Looking for tasty chicken breast recipes? Try this one skillet meal, chicken with creamy lemon caper sauce and pasta. I cooked this complete pasta chicken dish using my favorite cast iron skillet (pre-seasoned, made in the USA)
- 3 Chicken Breast Scapolini
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 5 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 medium Shallots sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons Capers remove juice (use more capers in to your liking)
- 1 cup Uncooked Spiral Pasta or Penne
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream ( I used Horizon Milk brand)
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken Broth Low Sodium
- 1-2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning dried
- 1 Lemon Juiced. Add more according to your liking
- 3 oz Spinach Leaves
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan sear the chicken until golden brown on both sides for about 6-8 minutes per side.
Transfer the cooked chicken onto a plate. Set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon butter into a skillet. Cook garlic and shallots until fragrant.
Add heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, capers and uncooked pasta. Stir until the pasta is completely covered with broth.
Simmer on medium low heat for about 11 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add more chicken broth if more liquid is needed to cook the pasta.
Once the pasta is cooked, add spinach into a skillet and keep stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
Pour the chicken back into skillet...Stir for about 1-2 minutes.