Watermelon margarita recipe with Tropicana® Watermelon. Easy cocktail recipe using Tequila and naturally flavor watermelon juice. This watermelon margarita recipe is so refreshing and perfect for Memorial Day, girls' night, or any other occasion.
Watermelon Margarita Recipe
Following up on that last tip, I am really excited about a little drink I came up with called a “Kickin’ Watermelon Margarita.” It is sooooo good, with the light and fresh taste of watermelon and a little kick of spice in each sip.
This watermelon margarita is delicious! It's one of our most popular drink recipes!
The Ingredients for Kickin’ Watermelon Margarita
To make this summer margarita, you just need 3 ingredients: Tropicana Watermelon, lime, chile-lime powder, and tequila!
The other ingredient that makes my new cocktail drink really stand out is the chili-lime powder.
You can throw a dash of chili-lime powder into the drink or add it in with the salt on the rim of the glass, or both. It gives a spicy little chili kick to your taste buds, something that I think compliments the smooth watermelon flavor.
I first started using chili-lime powder on fruits and vegetables a couple of years back and oftentimes use it on cucumbers, watermelon, and other juicy fruits and vegetables. This is the first time I’ve tried it in a cocktail. If it’s not for you, then scaling the drink back to just a standard Watermelon Margarita recipe is perfectly alright…it’s just as delicious!
How to Make the Best and Easiest Watermelon Margarita
Making a simple margarita from scratch is easy. Here's how to do it.
Step 1. Get a Cocktail Shaker
If you want a smoother and best-tasting drink, use a cocktail shaker. If you don't have a cocktail shaker, use a coffee mug with a lid.
Step 2. Mix All of The Ingredients
Simply add Tropicana Watermelon, Tequila, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice to the cocktail shaker then start shaking for about 30 seconds.
Step 3. Salt the Rim of a Cocktail Glass
- On a paper towel spread moderate amounts of kosher salt and chili-lime powder.
- Wet the rim of a margarita or other glass and gently dab and press on a paper towel until the desired amount of salt and chili powder is applied.
Step 4. Pour the Margarita into a Cocktail Glass
Pour margarita contents into a glass and serve over ice.
Please note that I keep a 2 to 1 ratio of Tropicana® Watermelon drink to Tequila, which makes it very easy to adjust the recipe for more or fewer people. Feel free of course to make it more or less strong (my husband prefers a 1:1 ratio and says it still tastes amazing).
5 Tips For Hosting A Girls-Night-In Party
- Theme Parties Rule: Including a simple theme for a party will get your guests thinking and planning ahead of time. The buildup makes it all the better! Even a simple $1 moustache prop to make it a “Moustaches and Martinis” party will make for really fun pics and raise the fun-factor for the whole event.
- Name the Party: “Polyester Flashback”, “Southern Bells Raising Hell” and “80s Ladies” are just a few from our list. Going along with my first rule, it just adds to the fun of it. It makes the invitation / Evite look cooler, too!
- Banish the Boys: My husband stayed home during one of my girls night in parties and tried his best to stay out of our way--he stayed in the garage working on who knows what. We only saw him a couple of times, but afterwards, he and I decided that he should be out of the house for the duration of those parties. It works out though, as he and the rest of the guys now coordinate their Texas Hold’em Poker parties on the same nights.
- Prepare a Playlist: The last thing you want to do is worry about running over to change the song every five minutes, or hearing ads pop-up between your songs (talk about a buzzkill). Especially for theme parties, you want to set the right mood with your music. Have fun with it, and don’t worry too much about whether someone might not like this song or that… after all, it’s a party!
- Have a Special Drink for the Night: A special cocktail or non-alcoholic drink for the night will be a hit if it’s unique and tastes good. It shows your guests that you put a little extra time and thought into the evening. I usually strive to make a drink that is pretty to look at, possibly by adding a little fruit or extra garnish. These little things go a long way for presentation and taste.
Hope you'll enjoy this easy cocktail recipe w/ Tropicana Watermelon: Watermelon Margarita recipe!
Kickin' Watermelon Margarita
- 2 cups Tropicana® Watermelon
- 1 cup Tequila
- ¼ fresh lime, (squeezed)
- kosher salt
- chili-lime powder
- Add Tropicana watermelon, Tequila, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice to the cocktail shaker then start shaking for about 30 seconds. If you prefer a frozen margarita then mix in a blender with ¼ to ½ cup of ice.
- On a paper towel spread moderate amounts of kosher salt and chili-lime powder. Wet the rim of a margarita or other glass and gently dab and press on a paper towel until the desired amount of salt and chili powder is applied.
- Pour margarita contents into a glass and serve over ice. *If desired, toss in a pinch or two of chili lime powder directly into the margarita.
Tiffany @ Parsnips + Pastries
your photography is just stunning 🙂 xo, Tiffany http://www.parsnipsandpastries.com
Hi Tiffany, Thanks so much for the kind words! I just visited your site, it's beautiful!
Margaritas are such a great base to make an endless array of drinks with. This looks great.
now that's a drink I would love to try! I'll have to keep this in mind for future parties, thanks for sharing!
If I go to a restaurant and see watermelon margaritas, I almost always order it! It is such a fun combo, but I love it even more that you can make it at home. yUM!
We always buy Tropicana® Watermelon in our home but I never thought to mix it like that! That's going to be my summer recipe for drinks!
This drink looks and sounds delicious! I was thinking of making a Sangria for the upcoming holiday seasons but I just may have to try this instead.
This looks like it should have been on my rotation ages ago. But more importantly: how can I get invited to one of your parties?!?! 🙂
Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen
Oh wow! This looks really good and your photos are amazing!!
Sarah E Crisp
Where did you get that tray from!
Hi Sarah, I got it from HomeGoods 🙂