Healthy Buttermilk Dill Dressing with No Mayo! This buttermilk ranch dressing is made of fresh herbs, spices, Greek Yogurt, Garlic, Buttermilk, Lemon, will add a tangy kick to any chopped salad or summer salad recipes.
This salad dressing offers a great amount of calcium and protein. The buttermilk option is healthy for you because each cup of low-fat buttermilk brings about 284 milligrams of calcium which equates to about 28 percent of your daily goal. Calcium in your diet can help slow bone loss as you age, and to prevent osteoporosis. It's also a good source of probiotics, due to the live cultures added to ferment the milk sugars.
This creamy buttermilk dill dressing is very easy to make and a healthier alternative to store-bought ranch dressing because we are going to skip the high-fat Mayonnaise and replace it with Greek Yogurt. It is my honest opinion that it actually tastes better, and gives it a nice creamy texture.
I served this tart and tangy buttermilk dill dressing on a chopped salad that contains fresh sweet corn, lettuce, fresh tomatoes, a small amount of diced red onion and my favorite easy grilled chicken recipe. The combination of these ingredients will add the right amount of sweetness and tanginess at the end of each bite.
Buttermilk Dill Dressing Greek Yogurt Recipe:
Buttermilk Dill Dressing
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- ¾ tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped (add more according to your liking)
- 1 Garlic Cloves, , grated
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients until the dressing is smooth. Season to taste.