Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker
Easy slow cooker chicken pot pie soup. So comforting and filling.
Heat butter in a large sauce-pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Cook until translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, keep stirring for 1 minute.
Stir in the flour and whisk until lightly browned. Add chicken stock and milk. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Add chicken, potatoes, and poultry seasoning. Stir to combine. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
About 30 minutes - 1 hour prior to serving, add frozen mixed vegetables. Taste and season with salt/pepper if needed or according to your liking.
Serve with chopped green onions, crispy bacon, and rustic bread or biscuits.
Instructions for Stove Top Users:
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, diced potatoes, and celery; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add garlic, keep stirring and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant but do not burn.
- Stir in the flour and whisk until lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock and season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken cubes, frozen vegetables, and milk; simmer until the chicken is fully cooked, vegetables are tender, and soup has thickened.
- Serve with chopped green onions, crispy bacon and rustic bread or biscuits.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 17gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 406mgPotassium: 710mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3239IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 3mg