updates and recipes!
- 4 Cups of Vegetable/Chicken Broth
- 4 Stalks of Fresh Lemongrass
- 2 inches of Fresh / Frozen Galangal
- 10 Leaves Kaffir Lime
- 10 Thai Chilies
- 1 Lb of Shrimp
- 1 pack of firm Tofu
- 1 medium Tomato sliced
- 1 cup of Chicken cooked or uncooked
- 2-3 Fresh Limes
- 1 Tablespoon of Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon of Sugar You can skip this if you prefer something less sweet
- Boil the broth in a medium to large pot, then add galangal, lemongrass, kaffir limes, cook for 5 minutes then add cooked chicken. Cook for another 7 - 10 minutes then add Tofu, Fresh Lemon Juice, Fish Sauce, Sugar and finally the Shrimp. Cook for another 5 minutes .
- If you decide to make it spicy, you can add sliced chilies.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe.