Broccoli Rice Casserole with Organic Ground Turkey

broccoli rice casserole

This Broccoli Rice Casserole post is sponsored by Foster Farms. The opinions stated are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Posh Journal cooking.

broccoli rice casseroleI want quick wins in the kitchen, especially with small children. The casseroles I grew up eating are incredibly satisfying, but these days I’m looking well beyond taste and comfort at the dinner table. I want our food to be nutritious and safe, and I’m always concerned with sustainability. I am a label checker, and want to know exactly where my food has been from farm to table. I use fresh, locally sourced, and minimally processed foods whenever I can.

broccoli rice casserole

I choose Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey because they are committed to organic, sustainable farming. Foster Farms products are grown locally, in California’s Central Valley. Their turkeys are raised free-range on organic land and fed an organic diet! They never use antibiotics, hormones, or steroids. You can taste the quality of their food reflected in the flavor. Every bite is a delicious source of lean protein. My recipe for Broccoli Rice Casserole with Ground Turkey is an easy weeknight dinner that even the little ones will love. You can swap out the broccoli for any frozen vegetables, and sometimes we use cheddar instead of mozzarella for a little tang.

This is an easy, no-muss cheesy dinner that cooks up in about 30 minutes. The leftovers make a great lunch! Hope you’ll enjoy this Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe with Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey

Broccoli Rice Casserole

• 1 pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
  • 1 medium Onion chopped
  • 2 tablespoons Olive oil
  • 2 cloves Garlic minced
  • 1 cup Arborio rice uncooked
  • 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
  • 10 oz Cream of Mushroom - Low Sodium (or cream of chicken)
  • 1 bag (12 oz) Frozen Mixed Vegetables (such as mixed corn, peas, green beans)
  • 2 cups Fresh Broccoli cut into small pieces
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 cups Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
  • Green Onion chopped
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 425F.

2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium

3. Cook onion until translucent.

4. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.

5. Add ground turkey and cook until browned.

6. Add uncooked rice and chicken broth.

7. Turn the heat to medium-low, and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

8. Mix in the frozen vegetables, broccoli and the cream of mushroom into a skillet, stir well for about 3 minutes.

9. Add salt/pepper to taste

10. Top with cheese, cook in the oven until the cheese is melted.

11. Serve with chopped green onions.

• Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Feb 1, 2017 at 11:31 am

I have to give this a try. A recipe like this is perfect for those extra busy weeks. I need to make one dish and then we can have it for a couple of days.

• Reply Terri Ramsey Beavers Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 pm

That dish is something I’d really enjoy. I love mixed vegetables so I’m sure I’d love this recipe.

• Reply Karissa WithOurBest Feb 1, 2017 at 3:59 pm

This meal looks like a very healthy dish to serve up! I love that it is gluten free too!

• Reply Claudia Krusch Feb 1, 2017 at 9:09 pm

I am always looking for Organic options. This looks so delicious and easy to make. I will have to give it a try this weekend. Rice is always a hit in my house.

• Reply Dogvills Feb 2, 2017 at 12:23 am

I would love to give Foster Farms a try. I’m also all about eating healthy and nutritious food, so I am always on the look out for new recipes to try. Thanks for sharing this.

• Reply Rebecca Swenor Feb 2, 2017 at 5:18 am

This broccoli rice casserole with organic ground turkey sound awesome. We have been trying to eat healthier so this would be a perfect dish for us. I haven’t used ground turkey in a dish for a while so this will be something new. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

• Reply Kathy Feb 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

This looks so good. This is something my girls would definitely enjoy. They love their veggies a lot.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose Feb 2, 2017 at 10:20 am

Brocolli gives a lot of gas but we love eating it. I have never made this kind of casserole but it looks great!

• Reply Kelly Hutchinson Feb 2, 2017 at 12:18 pm

This looks so delicious! My daughter and I love broccoli rice casserole. I prefer ground turkey, so this would be perfect for us.

• Reply Eloise Feb 2, 2017 at 12:56 pm

sounds easy, looks tasty, and is healthy… AMAZING! I’ll have to try this out for dinner next week… thanks for the idea : )

• Reply Traveling Well For Less Feb 2, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Yeah, a healthy casserole recipe. So many have so much fat. So glad to have found one that’s healthy and tasty.

• Reply Dhemz Feb 2, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Oh, my goodness! Looks really yummy and healthy. I would love to try this recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply My Teen Guide Feb 2, 2017 at 8:13 pm

This is really tempting, I wanna grab it from my screen! It’s also healthy at the same time,

• Reply Michelle Waller Feb 3, 2017 at 6:54 am

This is screaming delicious!! I love how fresh and healthy it looks. I wonder how this would turn out with shredded chicken?

• Reply Gabriel Feb 3, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Looks like a filling and healthy dish that can be put together pretty quickly, we will be giving it a try.

• Reply The Cubicle Chick Feb 3, 2017 at 2:25 pm

This looks nice and filling. I will have to try this out for a quick email. – yolonda

• Reply Ricci Feb 3, 2017 at 3:03 pm

This broccoli and rice casserole is much prettier than mine! LOL! Great recipe!

• Reply Maria Han Feb 4, 2017 at 3:17 am

Sounds like a yummy and healthy recipes! I bet my hubby would love this too, I should give it a try

• Reply Lynndee Feb 4, 2017 at 5:52 am

All my favorites in one recipe! Yummy! And you gotta love the fact that it is healthy! Thanks for this!

• Reply Agness of Run Agness Run Feb 5, 2017 at 3:41 pm

This dish was a perfection, Rika. Delicious and healthy is something I always appreciate.

• Reply Kendall Rayburn Feb 6, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Yum, yum, yum! This looks incredible! And I love that it all cooks in one pan!

• Reply Deborah Cruz Feb 7, 2017 at 8:19 am

I love that you have adapted comfort foods from your childhood into healthier options for your own family. I think in a super size world this is so important.I also love how simple this recipe is because, as you well know, being a busy mom and cooking in the kitchen for hours on end, really is a bummer. Pinning for later!