Crispy Fish Taco Bowl
This Crispy Fish Taco Bowl is one of my favorite ways to eat more fish! The perfect recipe for Fish Friday or any weeknight meals.
For Crispy Fish Taco Bowl:
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear; drain well.
Press the “Sauté” function key. Select a temperature with the “Adjust” key for “Normal”.When Instant Pot reaches the given working temperature, it displays “Hot” and you can start sautéing.
Heat the oil, add rice, and saute for about 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for about 45 seconds.
Add water or broth, and lime zest together in an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi. Be sure to scrap tthe bottom of the pot to make sure there is nothing stuck on it and to prevent burning.
Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook or manual on high for 3 minutes. After the cooking cycle finished, wait 10 minutes before moving the Venting Knob from Sealing Position to Venting Position to release the remaining pressure.
Transfer the rice into a large bowl. Let it cool down for 10 minutes then use a fork to gently stir the rice and break up any obvious lumps. Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro just before serving.
Cook the Fish in the Oven:
Build Your Own Crispy Fish Taco Bowl:
Plate each bowl with 2 pieces of fish fillets, ½ cup of rice , ½ cup of black beans, ½ cup chopped lettuce, 2 tbsp of chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp of chopped red onion, 3 tbsp of corn, and a half avocado. Serve with salsa and lime wedges.
To Cook the Cilantro-Lime on the Stove:
- Heat oil in the large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add white rice and saute for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Stir in about 2¼ cups of broth or water plus 1 tsp salt, lime zest and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or follow the cooking instructions on the product packaging.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rice into a large bowl. Use a fork to gently stir the rice and break up any obvious lumps.
- Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro just before serving.
Calories: 886kcalCarbohydrates: 136gProtein: 26gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 578mgPotassium: 1232mgFiber: 18gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 2313IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 97mgIron: 4mg