The Olympic Games: Let’s Power Their Dreams

climbing-olympic-games

This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/P&G.

PG Olympics Logo square

The summer season is almost over and my family and I have been anticipating watching the Rio 2016 Olympic Games together for quite some time. It’s an experience that is positive in so many ways. May kids learn about working hard for their goals, sportsmanship, pride in our country, and some fun geography and culture lessons about the rest of the world, too. It’s so fun that in a single day or two we can watch such a variety of sports volleyball, fencing, tennis, gymnastics and track and field. My kids didn’t even know that sports like equestrian, diving or fencing even existed, and through The Olympic Games they get introduced to them at the highest caliber.

swimming-olympic-games

My kids are telling me all about the different sports they want to compete in, with big dreams of making The Olympic Games someday . We’ve been watching them anywhere we can, and sometimes that’s in bed late at night. The kids like to mimic the gymnasts moves, though they’re substituting summersaults for flips and my husbands big belly for the horse. The interviews with all of these amazing olympians make me view them as even bigger role models, they are all so well spoken, humble and positive.

tree-climbing

We’ve been chanting “USA, USA” everyday, and the athletes have made it easy to do as our American Olympians keep raking in the medals! I want my kids to have a sense of pride in our country, and how lucky they are. They have the opportunity to become anything they want, a doctor, a fighter pilot, a world record holder in water polo or the shot put. They are already involved in sports and reaping the benefits of great lessons in working hard, teamwork, self control and more. They are just having fun out there and learning great lessons in life, which are far more important to me than anything on the scoreboard.

Dana Vollmer

My daughter and son are dreaming to be amazing swimmers like Dana Vollmer. She is such a big inspiration for all woman out there as well as men, Americans and anyone on Earth with determination, high aspirations and a great family life as well She is a successful athlete and also a super mom. My kids absolutely love swimming anywhere and everywhere, from pools to lakes to the ocean.  I made sure that they got started in swimming lessons from an early age, more for safety and enjoyment than anything else.  It’s been fun though to see them progress and gain confidence to do backfloats, jump off the ledge into my arms, and try their best to do the front crawl.  It’s neat to watch the Olympics and see them flash a picture of Michael Phelps or Katie Ledecky as a toddler and already standing out and making names for themselves.  My kids aren’t quite showing signs of Olympic swimmers (yet, haha), but I still couldn’t be more proud of their journey in this great sport and passtime.

buy the brands P&G

Let’s power their dreams and support #TeamUSA by purchasing P&G products at Walmart. P&G products are available at Walmart for an everyday low price. I’ve been buying P&G products for years, from razors, paper towel, shampoo to our favorite diaper : Pampers® Swaddlers Diapers. My daughter has a very sensitive skin but she never experienced any rash using this particular product line from Pampers. It’s so soft on her skin, plus it has a longer absorbent area and a wetness indicator that helps us know when it might be time for a change.

More about Pampers® Swaddlers Diapers

• It’s Blankie Soft, gently wrapping your baby in Pampers’ best blanket-like softness.
  • Has Extra Absorb Channels that are specially designed to help distribute wetness evenly for up to 12 hours of protection.
  • Pulls wetness and mess away from your baby’s skin with an Absorb-Away Liner.
  • Lets you know when it might be time for a change with its wetness indicator.

How does your family watch the Olympics? Do you watch together?

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Aug 15, 2016 at 2:14 pm

I think it’s so important to support our children’s dreams no matter what they are or where they take them. There’s no telling where they’ll end up.

• Reply Paula Schuck Aug 15, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Children are so full of hope and imagination for the future. They only see what they could be, not what could stop them from being it. I LOVE anything that encourages us as parents to support those dreams.

• Reply Gwendolyn Mulholland Aug 15, 2016 at 2:56 pm

It is important to support our children’s dreams no matter what. We never know where their dreams will take them.

• Reply Sarah Bailey Aug 15, 2016 at 3:04 pm

I’ve not really watch much of the olympics this year – I need to try and get my head in the game and switch on!

• Reply Nicole Etolen Aug 15, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Nice encouragement activities. I want to encourage my son to and let him discover his talents on sports.

• Reply Rosemond Aug 16, 2016 at 2:03 am

OMG your little ones are way too adorable! My daughter and I have enjoyed watching the athletes and hearing their personal stories. Such wonderful role models for our kids to emulate.

• Reply Michelle Cantu (@AThriftyDiva) Aug 16, 2016 at 8:06 am

I’ve been watching the olympics with my kids and it’s true they mimic what they see. My two little one’s where racing yesterday, pretending to hit the finish line in grand style.

• Reply Kathy Aug 16, 2016 at 12:01 pm

I don’t usually watch the olympics. I do like to watch the gymnastics part though. That’s about it though. I think it’s great to get kids involved though.

• Reply Stephanie Pass Aug 16, 2016 at 1:23 pm

We are loving the Olympics this year. I definitely try to buy P&G to support them when I can. We are big Bounty lovers.

• Reply chefjoe11 Aug 16, 2016 at 1:52 pm

We are totally enjoying the Olympics this year. We all watch together each night. We will miss it when it ends.

• Reply Aaronica w/ The Crunchy Mommy Aug 17, 2016 at 8:31 am

We watch most of them together but naturally some stuff is on too late. But I love being able to show my mini track star other runners!

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Aug 17, 2016 at 9:36 am

We are watching most of the events as well and they are very inspiring indeed. The biggest surprise and inspired us is Simone Manuel.

• Reply lauren Aug 17, 2016 at 11:07 am

It is important to inspire our kids and i love watching the olympics with my kiddos 🙂

• Reply Gabriel Bregg Aug 17, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Anything significant has always started as a dream! Do all you can to support and encourage them, I say.

• Reply Francisca Ramos (@nymomstyle) Aug 17, 2016 at 4:57 pm

As a parent, we want what is best for your kids. When parents encourage their kids. It will give them the perseverance to be a doctor, teacher, wrestler or lawyer. They will pursue their goal.

• Reply Lynndee Aug 18, 2016 at 6:37 am

Yup, we’ve been watching the Olympics together. And it doesn’t matter if we had to stay up a little later than we normally do. We enjoy cheering for team USA.

• Reply Terri Ramsey Beavers Aug 18, 2016 at 6:58 am

I think it’s great when kids have goals they want to achieve. I’ve been buying P & G products at Walmart to help support Team USA.

• Reply Lori Felix Aug 18, 2016 at 5:39 pm

I use a lot of different P&G products to keep my house its best. I’m glad to know that P&G is supporting Team USA

• Reply Sara Aug 18, 2016 at 5:46 pm

My son has been in awe of the swimming events. We are heading to the pool tomorrow to see about swimming lessons for him!

• Reply Shanéy Vijendranath Aug 18, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I love this post! I’ve been following the Olympics and my daughter has been so inspired by just watching it. She loves swimming.

• Reply Katherine G Aug 19, 2016 at 7:07 pm

P&G products are amazing! I’ve been using them for awhile myself. I will continue to support.

• Reply April Mims Aug 22, 2016 at 3:59 am

We’ve watched quite a few events but have a special interest in the running events. It’s amazing to watch the dedication of these athletes.

• Reply Kristine Foley (@thefoleyfam) Sep 9, 2016 at 11:01 pm

It was so amazing and inspiring to watch Rio as a family. Our kid’s were the same way saying which sport they were going to be in when they grow up.