Looking for tasty chicken breast recipes? Try this one skillet meal, chicken with creamy lemon caper sauce and pasta.
Capers are the small, unopened flower buds of a Mediterranean bush. You can purchase capers at any grocery store, generally pickled in vinegar and packed in jars. Capers provide a piquant not to sauces, dressings, and salads. Capers in vinegar should last for months in the original jar in the refrigerator after opening. Salt-packed capers may be stored for several months at room temperature in an airtight container. Be sure to drain off liquid before using capers packed in vinegar. Salt-packed capers should be rinsed and dried.
- 3 Chicken Breast Scapolini
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 5 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 medium Shallots sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons Capers remove juice (use more capers in to your liking)
- 1 cup Uncooked Spiral Pasta or Penne
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream ( I used Horizon Milk brand)
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken Broth Low Sodium
- 1-2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning dried
- 1 Lemon Juiced. Add more according to your liking
- 3 oz Spinach Leaves
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan sear the chicken until golden brown on both sides for about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked chicken onto a plate. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter into a skillet. Cook garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, capers and uncooked pasta. Stir until the pasta is completely covered with broth.
- Simmer on medium low heat for about 11 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add more chicken broth if more liquid is needed to cook the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add spinach into a skillet and keep stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken back into skillet...Stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.