Yellow Basmati Rice with Turmeric, Raisins and Cashews
Rice lovers, you must give this recipe a try! It’s great as a side or even as an entree, especially for those of you who are vegetarian. The recipe is inspired by Indian and Indonesian cuisine. I chose basmati rice because of its dry texture and unique flavor. If you can't find basmati rice nearby, you can use jasmine rice instead.
I cooked the rice using a rice cooker so it was very fast. It’s easy and almost no preparation, except for washing the rice and putting the ingredients in one pot.
Repin this Yellow Basmati Rice with Turmeric, Cashews and Raisins
Save it and use the recipe later
Don’t forget to follow PoshJournal on Pinterest to see more updates and recipes!
Yellow Basmati Rice with Turmeric, Cashews and Raisins
- 1 Cup of Basmati Rice (please refer to the cup marks on the inside of a rice cooker, or use the cup that comes with rice cooker)
- ½ cup of Water (same as above, use the markers)
- ½ cup of Coconut Milk
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- 1 Leave Kaffir, skip this if you don't have any
- 3 Stalks of Lemongrass, washed and bruised
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup of Raisins
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar, I used NUTIVA Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup of Cashews or Silver Almonds, use less or more as you wish
- ½ Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil, I used NUTIVA coconut oil
- Simply add all ingredients above into rice cooker. Let it cook automatically. Remove rice when its cooked then serve.