This post was sponsored by Revolution Cooking(TM) as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed are my own.
A flavorful Mexican Breakfast Toast recipe with egg, ranchero sauce, black beans, chorizo, and avocado. This is a great breakfast recipe that you’ll also enjoy for brunch. It’s so filling and full of flavors.
This Mexican inspired breakfast recipe is a great addition to your morning. It’s absolutely delicious, and is not only satisfying but will also help start the day off right and keep you feeling full longer.
Mexican Breakfast Toast Ingredients:
To make this Mexican Breakfast Toast you will need a slice of good French bread, a perfect sunny side egg, black beans, fresh avocados, cilantro, beef chorizo, and ranchero sauce.
Homemade Ranchero Sauce:
Ranchero sauce is one of the most important ingredients to make this tasty toast. The sauce contains fresh green bell pepper, jalapeno, tomato sauce, broth, cumin, garlic, onion, and ancho chili pepper. The cooking process is actually quite easy but it does require about 15-20 minutes of cooking time. Therefore, I highly recommend cooking this sauce the night before if you are going to make the toast on busy mornings.
For this recipe, I used beef chorizo that I purchased from the store. The cooking process is pretty quick and simple. For that reason, you can cook the chorizo the night before or in the morning.
A sunny side egg:
A perfect sunny side egg also plays an important part to compliment the overall flavor of the dish. To make the perfect sunny side egg, you just need to heat about 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over low heat, let it simmer for about 5 minutes then crack the egg, cover the skillet with a lid, and cook until the whites are completely set and the yolks are still runny.
Never skip out on a good toast… but how about the best toast around? I used sliced French bread and toasted it with the Revolution Cooking™ R180 High-Speed Smart Toaster. It lets me choose the preferred browning level and crispiness of my toast each time (for this recipe I opted for a crispier toast, which perfectly offsets the runny egg and smooth avocado).
I love the interface of it with a touchscreen that lets you select the item you’re cooking and the exact settings (compared to our old toaster where I had to play a guessing game on a level that often resulted in burnt toast). That’s especially helpful for our kitchen where I’m not always toasting the same thing, and have different preferences than my husband (who likes his toast harder and darker than me.
The Joy of Breakthrough Kitchen Products:
It’s always exciting to get a breakthrough kitchen item like this R180 High-Speed Smart Toaster. For one it stands out with its sleek modern design and high-tech touchscreen. I had guests staying with me the last week and they were drawn in by that, but then noticed that it actually cooks items faster and gives a much better flavor (even for those frozen items, thanks to technology that’s completely different from other toasters on the market (that all use the old coils for heating). This and about four or five other items around my kitchen really get me excited.
I love having products in my home that are cutting edge, yet are still grounded in delivering better results and aren’t just for show. Especially in the kitchen, where I spend a ton of time and get so much joy, it’s a treat to have such items, and they really do turn out better food which in the end makes me look good!
Click here to visit the Revolution Cooking website where you can sign up for the email newsletter and purchase your own R180 High-Speed Smart Toaster! Use the promo code REVCOOK20 and receive 20% off now through 12/31!
Mexican Breakfast Toast
For Mexican Breakfast Toast:
- 6 sunny-side-up eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) cooked black beans , (rinsed and drained)
- 6 slices sandwich bread ( I used French loaf bread), (toasted)
- 12-16 oz chorizo , (store-bought) (cooked according to the product packaging)
For Ranchero Sauce:
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ fresh jalapeno pepper
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin, (add more according to your liking)
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chili pepper, (add more according to your liking)
- 1 cup broth
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- fresh jalapeno
- fresh cilantro
- fresh avocado
To Make Ranchero Sauce:
- In a large dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, green bell pepper, cumin, ancho chili pepper then cook until soft (for about 2-3 minutes). Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Add broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer then lower the heat. Cook until the sauce is thickened like a stew for about 15 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
To Make Mexican Breakfast Toast
- Carefully put your slices of bread into the bread slots of the toaster then toast the bread.
- Divide toast among plates. Add a generous amount of black beans, chorizo over and top with sunny-side-up egg and ranchero sauce. Feel free to add the additional toppings; jalapeno, fresh cilantro, and avocado.