“This post was sponsored by a2 Milk® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review
My husband grew up in Minnesota, where dairy farms stretch as far as the eye can see and milk is consumed three times a day. Even at age 40 his favorite snack is still either milk and cereal or milk and cookies, which he sometimes sneaks when he thinks I’m asleep at night. As much as he loves milk, it often gives him a discomfort in his chest. He isn’t as inquisitive as me about health and had never really looked into it more, rather he just chalked it up as “one of those things”. If he had done some research, he would have found that 1 in 4 Americans actually have discomfort after drinking milk. Only 5-7% of the population has been clinically diagnosed with a lactose intolerance medical condition.
Great news from a2 Milk® Company™ is that folks like my husband don’t have to live with that discomfort, or do away with milk altogether. Their a2 Milk® tackles the issue with most of the conventional and even organic milks on the U.S. market, which is that they have A1 protein. This A1 protein leads to many people’s discomfort, and the a2 Milk® Company™ takes this head-on by specially selecting a2 cows whose milk is naturally free of the A1 protein.
The difference in a2 Milk® from other brands is in its taste, too. The purity shines through for a smooth and unadulterated taste. It’s some of the best milk that me and my husband have ever tasted. After one sip I think you’ll will see exactly what I mean. Another big differentiator in a2 Milk® is how much healthier it is compared to other alternatives. There are 6x the amount of calcium as a soy beverages, approximately 8x the protein of almond beverages and 6x the potassium levels of rice beverages.
a2 Milk® makes having the classic snack of milk a cookies a pain and discomfort free option again for millions of people. Below see my No Bake Protein Balls Cookie Recipe, perfect to enjoy with a tall glass of milk. You will love that the recipe has no sugar added and is a completely no-bake option. It’s so easy to make and can be ready in less than 15 minutes. I enjoy high protein foods for just about any meal, or for a pre/post workout or for a healthier-option snack.
For more information and updates :
- 2 cups uncooked/unsweetened high fiber oatmeal
- 2-3 ripe large bananas
- 1 cup almond butter/peanut butter
- 1 cup vanilla or any protein powder of your choice . I used vanilla + greens for this recipe preferable unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dried black currants
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3-4 tablespoons hemp oil/coconut oil
- Optional : add agave nectar/honey/maple syrup according to your liking
- Mix all the ingredients above in a blender or food processor, then blend until smooth.
- Using a medium sized ice-cream scooper to mold and shape the mixture into balls.
- Serve and Enjoy with a2 Milk®