This Broccoli Rice Casserole post is sponsored by Foster Farms. The opinions stated are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Posh Journal cooking.
I want quick wins in the kitchen, especially with small children. The casseroles I grew up eating are incredibly satisfying, but these days I'm looking well beyond taste and comfort at the dinner table. I want our food to be nutritious and safe, and I'm always concerned with sustainability. I am a label checker, and want to know exactly where my food has been from farm to table. I use fresh, locally sourced, and minimally processed foods whenever I can.
I choose Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey because they are committed to organic, sustainable farming. Foster Farms products are grown locally, in California's Central Valley. Their turkeys are raised free-range on organic land and fed an organic diet! They never use antibiotics, hormones, or steroids. You can taste the quality of their food reflected in the flavor. Every bite is a delicious source of lean protein. My recipe for Broccoli Rice Casserole with Ground Turkey is an easy weeknight dinner that even the little ones will love. You can swap out the broccoli for any frozen vegetables, and sometimes we use cheddar instead of mozzarella for a little tang.
This is an easy, no-muss cheesy dinner that cooks up in about 30 minutes. The leftovers make a great lunch! Hope you'll enjoy this Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1 pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
- 10 oz Cream of Mushroom - Low Sodium, (or cream of chicken)
- 1 bag (12 oz) Frozen Mixed Vegetables, (such as mixed corn, peas, green beans)
- 2 cups Fresh Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Green Onion, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium
- Cook onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Add uncooked rice and chicken broth.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Mix in the frozen vegetables, broccoli and the cream of mushroom into a skillet, stir well for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper to taste
- Top with cheese, cook in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with chopped green onions.
Yum, yum, yum! This looks incredible! And I love that it all cooks in one pan!
I love that you have adapted comfort foods from your childhood into healthier options for your own family. I think in a super size world this is so important.I also love how simple this recipe is because, as you well know, being a busy mom and cooking in the kitchen for hours on end, really is a bummer. Pinning for later!