Buttermilk Dill Dressing with Greek Yogurt

buttermilk dill dressing greek yogurt salad recipes with no mayo

Healthy Buttermilk Dill Dressing with No Mayo! This buttermilk ranch dressing is made of fresh herbs, spices, Greek Yogurt, Garlic, Buttermilk, Lemon, will add a tangy kick to any chopped salad or summer salad recipes.

This salad dressing offers a great amount of calcium and protein. The buttermilk option is healthy for you because each cup of low-fat buttermilk brings about 284 milligrams of calcium which equates to about 28 percent of your daily goal.  Calcium in your diet can help slow bone loss as you age, and to prevent osteoporosis. It’s also a good source of probiotics, due to the live cultures added to ferment the milk sugars.

buttermilk dill dressing greek yogurt salad recipes

This creamy buttermilk dill dressing is very easy to make and a healthier alternative to store-bought ranch dressing because we are going to skip the high-fat Mayonnaise and replace it with Greek Yogurt.  It is my honest opinion that it actually tastes better, and gives it a nice creamy texture.

I served this tart and tangy buttermilk dill dressing on a chopped salad that contains fresh sweet corn, lettuce, fresh tomatoes, a small amount of diced red onion and my favorite easy grilled chicken recipe. The combination of these ingredients will add the right amount of sweetness and tanginess at the end of each bite.

Buttermilk Dill Dressing Greek Yogurt Recipe:

5 from 5 votes
Buttermilk Dill Dressing

Tart and Tangy salad dressing. High in protein and calcium.

Servings: 6 servings
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
  • 3/4 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill chopped (add more according to your liking)
  • 1 Garlic Cloves , grated
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. In a mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients until the dressing is smooth. Season to taste.

Garden Fresh Salad with Grilled Chicken and Buttermilk Dressing
    Jun 7, 2017 at 12:31 am

[…] corn, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce and red onion, served with grilled chicken breast and creamy buttermilk salad dressing that will add a tangy kick to it.  It’s packed with nutrients and has a high water content, so […]

Sarah Bailey
    Jun 17, 2017 at 11:59 am

This sounds like a really interesting dressing I can imagine it is quite light and fresh perfect for the summer.

Tomi
    Jun 17, 2017 at 12:22 pm

I make a similar recipe that I use a marinade for chicken and pork. It makes the best grilled chicken and pork taco. I love the tang ACV adds to the dressing recipe coupled with the buttermilk… yummy!

rika agustini
      Jun 17, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Love your idea! I have to try it on pork or chicken!

Stephanie Jeannot
    Jun 18, 2017 at 10:35 am

One thing I have never tried to make was dressing. This sounds really good. A nice touch to a prepared meal to add to your food. Thank you for the recipe. I think I’ll try it out.

Jenn @ EngineerMommy
    Jun 18, 2017 at 2:14 pm

I love creating new salad dresings to spice up my salads. This buttermilk one sounds absolutely delicious.

Eileen | yesmissy.com
    Jun 18, 2017 at 3:43 pm

This sounds like a delightful dressing. I have to admit I’ve never made one before, but it doesn’t look too hard.

Jennifer Van Huss
    Jun 18, 2017 at 5:39 pm

That sounds like a fabulous recipe. I love Dill, but never have I tried it with buttermilk!

Ladonna Maxwell Dennis
    Jun 18, 2017 at 7:29 pm

This recipe sounds great. I always enjoy a dill dip so I will be saving your recipe to try soon.

Maurene Cab
    Jun 18, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Nice! I need an extra boost of calcium. I think this will be a perfect salad dressing for me.

Paula Bendfeldt
    Jun 19, 2017 at 2:46 am

It’s really hot here in Florida and I am always looking for new salad dressing recipes to prepare to make our salads more interesting and exciting since we’re having salads everyday. This sounds delicious. I love creamy salad dressings with greek yogurt base.

Dawn McAlexander
    Jun 19, 2017 at 6:52 am

That looks very good. I have never tried a dill dressing before. I think I might start with this recipe because it looks so good.

lily@militaryfamof8
    Jun 19, 2017 at 8:17 am

A very healthy dressing that’s good for the body. Easy to prepare too so i need to learn it.

Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen
    Jun 19, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I love the idea of using buttermilk for this dressing. It sounds so flavorful too!

Ave
    Jun 19, 2017 at 2:17 pm

What a great idea to replace mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt! Will give this recipe a try next time I need a dressing for my salad.

leighanne borders
    Jun 19, 2017 at 7:07 pm

This sounds like a great recipe. My husband would love to use this in recipes. He is growing his own dill so I will definitely have to let him know about this.

Lisa Marie Heath
    Jun 19, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Ok.. YUM! My boyfriend would probably love this just as much as I would! We love our salads, so this would be a great dressing (and we also love dill!)

Adaleta
    Jun 19, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Yummy, I would love this, i will be saving this one to try soon!!

Jilly Spellman
    Jun 19, 2017 at 9:22 pm

This is one of my favorite types of dressings. I can’t wait to try your version.