Make your own homemade honey mustard dipping sauce or dressing with simple ingredients. This 5-minute honey mustard is creamy, sweet, and tangy, and retains some of its mustard complexity.
Love Chick-fil-A sauce? Try this honey mustard sauce! This dipping sauce is so versatile! You can use this as a dipping sauce for various kinds of chicken, such as crispy chicken tenders or nuggets. It also makes for a great sandwich spread or as a salad dressing.
Why You'll Love This Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Flavorful. This homemade honey mustard is undoubtedly delicious. It's a keeper recipe, a great dipping sauce to keep in the fridge.
- Easy and Cheap to Make. This 7-ingredient honey mustard is absolutely easy to make, is cheaper, and tastes better than store-bought sauce.
- Adjustable. The best part of making this sauce at home is you can easily customize the taste to your own liking.
This honey mustard is a mayo-based sauce. The mayo sauce is seasoned with yellow mustard, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, and paprika, and is sweetened with honey. No salt added!
- Mayonnaise. It's commonly used to create a thick and creamy sauce.
- Dijon and Yellow Mustard. I used a combination of dijon and yellow mustard to create more depth and a subtle mustard flavor. Yellow mustard plays an important role in adding a bright yellow color to the sauce, while Dijon mustard makes the sauce creamier.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and White Vinegar. I use both types of vinegar to make the sauce taste smooth and less acidic.
- Paprika. It adds a subtly sweet and peppery taste to the sauce.
- Honey. It adds sweetness so the sauce isn't too acidic.
What to Serve With Honey Mustard
I made this homemade honey mustard to serve with these delicious oven-baked crispy chicken tenders. Both recipes are quickly becoming my family's favorite for lunch or dinner.
You can also use this honey mustard as:
- Dressing for salads.
- A sauce to brush on chicken and pork.
- A spread on salmon. Just brush it on the fillet before you roast it, or as a sauce to serve with cooked salmon.
- A spread for sandwiches.
- A dipping sauce for veggies.
- Whisk in with the vinegar and other ingredients to create a salad dressing.
- Customize it. Use this recipe as a start. You can always customize the ingredients based on their availability and your taste.
- Vinegar. You can use both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar or either one of them alone. These can also be replaced with rice wine vinegar or lemon juice (again, customize to your liking).
- Taste it! If you aren't sure how acidic you want your sauce to be, taste it often and add a small amount of vinegar at a time. The same rule applies to honey.
One of the main ingredients of this honey mustard is Mayo. Any mayo-based products need to be kept in the fridge.
Here's how to store the leftover honey mustard:
- Place the leftover honey mustard in an airtight container.
- Store the honey mustard in the fridge and enjoy it within 3 days.
I hope you'll enjoy this recipe and share it with friends! If you try it and don’t mind, please leave me a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. Be sure to subscribe to receive weekly recipes and follow me on Pinterest.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 100% honey, (add more according to your liking)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients above until well combined.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days.
- Serve with these oven-baked crispy chicken tenders
Honey mustard is my daughter's favorite dipping sauce. I'm pinning this for her so she can learn how to make it.
Honey mustard dipping sauce looks delicious great with chicken and meat.
It is so much better to make something from scratch your self - will defo have ago at this
Tastes just like Chic-Fila sauce. So good!
Thanks for sharing your feedback! I am glad that you liked this recipe. I am a big fan of Chic Fil A sauce too!
Made it, loved it! It was truly a hit. I loved & my husband loved it. It was one of the best honey mustard recipes.
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Lenora! 🙂 I am glad that you and your husband loved this honey mustard recipe!
Best recipe for honey mustard sauce!
Thank you very much, Lenora!
I followed this recipe exactly, and this was the worst honey mustard I have ever had. I don’t recommend this recipe for a true honey mustard lover.
Hi, thanks for the comment. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, but do appreciate the honest feedback. My honey mustard is unique and very popular, but maybe not for everyone so I do thank you for the feedback.-Rika
Absolutely amazing recipe
The paprika ruined this, it’s not yellow at all,more reddish, and does not taste good at all. I went by the directions
Sorry that this recipe didn't turn out well for you.