This corn chowder bacon recipe is a simple everyday soup made from staple ingredients and so easy to make.
Corn Chowder Bacon Recipe
- 1 lb frozen corn, thawed
- 250 gram smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 lb potatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat
- Add garlic, onion and stir for about 3 minutes until softened
- Add bacon and leeks, cook for another 3 minutes
- In a bowl, mix the flour and stock, stir it into the pan then add potatoes
- Cook and keep stirring for 2 minutes
- Bring the soup to boil, season with salt/pepper then lower the heat
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through
- Stir in the corn and cream then cook for 5 minutes, gradually stir in the cheese until melted
- Remove from the heat and serve
- Garnish with grated cheese and fried/baked bacon
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Never made my own before but definitely trying this soon! That looks delicious. I love my bacon.
Dina Demarest (@dinade)
Corn chowder is one of my favorites! I always just buy the canned version but now I can make it myself. Thank you!
Krystal @ Sunny Sweet Days
Chowder is actually my favorite but I have never had it like this before. We do seafood chowder a lot and use cheese. I'd love to try it with corn and bacon, YUM!
I've never made Corn Chowder before, but this sounds amazing! I will definitely give this a try sometime! Thanks for sharing.