Easy Chicken Jambalaya Recipe. Jambalaya is a traditional Louisiana Creole dish of Spanish and French influence. It's a creole version of paella.
Easy Chicken Jambalaya Recipe
- 10 ounces andouille sausage
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups white long grain rice
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Season the chicken with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, oregano and thyme.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook chicken until browned all over.
- Add celery stalks, onion, bell pepper then cook for 3 minutes
- Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire. Stir in rice and slowly add broth
- Add andouille sausage then reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked through
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This was horrible. I wish some of the people above had made it and posted the results.